Balotelli Admits Lack Of Marinara Sauce (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Balotelli: 'I could play for Ghana'
Friday 17 July, 2009

Mario Balotelli has launched a remarkable challenge to Marcello Lippi. “If he doesn’t pick me for Italy, I’ll go to the World Cup with Ghana.”
The 18-year-old quickly became a sensation with Inter and the Under-21 squad, but while teammate Davide Santon went to the Confederations Cup, he is yet to be given an Azzurri call.

“If I say what I really think, then we’re going to be in trouble. I want to talk it over with my parents, who are key figures for me,” he told the Corriere dello Sport.

Balotelli was born in Palermo to Ghanaian immigrant parents, but adopted by the Balotelli family in Brescia before he turned two.

He resisted offers to play for Ghana despite the fact he was not registered as an Italian citizen due to red tape until the age of 18.

“Yes, Ghana are behind this. For the moment I haven’t made any decision and, like everybody, I am awaiting Lippi’s call. If it doesn’t arrive, then I’ll have to give things some serious consideration.

“If I am rubbish, then it’s only right that I am not called. But if I do well this season…”

It is a very sudden turnaround for Balotelli, who reacted to racist chants by declaring himself “more Italian than any of those insulting me.”

“Effectively I’m not sure if I could even manage to wear the Ghana shirt, which is why it’s something I must consider very carefully.

“There is pride at stake too, as Italy is my country and it would be tough to change. I am a bit pessimistic by nature, but at the end of the day I’m convinced it will all be for the best.”

Meanwhile, SuperMario is looking ahead to the new season with Inter and specifically success in Europe.

“I am focused on the Champions League, but also to have a year like the last where we won a great deal. This Inter can beat everyone, even Real Madrid.”

When asked if he could be among the Galacticos at the Bernabeu, the teenager’s response was unusual.

“No, I won’t leave Inter. Besides, I don’t even like Real.”

Football Italia

:seven:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Oh Fuck off!! 'Italiano Farso'. You dont talk your way into the national team. You gotta actually try playing the sodding game and not be a sulky arrogant little twat.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Am so furious & I just can't let you drag Abedi in the same sentence with Balotelli. Ban the Turk.
:D :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)