Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) - Movies & TV - Juventuz Forums - Page 2
Page 2 of 1279 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCK View Post
    I have been planning to watch Brazil for quite some time now. I never was in the mood. What movie can it be compared to so I know in what mood I would start it?
    The nearest thing is probably Dr Strangelove, but Brazil is jauntier and sillier.
    DON'T PANIC

Cash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    There Will Be Blood - Daniel Day-lewis is just one my fav and the movie is great.

Superbad -

Drag Me To Hell - want to see this movie as my grandma made an apperance on it
    Look down on me, you will see a fool. Look up at me, you will see your Lord. Look straight at me, you will see yourself.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1403 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikhail View Post
    The nearest thing is probably Dr Strangelove, but Brazil is jauntier and sillier.
    I was expecting a comparison to Dr Strangelove and that's why I am waiting for the right moment to watch it. I want to like it, I know I will but at wrong moments I might not.

A Rebel Without Applause Ford Prefect's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenna
    Inglorious basterds was a good film. Good cinematography, good acting. It will probably win an Oscar. But do you really think this movie would have gotten half as good a reception if it didn't have Quinten Tarantino's name being dropped in every damn promo? Probably not. This obscure format of film is still not well received by audiences but the stigma that comes with QT's name is enough to make anything look good.
    Hostile for instance only had Quinten Tarantino as a producer. Yet the name was in bold letters in every promo.
    QT actually put me of it and most other films hes been associated with since KB lol. Its a hell'a'v'a'lott'a' better than his films since jackie brown, but i dont think he will ever top Resevoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction and he wont top Jackie Brown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salman Rushdie
    The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brooker
    It is shit, but sometimes its worth analysing shit to work out whats wrong with the medium as a whole

Ain't born to lose, baby The Curr's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    In Panic Room, is that thing she does when she hooks her mobile phone up to the phone line possible?

Cash
    Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Only in Panic Rooms.
    Booty so strong, it put me in a wheel chair. - Stephen Hawking

Cash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just saw Into the Wild, over-rated hippie drivel
    In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A Bronx Tale,Robert De Niro's first direction experience and very good film i must say,loved manner of telling, that was pure

Memento,seen it again and that was better this time, i understood some parts more clearly

..***..
    ITALIANS DO IT BETTER
    Ash nazg durbatulŻk, ash nazg gimbatul,
    Ash nazg thrakatulŻk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

..***in DEL PIERO we trust***..

Prediction Cup Winner 2009-2010

Cash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    ^^A Bronx Tale Robert De Niro reminds me of my father in this movie great movie indeed!!!
    Look down on me, you will see a fool. Look up at me, you will see your Lord. Look straight at me, you will see yourself.

Cash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    @Cigdem- both good films, a bronx tale is charming with some strong performances but Memento is a fantastic performance by Guy Pierce(is he really the same guy who looked like drywall in Neighbours?) and a film that definately needs to eb watched twice to fully comprehend
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    you're a vital source of aphorisms
    The Great Juventuz Love Story
    juve_baby-Bozi,marry me! you cook,i watch tv..***..
    Bozi-DEAL...though you will have to watch TV from the bedroom:eyebrows:
    juve_baby-deal is deal..***..

Cash
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HAZEM View Post
    ^^A Bronx Tale Robert De Niro reminds me of my father in this movie great movie indeed!!!
    Holy $#@! me too, I swear. Not just in this movie.
    ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO
    sono sempre al tuo fianco

Mr. I'm Always Right Franky4Fingers's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG DADDY!!!
    I hope your watching Once Upon A Time In The West in your 'Spaghetti Western Period", in my opinion its Sergio Leone's finest film.
    Well, actually, I have to agree with Tommy on this one. I rate The Good, The Bad And The Ugly as his best. But Once Upon A Time In The West is on my to-watch-list.

Cash
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    In my opionion Once Upon a Time in America is Leone's best, my favorite anyhow.
    ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    elvin, awesome avatar. you should check out my mad men thread. no one commented, even though 59 people enjoyed viewing it

http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27078
    I believe

Cash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnchair Bes View Post
    elvin, awesome avatar. you should check out my mad men thread. no one commented, even though 59 people enjoyed viewing it

I commented $#@!

What should i watch after my therapy shower?

HEAT or The Darjeeling ltd?
    In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Cash
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnchair Bes View Post

I was gonna open one (capitalized and everything ).
    ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO

Cash
    Mentioned
    1626 Post(s)
    This is the new movie thread?

Well saw Samurai Rebellion, 60s Samurai epic, its very very compelling masterpiece of cinema, seriously moving with its display humanistic integrity (standing up to tyrannic bureaucracy and hypocritical customs) , and tragic

After he just took out like 100 yellowbellied drones of tyranny (and no, not done in Rambo/Arnold style of bullits bouncing off you, but like a true maestro of the sword) NO ONE, can be compared to Toshiro Mifune, period. Ok, except his western counter part in Clint Eastwood

Also saw the Happening, I will just say, I dont have high standards at all for movies and can watch almost anything (especially love "mysterious" and intriguing depiction of the unknown like this type) aslong as it entertains me fleetingly, but WHATA$#@! WAS THIS??? So beeeeeeyond stupid and pointless I cant imagine why the $#@! it got the green light? M Night Shymalan should be truly and utterly DONE getting work from major studios now. I give it 1/5.
    "If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce." - Guccimus Mane La Flaritus

"Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

Cash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Feeling sappy might go watch 500days of summer. I love zooeyyy
    pavel nedved, david trezeguet and mauro camoranesi, you will be sorely missed.
    LíAvvocato always looked to the man rather than the player, so a champion was not just visible by his free kicks or dribbling skills
    6TH MAY 2012

El Enmascarado de Plata El Santo's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post

Also saw the Happening, I will just say, I dont have high standards at all for movies and can watch almost anything (especially love "mysterious" and intriguing depiction of the unknown like this type) aslong as it entertains me fleetingly, but WHATA$#@! WAS THIS??? So beeeeeeyond stupid and pointless I cant imagine why the $#@! it got the green light? M Night Shymalan should be truly and utterly DONE getting work from major studios now. I give it 1/5.
    I have feeling you didn't get the concept of the Movie? I think M Night, has a unique mind, I mean the imagination this guy has is incredible, But I do agree that he does need some help to interpret his ideas. The Happening was a good movie, not bad nor great.
    ďYou do not leave the pitch alive! Because on the field, you have to give everything.Ē - Paolo Montero

Lara Chedraoui fanboy Buck Fuddy's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta_Juventino View Post
    I have feeling you didn't get the concept of the Movie? I think M Night, has a unique mind, I mean the imagination this guy has is incredible, But I do agree that he does need some help to interpret his ideas. The Happening was a good movie, not bad nor great.
    Don't agree with that.
    The Happening was a good concept but as a movie it somewhat failed: shockinly bad acting, the ending that was slapped on and felt completely rushed (I have a feeling M Night had a basic idea for a cool & interesting movie, but had absolutely on how to finish it), ...

Anyway, watched some movies myself:

Robocop - Had watched it before when I was a kid but remembered nothing of it. Too flawed to be considered a great movie, but definitely some great ideas & scenes.

American Gangster - Decent movie but nothing more. I feel this one could (should?) have been a lot better. As always, Denzel was very watchable.
    "Religion: the perfect excuse for bad behavior."

Days spent in Turin : 73
    Games watched in the stadium : 24