UEFA Coefficient (2 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Italian vs German teams in this round in Europe:

Italy:
2-2-3 (6:7) 8pts (since a win is counted 2pts then it's 6pts)

Germany:
3-2-1 (11:8) 11pts (8pts).

These points are devided with the number of teams each country has.
Since there are 7 Italian clubs it's 6:7= 0.75pts for Italy this round
There are 6 German clubs so it's 8:6= 1.33 pts for Germany this round

At this moment here's how the UEFA Country coefficients look (last 5 years are counted)
1 England 68.856
2 Spain 66.900
3 Italy 53.052
4 Germany 50.707

The Germans are getting closer and closer. Since next year pts gained in season 2005/06 won't be counted (Italy won 15.3 while Germany won 10.4 in that particular season) the Germans will surely overtake Italy unless the Italians do much better than Germany in the next two seasons.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I love it :weee:

oh and Juve fans should never worry about this. If we don't make the top 3, then it's our own problem, and we don't deserve it!

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Milan should revive along side with Roma at the end of the season with maybe 2 new owners. If not Germans will take the third spot soon.

And I had no idea there was such a big difference between Italy and Spain.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Milan should revive along side with Roma at the end of the season with maybe 2 new owners. If not Germans will take the third spot soon.

And I had no idea there was such a big difference between Italy and Spain.
If Juve get to the quarters then i dont give two shits

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
If Juve get to the quarters then i dont give two shits
You're looking it one-sided, though. Germans are overtaking Italy's place and it's a bad news, for us and everyone else. Saying we'll never be third is stupid too, who knows what can happen. Anyway, however you look at it, it's only Roma and Milan who can make the difference. Fiorentina and Genoa are not strong enough to be on that high level.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
You're looking it one-sided, though. Germans are overtaking Italy's place and it's a bad news, for us and everyone else. Saying we'll never be third is stupid too, who knows what can happen. Anyway, however you look at it, it's only Roma and Milan who can make the difference. Fiorentina and Genoa are not strong enough to be on that high level.
Cant us and itner make the difference too???

If this happened

Juve-Lyon
Inter-Athletico

Juve-Inter, then guaranteed a semi place, that good for co-efficiant??

We need to play in either the Barca or English style because thats the only show in town

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
No! We shouldn't be worried at all. We always aim the title, it's Milan and the likes should worry. I don't give a flying fuck about Italian football if two teams qualify or 4 as long as we do.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Cant us and itner make the difference too???

If this happened

Juve-Lyon
Inter-Athletico

Juve-Inter, then guaranteed a semi place, that good for co-efficiant??

We need to play in either the Barca or English style because thats the only show in town
3rd and 4th team will too, where Italy disappoints.

No! We shouldn't be worried at all. We always aim the title, it's Milan and the likes should worry. I don't give a flying fuck about Italian football if two teams qualify or 4 as long as we do.
That's the thing, you can never know if we will.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
With worse manager in the world and with the worst financial situation and terrible squad we made 3rd position, so I am not worried at all.. Seriously, I will be happy if I see only 3 teams can make the CL spot from Italy. More money will be shared anyway among the Italian teams :tup:

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
With worse manager in the world and with the worst financial situation and terrible squad we made 3rd position, so I am not worried at all.. Seriously, I will be happy if I see only 3 teams can make the CL spot from Italy. More money will be shared anyway among the Italian teams :tup:
rather have 3 quater-finalists than 4 group stagers

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Dude, that's the wrong way to look at it.

If you are looking at it from the perspective of the overall health of Serie A, being overtaken by Germany is the worst thing that could happen. The league is perilously close to being in dire straits as it is. Losing a 4th team could be a death blow.

Antiquated facilities, a lack of player development among all the ranks, youngsters getting poached off of every roster, a lack of competitive balance year in, year out.

I'm not a doom monger, or follow a Chicken Little type of thought process, but anyone who has followed the state of Serie A could see this coming for a long time.

I'm concerned. Very concerned. At this rate, Serie A will be no better than the Portugese league if this keeps up

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
But let me ask you this -- what if we don't qualify?

It's certainly possible. And if that happens, even despite us doing our best, I'd wager that many people who once didn't care about this issue would suddenly change their tune.

I don't know about others, but I'd rather be playing in the best league in the would, rather than one that is considered nothing more than podunk.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

If you are looking at it from the perspective of the overall health of Serie A, being overtaken by Germany is the worst thing that could happen. The league is perilously close to being in dire straits as it is. Losing a 4th team could be a death blow.

Antiquated facilities, a lack of player development among all the ranks, youngsters getting poached off of every roster, a lack of competitive balance year in, year out.

I'm not a doom monger, or follow a Chicken Little type of thought process, but anyone who has followed the state of Serie A could see this coming for a long time.

I'm concerned. Very concerned. At this rate, Serie A will be no better than the Portugese league if this keeps up

It's certainly possible. And if that happens, even despite us doing our best, I'd wager that many people who once didn't care about this issue would suddenly change their tune.

I don't know about others, but I'd rather be playing in the best league in the would, rather than one that is considered nothing more than podunk.
That's right. :tup:

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
and God forbid we do get stuck in a fight for the 4th spot position someday, it would still be a lot more comforting to know that being 4th will still get you into the CL

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
and God forbid we do get stuck in a fight for the 4th spot position someday, it would still be a lot more comforting to know that being 4th will still get you into the CL
Exactly.
Sooner or later we're gonna have a/some bad season(s). That happens to all teams. Hell, about 10 years ago we had a pretty good team and still needed the Intertoto Cup to get ourselves into Europe.

engireman

May 26, 2009
Lucky Germans earns those high points from UEFA Cup recently, so average Italian teams need to succeed in this stage. Coefficient are taken in CL and UEFA same in ranking.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001

Well I think different than both of you. If I was a Genoa or Fiorentina or Roma fan, I would agree. But we are one of the the top 3 teams in Serie A, if we don't make the top 3 then we simply don't deserve to play there, sure I would hate seeing that, but that's the reality. Look at the 4th teams of Serie A and how they are struggling in CL, they don't deserve to be in CL. If we don't qualify? then we don't deserve, what if we make 5th? or last? There is no Ifs and buts here, you want to qualify? then work hard and end up top 3, not a huge task for Juve.

