Serie A vs EPL vs La Liga debate (1 Viewer)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
So let's see. It's been a while since people discussed about it.

How would you compare these 3 leagues?

1. Is Serie A really that weak?
2. Can EPL teams continue with their power in Europe?
3. Is La Liga really so bad?

There are many questions to be discussed. I'll post all teams so we can compare.

Inter - Chelsea - Barcelona
Juventus - Manchester - Real M.
Sampdoria - Arsenal - Sevilla
Milan - City - Valencia
Fiorentina - Tottenham - Mallorca
Napoli - Pool - Deportivo
Genoa - Aston Villa - Gijón
Parma - Sunderland - Espanyol
Cagliari - Stoke City - Bilbao
Palermo - Burnley - Osasuna
Bari -Fulham - Getafe
Chievo - Wigan - Zaragoza
Udinese - Everton - Villareal
Roma - Birmingham - Valladolid
Lazio - Bolton - Almeria
Atalanta - Wolves - Tenerife
Bologna - Blackburn - Santander
Livorno - Hull - Atletico
Catania - West Ham - Xerez
Siena - Portsmouth - Malaga

Now, styles are different and in the most of cases EPL would run over Serie A. Most of the teams. The way Italians play in Europe is not paying off. It can't work without aggression and higher work rate it seems. Inter is weak and he's representing Italy for years there, we couldn't do anything after Calciopoli hit us and Milan since 2003. They suck and they won't do anything this season as well. We laugh at La Liga because it's either Real or Barca, but it's not like it's anything better in Italy. Pool is bad this season but we're probably yet to see Chelsea and Manure beating almost anything out there. Barcelona is yet to show their worth.

What do you think? How bad this situation in Serie A really is? And how many years are we going to wait so we could see Italian teams in semis?

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Take out Inter from Serie A it becomes the most interesting league in terms of competition.

Take out Barcelona and Madrid from the EPL it becomes the most interesting league in terms of competition.

That cannot be said about the EPL because you have to take four or five teams or sometimes more.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #12
    If there'd be face to face, Serie A teams vs EPL I think most of the Italian teams would get humiliated. Maybe not by crazy results, but play.

League might be competitive but is it with average and weak teams? EPL would be a massacre probably, in terms of play, unlike Serie A.

---

Serie A style of play is bad for Europe, it's too slow and it's not aggressive... It's not working.

May 22, 2007
    Serie A style of play is bad for Europe, it's too slow and it's not aggressive... It's not working.
    Not for the proper teams, but July/August 2006 fucked everyone up in the long run.

EPL is best, but we'll get a clearer view at the end of the season after the Champions League final about which country has the best clubs, EPL or La Liga.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #14
    Not for the proper teams, but July/August 2006 fucked everyone up in the long run.

EPL is best, but we'll get a clearer view at the end of the season after the Champions League final about which country has the best clubs, EPL or La Liga.
    We don't see that very often though eh? I know what you mean but we're not old Juve anymore, it's gonna take us a while to reach our prime. Milan is too weak now, Roma is not going to be there till they sell the club, Fiorentina is not CL material and Inter, who's always first in Serie A, sucks in Europe. At least so far he sucked. Jack said the truth, they are going to be big when they win, but who knows when will that happen. It's not like that with EPL teams though, it's a rough fight out there.

But I must say I wouldn't like to see us face Manchester at all.

May 22, 2007
    We don't see that very often though eh? I know what you mean but we're not old Juve anymore, it's gonna take us a while to reach our prime. Milan is too weak now, Roma is not going to be there till they sell the club, Fiorentina is not CL material and Inter, who's always first in Serie A, sucks in Europe. At least so far he sucked. Jack said the truth, they are going to be big when they win, but who knows when will that happen. It's not like that with EPL teams though, it's a rough fight out there.

But I must say I wouldn't like to see us face Manchester at all.
    We don't see it because all the clubs you mention which once had great players are messing up their strategies. Roma were in a great position once upon a time, and now they're struggling to win any games against relegation candidates. And now Manchester City are potentially about to become one of the bigger clubs which will make EPL more competitive near the top.

I'd really like Real Madrid in the second stage for some reason.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I don't compare. It's a pointless exercise in my book, to be honest -- something for false pride or the statisticians.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)