Midfield situation (1 Viewer)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
It is always healthy to have world class players at your disposal but I'm afraid having too many players for the same position mostly wouldn't help much. At least that's the case in Football.

It creates lots of tension I'm afraid (Some of you now will say, competing for a spot is good for the team... IMO it's not, it brings nothing but headache to the squad, players and coach if you have several players for the same position)

Take a look at this

Tiago, Zanetti, Marchisio, Sissoko, Poulsen, Camoranesi, Melo, Salihamidzic and Almiron??. Keeping apart Giovinco because we don't know how he'll be used under Ferrara.

If Ferrara plans to use 3man midfield, this means 4 players will be left out. Selling two of them would be better than keeping them IMHO.

I would sell Tiago for sure.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    I'm actually surprised no media/press had anything to say concerning Poulsen's offers or his departure from Juve. I think he'll stay.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    One:
    Melo

Sissoko - Marchisio

Diego

Two:
    Tiago/Poulsen

Camo - Zanetti

Giovinco

I really want to see Tiago out, but the sad fact is the prick is unsellable at the moment

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    It is always healthy to have world class players at your disposal but I'm afraid having too many players for the same position mostly wouldn't help much. At least that's the case in Football.

It creates lots of tension I'm afraid (Some of you now will say, competing for a spot is good for the team... IMO it's not, it brings nothing but headache to the squad, players and coach if you have several players for the same position)

Take a look at this

Tiago, Zanetti, Marchisio, Sissoko, Poulsen, Camoranesi, Melo. Keeping apart Giovinco because we don't know how he'll be used under Ferrara.

If Ferrara plans to use 3man midfield, this means 4 players will be left out. Selling two of them would be better than keeping them IMHO.

I would sell Tiago for sure.
    :tup:
    Competing for a spot is only a good thing if every player has a fair & reasonable chance of getting one. With (at least) 7 players fighting for 3 spots that is definitely not the case.
    Ferrara might also consider Brazzo a midfielder, which would make a total of 8 (excluding Giovinco).
    At the very least one player should have to go, but I'm not sure this will happen.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    You might start to like the prick just like youve accustomed to secco ;). Someones gotta go.. but then who says melo's official yet :shifty: I like the idea of keeping poulson simply because if worse comes to worse he can play as a centre back as he has done before. Whats the chances of zanetti spending quite a lot part of the season niggling with injuries again, though same may be said of camo for me personally his indispensible (yet). Giovinco well he aint going anywhere. Obvious choices to the norm would be Tiago and Poulson, they wanna stay so i reckon theres nothing worse than trying to force a player out only for him to end up staying at the club (because noone wants him or the contrary) throughout the season sulking. Were paying wages for sulks.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    We should take Tiago to Spain for the Peace Cup and then well, you know, just uh, leave him there...get him really shit faced on mojitos and tequila, and run away when he passes out on his own vomit

Maki Roll

May 22, 2009

5 Players for a 3man midfield are just to little. If we wanna step up with Inter, it is necessary to have good broadness of players. But i have no Idea who i would prefer to sell. Tiago and Poulsen flopped both, but i have the feeling, Poulsen is more ambitious and has the will to prove himself to the Coach, as opposed to Tiago.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
    Nov 25, 2006
    Tiago Vs Poulsen, we'll keep one of the two.

Tiago said Serie A is too tactical for him
    while Poulsen is determined to stay to prove his worth.

It's easy to choose.
    You might start to like the prick just like youve accustomed to secco ;). Someones gotta go.. but then who says melo's official yet :shifty: I like the idea of keeping poulson simply because if worse comes to worse he can play as a centre back as he has done before. Whats the chances of zanetti spending quite a lot part of the season niggling with injuries again, though same may be said of camo for me personally his indispensible (yet). Giovinco well he aint going anywhere. Obvious choices to the norm would be Tiago and Poulson, they wanna stay so i reckon theres nothing worse than trying to force a player out only for him to end up staying at the club (because noone wants him or the contrary) throughout the season sulking. Were paying wages for sulks.
    We should take Tiago to Spain for the Peace Cup and then well, you know, just uh, leave him there...get him really shit faced on mojitos and tequila, and run away when he passes out on his own vomit
    5 Players for a 3man midfield are just to little. If we wanna step up with Inter, it is necessary to have good broadness of players. But i have no Idea who i would prefer to sell. Tiago and Poulsen flopped both, but i have the feeling, Poulsen is more ambitious and has the will to prove himself to the Coach, as opposed to Tiago.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

C4

Juve are about to secure Felipe Melo’s signature from Fiorentina for £21m, including Marco Marchionni.

However, this does not mean that Tiago Mendes will be sold after two disappointing campaigns in Turin.

“I don’t know how to end these rumours once and for all. Tiago is a player we consider to be off the market, despite some offers we have received.

“We really believe in him, especially with the three-man midfield that [Coach Ciro] Ferrara has in mind.”
    does that answer u boys speculations? those are the words of secco

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
    Camoranesi - Sissoko - Melo
    - Diego -

Subs: Zanneti & Tiago

IMO Tiago played better than Poulsen, had 1 or 2 creative plays, but then again Poulsen can improve the coming season.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    When you have 8 players including Brazzo for 3 positions in a 3-men-midfield is not healthy at all.

Sissoko - Melo - Marchisio --- When fit these are the 3 players that most probably are going to start.

Camoranesi - Zanetti - Poulsen --- These are the 3 most effective players on the bench for the midfield.

Then there are Brazzo and Tiago --- Brazzo is very flexible in the positions he can play which make him even more important than the portuguese. Tiago had already been 2 seasons with us, and yet he has to prove himself with the black & white jersey.

It is the most obvious and reasonable choice that the player who has to go is Tiago. Too bad Secco had already made up his mind about keeping him in the squad. :frown:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)