Copa Libertadores Final (1 Viewer)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I hate streams. Don't know how you guys stand watching games in these things. I'm watching it on tv.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I've always wanted to know. What channels broadcast what competitions there in the UK and Ireland? I mean can you specify which channel broadcasts the CL, if its free or not, etc.

OP
The Curr

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
  • Thread Starter #5
    I've always wanted to know. What channels broadcast what competitions there in the UK and Ireland? I mean can you specify which channel broadcasts the CL, if its free or not, etc.
    Sure.

Of the Irish channels, RTE (the state broadcaster) used to have 1 EPL game per week, now it has 0. It has half-hearted coverage of League of Ireland matches and good cover of almost all CL matches. RTE is free.

Sky Sports (English, not free) have almost all CL, a lot of EPL (Probably at least 2 matches per week), and decent coverage of La Liga.

Setanta (not free) used to have quite a few EPL games and some CL games (I've never had Setanta so I'm not sure of the details). I think they've just gone out of business though.

Bravo (English, not free), Eurosport UK, and Channel 4 all used to have Serie A at various periods.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Wow thats bad man. I might be moving to the UK in the near future. This doesn't sound good.

Our free sports channels(various channels) broadcast the Ligue, the Argentine league, the Brazilian league, the Copa Libertadores, the Dutch league, the UEFA cup and the German league.

Al Jazeera sport, which is not free, but is very cheap. 24 Euro's a year. Broadcasts the CL, the Liga and the Serie A.

The only league that is hard to get coverage for is the EPL. It's with Showtime Sport. 240 Euro's a year.

But all in all, we get very extensive football coverage in this part of the world.

OP
    The Curr

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
  • Thread Starter #7
    Wow thats bad man. I might be moving to the UK in the near future. This doesn't sound good.

Our free sports channels(various channels) broadcast the Ligue, the Argentine league, the Brazilian league, the Copa Libertadores, the Dutch league, the UEFA cup and the German league.

Al Jazeera sport, which is not free, but is very cheap. 24 Euro's a year. Broadcasts the CL, the Liga and the Serie A.

The only league that is hard to get coverage for is the EPL. It's with Showtime Sport. 240 Euro's a year.

But all in all, we get very extensive football coverage in this part of the world.

I didn't mention the UEFA Cup but there is an Irish station called Tv3 that shows that.

The English stations that I have mentioned are only the ones that we get in Ireland (not all of them). I don't know for sure about the others but they do show a bit, not as much as what you get at the moment though.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    UEFA cup is rather important. By the looks of it, we could be competing in that tourney anytime soon :D

OP
    The Curr

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
  • Thread Starter #9
    UEFA cup is rather important. By the looks of it, we could be competing in that tourney anytime soon :D
    :D Don't worry, they will definitely show English teams' matches in the UEFA Cup.

This season, no Irish station is showing the Irish teams in Europe though. :rolleyes:

OP
    The Curr

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
  • Thread Starter #10
    This has gone pretty drastically off topic!

Any predictions of the Libertadores final?

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    @ Fred- Channel 5 shows late night re-run games from Argentina(or at least they used to) but at 3am
    channel 4 and bravo have all done serie a but there seems to be little demand for calcio here now and has been completely dropped

setanta used to show teh french,dutch,german,scottish and english divisions and has UEFA cup package but they just went bust so am guessing all went out to tenure again so possibility ESPN (who are bidding for most of what setanta dropped) could ahve a dedicated sports channel for football

all i care is that i hope serie a gets picked up again

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Thats pretty tough. I had to rely on streams to watch the EPL the first two months of the season. Pretty tough experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)