could we win anything this season..?? (1 Viewer)

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
hi everyone..

it's been too long since i last posted here.. but, I'm not gonna talk about that now.. this is a team discussion, so we're gonna stick to that..

so.....

the big question at the moment is:
"do we have a chance to win anything this season..?? do we have a squad that is good enough to do so..?"

I'm gonna start thinking like a pessimistic and say what can cause such empty-handed closure to our season:

- lack of depth: although on paper, our bench has good quality players, however, their performance and lack of playing opportunities maybe made them a bit ineffective whenever they are needed.. I can name few starters who are hard to replace.. the last time i saw Juve with great depth and solid tactics was in the days of capello..

- frequent absence and repetitve freakin injuries: what the problem here guys.. really.. something must be wrong.. our squad has never been injury-free for a very long time, almost two seasons now, and we always see players missing due to fatigue or serious absence..

- our midfeild sucks: apart from diego & camo, there is no spark.. usually this can be solved by having solid, dynamic and well organized players.. i don't wanna refer to certain players.. but, really the midfeild can be outrun by almost any team..!

- the spirit and dedication: we need them, yes, but it seems it's our only ticket to win.. that means, our tactics are not good enough.. following the coach's orders word-by-word is not enough?? we ALWAYS need the extra charge.. WE ALWAYS NEED TO PLAY LIKE WE ARE GETTING RELEGATED to win a game.. this agility and hunger for win is good, but, I wonder why we can't win like a team who's winning because they simply play better football..!!!! unfortunately although i hate to admit it, but i miss the days when we used to win by the least effort possible..!

- the management: to build a solid team, you need quality players.. not necessarily superstars, no, I always beleived that great teams create superstars not buy them.. but, my point is, we need good quality potentials.. let me elaborate.. having the likes of tiago, paulsen, salihamzic, zebina the fool, molinaro, laegrotalie as 2nd choice is useless..! we should have brought forward some young potentials that we ALREADY had.. and one more thing, regarding this management's 5-year-plan..!!! the owners and shareholders of Juve must have lots of patience for this management, I wonder what will happen to them after this 5-year plan ends.. if I'm aboard the shareholders, and juve didn't bring the treble or at least a double, then I'll shoot all of them in the head with a cegar in one hand and a good old fashioned rifle on the other so help me god..!!!

it's really frustrating for us fans to see Juve like this, one match on top, and 5 other matches struggling to show a decent performance..!! and what frustrates me the most is the headlines and comments in their official site.. come the f*** one..!! they talk like they are addressing a kinder garden boys..!! :andy2:

pour your comments guys, my mind is truely perplexed at this team, I can't imagine us winning any silverware for a long time..!!! :angry2:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
I feel the stress my friend. We are all longing for gold here, but all I can advice is to have faith and be patient. We still have a long way to go.

OP
Gandalf

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    I feel the stress my friend. We are all longing for gold here, but all I can advice is to have faith and be patient. We still have a long way to go.
    thanks..

but, things do not look promising..!! and everybody can see that there is something no right about the team.. it's just not normal..!!

kinda feels like we exchanged t-shirts with Inter..!! the tomb of stars will have a new home it seems..!! :groan:

blondu

Grazie Ale
    Nov 9, 2006
    i personally expected so much from this season...i can't believe it's early in november and inter has 7 points in front of us, and we have only 4 points in 3 matches in ucl (2 played home). We were in crisis, but we managed to pull some important wins but we f*cked the momentum again... I blame only our terrible bad luck with injuries.. When you put up the list of injured players, they even can beat the first 11 fit team. I can't blame the bod..they done the best they could in this summer, the transfers were ok..we splashed a lot of money, too bad we didn't got rid of tiago and poulsen. Ciro is an ok coach, better than ranieri in every day of the week, his lack is motivating the team imo, and doing some foolish substitutions. But he will learn, and we must have confidence in him. Anyways this season is not over...we have seen this scenario before and some wonders can happen...beating inter, and as you said gandalf, having the right mentality in every game, can bring us the scudetto.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I definitely think we could, but it doesn't look like we will. If we do win something it's going to be by accident almost. We don't have what we used to have, that incessant will to win.

