[Peace Cup] JUVENTUS 3-0 Seongnam, July 28th 2009 (2 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Forza Juve!! Honestly, I watched the sevilla game and the criticizing on here was far too overboard. They played well I thought and canna had some great tackles and interceptions. Zebina was fantastic and our goals were great. IQ's finish was sublime and anyone who says amauri is anything less than great is an idiot. The guy can score any kinds of goals, he is a complete striker.

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
Cant wait to see them play again, Im looking forward for a better performance despite the result. Our defense needs to improve!

Any idea's about the formation?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Our defense is getting better. Zebina, chiellini and even canna played well. What more does everyone expect here, its preseason.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Maybe he is ready to play. Ciro wouldn't risk him but injuries are part of the game. We need to gel.

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
Our defense is getting better. Zebina, chiellini and even canna played well. What more does everyone expect here, its preseason.
True, the defense was ok, especially Zebina and Chiellini.
But even though Cannavaro showed some nice tackles, he still made a mistake that almost cost us a goal, If you remember Sevillia's attacker made Cannavaro easily go the other way with some skills and had the goal all clear, lucky us the ball went right by the post. Plus the header they scored on us was because our marking is a bit weak.

I know its pre-season, but then again thats when you start working to get ready.
Im just saying they should work on the defense.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
True, the defense was ok, especially Zebina and Chiellini.
But even though Cannavaro showed some nice tackles, he still made a mistake that almost cost us a goal, If you remember Sevillia's attacker made Cannavaro easily go the other way with some skills and had the goal all clear, lucky us the ball went right by the post. Plus the header they scored on us was because our marking is a bit weak.

I know its pre-season, but then again thats when you start working to get ready.
Im just saying they should work on the defense.
Chiellini made stupid fouls last season and really silly mistakes but no one here wants to put him down for it but since canna is now under the microscope of nearly everyone here his mistakes are going to be magnified. I don't think its fair.

Sure, we need to work on the defense, but its harder than it looks if we don't have a consistent left back for the other 3 to get used to. Zebina, canna and chiellini have played together before. Plus our midfield is getting acclomated to a new formation so their weaknesses will make our defense a little shaky. Marchisio and zanetti made stupid fouls that could have resulted in a goal but their mistakes seem to go unpunished or escape the harsh criticisms.

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
Chiellini made stupid fouls last season and really silly mistakes but no one here wants to put him down for it but since canna is now under the microscope of nearly everyone here his mistakes are going to be magnified. I don't think its fair.

Sure, we need to work on the defense, but its harder than it looks if we don't have a consistent left back for the other 3 to get used to. Zebina, canna and chiellini have played together before. Plus our midfield is getting acclomated to a new formation so their weaknesses will make our defense a little shaky. Marchisio and zanetti made stupid fouls that could have resulted in a goal but their mistakes seem to go unpunished or escape the harsh criticisms.
You're right, everybody makes mistakes, and i agree with almost everything you have said especially us needing a stronger left back since our defense + our crosses from the left wern't so great last year.

Eyes are on Cannavaro now because he is suppose to be the only solution to last years defensive problems until we get a stronger left back. Marchisio is still young and needs more experience, thats not to worry about. but Zanetti should know better, anyway the reason people don't criticize them much is because they don't expect more from them.

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
Sorry, can't multiquote from my phone. Yes I saw the game and I saw two CL teams battling it out. No reds, no blood it was a good game.
No problem, don't worry about it.
Definitely a good game, What i liked most was the winning spirit they showed in a friendly cup. Im guessing they'r ready to bite some a**es off!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You're right, everybody makes mistakes, and i agree with almost everything you have said especially us needing a stronger left back since our defense + our crosses from the left wern't so great last year.

Eyes are on Cannavaro now because he is suppose to be the only solution to last years defensive problems until we get a stronger left back. Marchisio is still young and needs more experience, thats not to worry about. but Zanetti should know better, anyway the reason people don't criticize them much is because they don't expect more from them.
Zebina was doing great crossing :touched:

Well, I am pleased with what I saw and how hard the team works for each other. I love that about this club.

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
Zebina was doing great crossing :touched:

Well, I am pleased with what I saw and how hard the team works for each other. I love that about this club.
:agree: I must give him credit for that and for the fantastic assist to Iaquinta but im still madly in love with De Ceglie's crosses!

The "over my dead body" attitude :tup: which reminds me of this:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)