Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2
    I think this is a silly group and that was obvious by the looks of Rehagel.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Yeah, certainly do not discount Greece, even if it will be painful to see them progress. I'm not so sure about Nigeria, although I haven't seen them play in quite a long time. Obi Wan will have to step his game up and probably score a few goals, too.

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    The Greeks & Nigerians will have plenty support here,i just pity the Greek supporters if they try to fight the Nigerians.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Greece will give Nigeria a run for their money. Anything can happen, it can go either way. I think Argentina with Maradona will struggle as well.

Korea will be too overwhelmed by the occasion

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    The last, and the only, time Greece played at a WC was in 1994 and that group was very similar to this one (Argentina, Nigeria, Bulgaria, Greece).
    The Greeks wish they didn't qualify for that world cup because they left USA with 3 defeats and 0:10 goal difference.

But those were different times. Argentina had Maradona and Batistuta, Bulgaria had Stoichkov, Balakov and Lechkov, while Nigeria had an exciting team with Amokachi, Finidi George, Amuneke, Okocha.

Now Argentina ain't too special, the Nigerians aren't even close to their 1994 team and the Koreans aren't gonna do what the Bulgarians did in 1994.

Greece might even have a chance to qualify.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    This group is a very uninteresting one IMO, Argentina will labor their way to first with more touchline antics and controversy from Maradona. I haven't seen Nigeria or South Korea play in quite a long time so I don't know how they will fair against Greece's anti football

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)