Sebatime? (1 Viewer)

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
After Ale's unfortunate injury that he picked up recently, there certainly seems to be a need to reevaluate our starting line-up and perhaps this may be the perfect time for Gio to show his worth.

Ever since his 15 minute debut in Serie B where he set up Trez for that goal, I vividly remember that virtually all Juve fans fell in love with this kid. Skip forward three years later, and Giovinco is now a substitute for Diego. Before we acquired the services of the Brazilian wonderkid, Giovinco was one of the most impressive players in Sere A with Empoli and we happened to be aching for a creative player of such calibre.

The following year, Giovinco was Nedved's replacement on the left wing. He faired okay in that area, his main problem being his lack of defensive coverage which left an incompetent Molinaro a little too exposed at the back. He was thus used too little and did not receive enough playing time. Many people argued that he was played out of position and Gio's natural position is as a traquerista .

This year, he got what he wished for. After Diego's unfortunate injury, Seba got a good number of starts under his belt as traquerista. However, he did not impress, in fact, some may consider his performances somewhat disappointing.

That's all behind us now and we're faced with a new predicament, attack. Amauri has been completely out of form and I think most people will agree that he needs to hit the bench. IQ has been by far our best striker this season but there are fears that we may be over using him. With Alex out, Amauri out of form, IQ exhausted, who should partner Trez in attack? Will it be an exhausted IQ, a deadbeat Amauri, or an enthusiastic Giovinco? Could this be Giovinco's natural position afterall and consequently a potentially successful carreer at Juventus?

We all have to see what Ferrarra decides. I personally think he will keep Giovinco on the bench as it is uncharacteristic to suddenly alter the formation unless we only have 1 striker available. But who knows?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
On a more serious note Giovinco should get another chance now. As you said Amauri is out of form and our best pick should be

Diego

Trez-Giovinco

Hopefully we'll realize his real position soon. It's been more then a year and we don't know how and where to use him.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
i agree with gio being used there with diego behind him it will just give him more freedom, thing is especcially with camo in great form i dont see it happening, sadly.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
However, playing him as a SS would get us some space up-front because of his speed but I'm not sure if he can do much on that position. His finishing isn't anything special, he's too weak and his shot ain't that great either.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
ive seen him hit a few good shots for the italy u21's but doesnt seem to like shooting for us much, id give him a shot but i doubt ciro will

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)