I will not sit here and make drama out of this situation, Italians deserved it long time ago. I will not go and cheer for Italians team to secure my ass to stay in CL, I prefer my team securing the spot itself.

Oh, and think about it this way, when was the last time Juve didn't make the top 3 in the league (putting Serie B aside).

@ Sergio: You are exaggerating man, Italian league will not go down to that level (Portuguese league). First because of the financial support the teams have, and also the fans and the prestige of the big teams. As for Germans overtaking the Italians, German league is in rise, and Serie A is in fall, just recently Italians started to rise again, we can't hope Germans to fail to save Serie A ass. Italians need to spend wisely, or sell clubs (Milan or Roma) to rich people if they want to stay in the competition. There is no more tradition in football, this is how it runs these days, if you want to be competitive.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
This mothns FFT had a great article about the rise and fall of serie A and how to save it.
Solutions:

Tactically adapt to do better in Europe - Juve doing it
Redistribute TV rights- Lega is doing it
Build better stadiums- Juventus doing it
Expand to different markets- Juve/ Espn doing it
Clean up clubs- juve are the cleanest club, whiter than white

Like it or not, from a business perspective Juve is doing everything the way it should be done.

Worrying about a 4th place is like believing that would be in any way acceptable for our club, if we finnished 4th i'd expect heads to role, they would at chelsea or man utd. We arent top 4, we're top 2.

With 4 serie a clubs in the CL, 3 of which have a good chance of getting past the group stages, one long shot, it's far too early to be frretting anyway, come back in february/march.

Germany has Bayern Wolfsburg and stutgart, one good chance one fair chance and one long shot. Genoa will do ok in the EL their style suits europe, the rest maybe not but Serie A is going from strenght to strentgh and i would be in no way surprised to see us and both milans in the last 16 and us and itner in the last 8 after that we're gone, almost certainly, but we will have staved of the germans for another year, we will get stronger and move forward, we'll be in the 10/11 final and there will be talk about how close we are to spain, not how close Germany are to us.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well I think different than both of you. If I was a Genoa or Fiorentina or Roma fan, I would agree. But we are one of the the top 3 teams in Serie A, if we don't make the top 3 then we simply don't deserve to play there, sure I would hate seeing that, but that's the reality. Look at the 4th teams of Serie A and how they are struggling in CL, they don't deserve to be in CL. If we don't qualify? then we don't deserve, what if we make 5th? or last? There is no Ifs and buts here, you want to qualify? then work hard and end up top 3, not a huge task for Juve.

I will not sit here and make drama out of this situation, Italians deserved it long time ago. I will not go and cheer for Italians team to secure my ass to stay in CL, I prefer my team securing the spot itself.

Oh, and think about it this way, when was the last time Juve didn't make the top 3 in the league (putting Serie B aside).

@ Sergio: You are exaggerating man, Italian league will not go down to that level (Portuguese league). First because of the financial support the teams have, and also the fans and the prestige of the big teams. As for Germans overtaking the Italians, German league is in rise, and Serie A is in fall, just recently Italians started to rise again, we can't hope Germans to fail to save Serie A ass. Italians need to spend wisely, or sell clubs (Milan or Roma) to rich people if they want to stay in the competition. There is no more tradition in football, this is how it runs these days, if you want to be competitive.

Snoop, as much as people want to make it about Juve, it isn't all about them. Its about the overall health of Serie A.

What concerns me about teams such as Milan and Fiorentina for example, is how they have used their recent Champions league appearances to "make or break" their financial security. If teams are that dependant on a single tournament for them to stay afloat as a solvent and relevant club, then there are far greater concerns at hand.

Milan doesn't qualify for the CL, they are forced to sell Kaka away and replace him with nobody. Fiorentina makes the CL this year, and basically state that now they can spend money.

To me, counting on a tournament to finance your team is financial suicide. This is what happened with Juve several years ago. They became so dependent on this money that they basically had to start all over again. From missing a tournament for a couple of seasons? Really? That was the sign of a team that got itself into a huge mess, much like you are seeing with Milan at the moment.

Its bad business, and the points that I made in my previous post are legitimate reasons why, in my opinion.

Now thankfully, Juve were forced to pull back the purse strings a little and operate more sensibly, much like the way they are doing it now. And that's great for them, and for us as their supporters. But unless there is a serious change in how things are done in Italy, its going to end up being Inter and Juve as the big fish in a little pond. I don't want to see that happen. I would like to see a league that is healthy, where any number of teams can realistically challenge for a title and for trophies, in Italy and in europe.

You may think I'm exaggerating, but I've seen signs like this before in other sports, and its a sobering sight.

Lega Calcio, being reactive instead of pro-active, have at least started to put the wheels in motion with the sharing of television revenue. People may not like it, and it might hurt in the short term, but overall it will be a benefit to the entire league. It is up to the owners of the smaller teams to take that money and re-invest in the clubs, and invest wisely. There should be a requirement for those teams to spend a percentage of said revenue on the team itslef, not just put it under a mattress and hope for the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)