Giuseppe Rossi (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I hope not, the mods need to stay on top of it. :)

Even though I doubt a swap with Trez would really happen, I still think we should make a play for him and pay whatever we can to get him.

this is where I disagree with you. As much as I would love to have Rossi here, I would not do it unless Trez or Iaquinta was part of the deal. There would simply be a surplus of forwards.

There would be no need for 5 forwards of that caliber on this team

OP
Vinny Del Pogba
Jul 10, 2006
  • Thread Starter #8
    this is where I disagree with you. As much as I would love to have Rossi here, I would not do it unless Trez or Iaquinta was part of the deal. There would simply be a surplus of forwards.

There would be no need for 5 forwards of that caliber on this team
    I'm just assuming that Trez is gone, no matter what. If it is not in a swap deal, I would think we would sell him and use that cash in the Rossi deal.

If we don't get Rossi because we don't try I think we will regret it in the long run.

Mar 30, 2006
    I would swap him with Trez. From an objective point of view it is a smart move. More use for a 22 year old who plays in Del Piero's position than a CF in his 30s when we have 2 other good CFs.

I don't want Juve to be a team that clings to players based on the past while failing to sign players who can build the future. Moggi understood when it was the right time to let stars go .. or else you become Milan

OP
    Vinny Del Pogba
    Jul 10, 2006
  • Thread Starter #11
    I would swap him with Trez. From an objective point of view it is a smart move. More use for a 22 year old who plays in Del Piero's position than a CF in his 30s when we have 2 other good CFs.

I don't want Juve to be a team that clings to players based on the past while failing to sign players who can build the future. Moggi understood when it was the right time to let stars go .. or else you become Milan
    I completely agree.

The old saying goes "strike while the iron is hot."

The iron is damn near melting when it comes to Rossi. :agree:

OP
    Vinny Del Pogba
    Jul 10, 2006
  • Thread Starter #13
    I have no idea what Rossi makes now, though I did read an article which said he was making 200,000 pounds a week at United before he was sold to The Yellow Submarines. I have no idea how accurate that is, it seems a bit high to me considering how young he was at the time.

May 22, 2007
    I have no idea what Rossi makes now, though I did read an article which said he was making 200,000 pounds a week at United before he was sold to The Yellow Submarines. I have no idea how accurate that is, it seems a bit high to me considering how young he was at the time.
    No way can that be right, he would have probably been their highest paid player at the time. :D

OP
    Vinny Del Pogba
    Jul 10, 2006
  • Thread Starter #15
    No way can that be right, he would have probably been their highest paid player at the time. :D
    I got it from this site, which I've never heard of. The article is from October 2007. You are probably right, seems way too high, especially considering he wasn't part of the first team plans at the time.

http://soccerlens.com/giuseppe-rossi-profile/3494/

Giuseppe Rossi was born in 1987 in Teaneck, New Jersey from Italian immigrants. When offered a spot on the youth team of Parma, Rossi and his family moved to Italy until Manchester United bought him in the Summer of 2004, while he was still 17. Earning a weekly salary of £200,000, Rossi enjoyed prolific form in the Youth and Reserve teams but had limited chances with the senior side, although he always impressed whenever he made an appearance in cup games.

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
    Nov 25, 2005
    i love trezgol but he needs to go ... its time to part ways we love him and he loves us just like nedved did and Rossi needs to come Rossi has everything it takes to be the heir to del throne givoncio is very good but rossi is the one.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Try 200k per year, rather than per week.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)