The squad is good enough at this point, it was probably good enough even last year with a decent coach. The biggest problem seems to be the injuries, but we have sooo many players on the roster that we should be able to work around that. I mean if you think about Roma in recent years, with a faaar smaller squad, and they've still managed to perform very well with less than half the resources we have. Of course now they do completely suck, but they kept defying the odds for years.

Injuries are always a problem, but it's never going to go away so we need to work around that.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    7 points diff is not that much. The season has just started, a lot can happen, but we gotta get our shit together.

My sig gotta give us a break for that to happen tho :xfinger:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    The answer is pure and simple: NO!

Reasons:

1) We lack identity and spirit
    2) A novice coach who continues and will continue to experiment with formations; he is tactically inferior to a lot of the other tacticians, and almost always makes the wrong decisions when it comes to substitutions
    3) Mediocre players in key positions
    4) Injuries

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    2) A novice coach who continues and will continue to experiment with formations; he is tactically inferior to a lot of the other tacticians, and almost always makes the wrong decisions when it comes to substitutions
    Sure, but I think we should face up to this. Hiring Ferrara was a risk. Of course we all hoped he would be an instant Guardiola, but much more likely he wouldn't be.

And since we decided to take that risk we should accept the consequences. Ferrara might turn out to be a good coach, within 2 or 3 years. If we don't like that scenario anymore, well a new decision has to be made.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    it seems

like i dont no
    last few seasons ive had that re assurance that in the end we will win the game, we always do, we will find that goal we need, were juve thats how we do things.

but lately i dont feel this way.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    Inter will lose games this season. Of that we can be sure. Whether we will decide to lift our game or not along with getting a full squad at Ciro's disposal this season, I'm not sure.

Plusvalenza

The Photoshop Pervert
    Jan 6, 2009
    2009-12-05 Juventus FC - Internazionale FC
    2009-12-08 Juventus FC - FC Bayern

Nice week coming in just a month. It could give us confidence to fight until May, or make our season over as well. At this point I still have some hopes, but what worries me is that we desperately need some progress. This team was able to win CL group beating Real twice and reach 1/8 and 2nd place in Serie A without Diego, Melo, Cannavaro and Grosso and with retarded idiot in charge. I can't believe that we have to worry about reaching as little as that after building a nearly perfect team on paper.

Dec 31, 2008
    The fitness of our players and their recovery period has been terrible over the last 2 seasons. Blame it on the medics or neone else as long as we are not solving this issue our team is not going to be performing consisitently. The bench strength is another issue. barring a few positions the other subs are a joke. This season it will be very difficult for us to lift any trophy. The management has to work sensibly so that these weak points are removed

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
    I don't think Ferrara is at fault here, the problem with the club is consistency, perfectly highlighted by the last 2 games. In order to be consistent we need to get into a system of playing with the majority of the team being unchanged. The problem being we simply cannot do that in view of constant injuries. Therefore this is what I blame.

And to answer the question unless the injured players miracously recover over night and we stay 100% injury free, we won't win anything. The proportion of having so many injured players and still winnign anything is like the titanic still reaching its destination after it hit the iceberg.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    I was just reading Champions magazine (UEFA's), and they wrote about the Lippi era, fuck man we were the best of the world, 3 finals in a row :cry:

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    The only thing that is worth discussing in Gandalf's post is "The spirit and dedication".

After Calciopoli it was our strongest factor. The first year we aimed to play in the CL, the players wanted it and they achieved it by spirit. Last season they wanted automatic qualification to the CL and the players achieved it by spirit as well.

This year you feel that they want to win the Scudetto with this mentality but the problem is there is no dedication and with every slip, Inter win with ease and it affects us negatively psychologically.

And to be honest, the only thing that can fix that is Del Piero on the pitch. If he can't lift the team spirit to show the real Juventus character and potential, no one can.

Over and out. I will reply to the thread question when god is back in the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)