What if... Cassano had gone to Barcelona instead? (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Is there a chance he would have gotten his career on track? Clearly Guardiola knows how to handle the stuck up, unstable specimen (Eto'o, now Zlatan) and before him Rijkaard managed fairly well too. Naturally, Barcelona seems to have more semblance of sanity in the locker room as well.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Rijkaard managed to show that he's only a decent coach. He was coaching Barca at their prime so I wouldn't even hail him at all. Pretty much same goes for Pepe, he's looks good but this Barca is pretty much unbeatable even without a coach.

Cassano getting Henry's place would be very good for them and it's something I definitely don't want to see.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #4
    @Dusan
    I'm talking about Cassano's prospect of fulfilling his promise, not Barca's success.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Is there a chance he would have gotten his career on track? Clearly Guardiola knows how to handle the stuck up, unstable specimen (Eto'o, now Zlatan) and before him Rijkaard managed fairly well too. Naturally, Barcelona seems to have more semblance of sanity in the locker room as well.
    Absolutely! He could even have a much better career if he joined us earlier, before joining Madrid..

Sep 1, 2002
    Rijkaard managed to show that he's only a decent coach. He was coaching Barca at their prime so I wouldn't even hail him at all. Pretty much same goes for Pepe, he's looks good but this Barca is pretty much unbeatable even without a coach.

Cassano getting Henry's place would be very good for them and it's something I definitely don't want to see.
    Disagree, on the Pepe part of your statement. I believe he has shown himself to be a terrific man-manager, tactician, and dealer in the transfer Market.

The idea a team is so good that they would cope with any old manager has been disproven on many occassions.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Disagree, on the Pepe part of your statement. I believe he has shown himself to be a terrific man-manager, tactician, and dealer in the transfer Market.

The idea a team is so good that they would cope with any old manager has been disproven on many occassions.
    How was he involved in the transfer market? And yet again I'll mention how people said the same for Rijkaard.

Hey, I'm not saying he's an awful coach, but before I say he's good enough I'd have to see him somewhere else.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    I dont think Cassano would have fulfilled his promise at Barcelona.Big team.Big Stars.I think he's someone who is more likely to excel at a midtable club where he is the nucleus of the team.This doesnt necessarily mean that he requires constant idolation.But he isnt a player who will prosper as much in a big team full of big players,compared to a small team that he can lead to greater things.Somewhat like Maradona and Napoli.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    I dont think Cassano would have fulfilled his promise at Barcelona.Big team.Big Stars.I think he's someone who is more likely to excel at a midtable club where he is the nucleus of the team.This doesnt necessarily mean that he requires constant idolation.But he isnt a player who will prosper as much in a big team full of big players,compared to a small team that he can lead to greater things.Somewhat like Maradona and Napoli.
    "A big fish in a small pond" That's all you had to say...

Maradona's napoli was far from a small pond by the way.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    stick to religious oppression of minority groups
    :lol:

I don't think Pepe would have wanted him in the first place.

"A big fish in a small pond" That's all you had to say...

Maradona's napoli was far from a small pond by the way.
    Yes, but ironically Cassano is a lot like his mentor of mischief back at Roma, a certain Mr. Captain Totti. Could have played for anybody, but honestly was too much of a primadonna to play anywhere else.

In Cassano's case, he was always too big for Bari -- though who knows after what Conte has done for them. Samp seems to be his surrogate pond to dominate.

Sep 1, 2002
    How was he involved in the transfer market? And yet again I'll mention how people said the same for Rijkaard.

Hey, I'm not saying he's an awful coach, but before I say he's good enough I'd have to see him somewhere else.
    OO

I think the Ibra deal, and loaning out a dodgy defender are pretty reasonable transfers.

As for him needing to prove himself at another club, I'll make you right.

That Alex Ferguson needs to prove himself too.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    OO

I think the Ibra deal, and loaning out a dodgy defender are pretty reasonable transfers.

As for him needing to prove himself at another club, I'll make you right.

That Alex Ferguson needs to prove himself too.
    Ferguson is overrated.

I don't know how much he was really involved in the transfer market. Saying "give me Ibrahimovic or Torres" is not a rocket science.

blondu

Grazie Ale
    Nov 9, 2006
    what if all cassano's lovers would take a second to look at this picture, then stop messing around with sentences like he would fill dp's shoes:

Sep 1, 2002
    Ferguson is overrated.

I don't know how much he was really involved in the transfer market. Saying "give me Ibrahimovic or Torres" is not a rocket science.
    If any idiot could do it then Juventus would have won the Scudetto under Ranieri's tenure.

Fergi is pretty good, I believe. Going on his record as a manager.
    What are you basing your judgement on?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    It's Juventus vs Sampdoria and not Juventus vs Cassano FC ffs!

Take a look at these :lazy:

Conclusion: Del Piero is a bad player? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)