The Official MMA Thread (15 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i figured we needed a thread dedicated to the greatness of MMA. Not just UFC but any and all leagues like WEC, Affliction, Strikeforce, and my personal favorite DREAM

UFC 99 was last night from Germany and it was a good filler for UFC 100. The best fight was Saunders-Swick. Saunders appeared to be at least 20lbs bigger than Texas native Swick yet Saunders received a beating for the ages. I think it was a catch weight bout but i could be wrong.

The main event did not disappoint either. I'm glad Franklin (who is clearly the better fighter even going into the fight) won unanimously.

On a side note-- Kongo needs to be kicked out of the UFC, no ground game will end his career in a flash. He is not as electric like Liddell or Cro Cop where his stand-up game can carry him through a lasting career.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Jason "Mayhem" Miller is my boy.

And my cousin is set to go against John Howard at UFC 101: Declaration on August 8th in Philly.

OP
.zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #6
    wow! i haven't seen any of his fights but i just checked his stats on sherdog. your cousin is very impressive especially in a division with the likes of GSP and all :tup:

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #7
    i still love this fight where machida knocks out rich franklin

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #9
    wrong thread, i think that goes in the arab reload thread or whatever its called

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #10
    UFC 100

this is gonna be soo sick

http://100.ufc.com/

Official fight card

Main card

* Heavyweight Championship bout: Flag of the United States Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Flag of the United States Interim Champion Frank Mir
    * Welterweight Championship bout: Flag of Canada Georges St-Pierre vs. Flag of Brazil Thiago Alves

* Welterweight bout: Flag of the United States Jon Fitch vs. Flag of Brazil Paulo Thiago
    * Middleweight bout: Flag of the United States Dan Henderson vs. Flag of the United Kingdom Michael Bisping
    * Middleweight bout: Flag of Japan Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Flag of the United States Alan Belcher

Preliminary card

* Light Heavyweight bout: Flag of the United States Mark Coleman vs. Flag of the United States Stephan Bonnar
    * Lightweight bout: Flag of the United States Mac Danzig vs. Flag of the United States Jim Miller
    * Light Heavyweight bout: Flag of the United States Jon Jones vs. Flag of the United States Jake O'Brien
    * Welterweight bout: Flag of South Korea Dong Hyun Kim vs. TBA
    * Middleweight bout: Flag of the United States C.B. Dollaway vs. Flag of the United States Tom Lawlor
    * Lightweight bout: Flag of the United States Matt Grice vs. Flag of the United States Shannon Gugerty

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #11
    Fedor: Barnett is "Dangerous"

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

by Loretta Hunt ([email protected])

Even under his restrained façade, Fedor Emelianenko can’t hide the acknowledgment that one of his biggest career challenges lies directly ahead.

Emelianenko finally meets Josh Barnett in the main event at Affliction “Trilogy” on Aug. 1 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.

The bout, which has been requested by fans since both fighters rose to divisional prominence in Pride Fighting Championships a couple of years ago, pairs Sherdog.com’s No. 1 and No. 2 world-ranked heavyweights against one another in a five-round contest. It will also be Emelianenko’s sixth test against a former UFC champion, and one he says he won’t take lightly.

"The thing about Josh is that even though he may not be as well technically in certain areas, he really makes up for it with his strengths and with his patience and with his abilities," Emelianenko told Sherdog.com News Editor Loretta Hunt in an exclusive video interview. "The fact is he’s definitely up there as one of the most dangerous fighters I’ve ever been in the ring with."

sherdog.com
    in my honest opinion Fedor is probably the best fighter in the world in any fighting league. Affliction pays him too much to leave for the UFC and rightfully so.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Just talked to my cousin a few hrs ago. He's in Bangkok right now training for a few days before he heads to Cambodia for a little vacay and he's going to train at Paddy Carson's gym in Phnom Penh. When I was talking to him he said he was sitting right across from Hiroya. A 17 year old who is supposedly one of the best in the world already.

Man I wish I could be experiencing half the shit he is.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

in my honest opinion Fedor is probably the best fighter in the world in any fighting league. Affliction pays him too much to leave for the UFC and rightfully so.
    Fedor will eat him alive.

Il Re

-- 10 --
    Jan 13, 2005
    great thread, i've been doing mma for a month and i'm loving it, my trainer trained a guy who was on ufc usa vs uk, i like fedor, top fighter, also like the retired chuck liddell's style of fighting, more striking than grappling

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

i didn't know you follow MMA, vlatko?

good stuff
    I don't really, only Cro Cop fights because we get those on TV. Though rarely when I catch it on some satellite or internetz, I always watch it and find it a lot more interesting than boxing(which has gone to shit).

My favourite was Wanderlei Silva. He was an animal, though he's lost it nowadays, much like Cro Cop.

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #18
    I don't really, only Cro Cop fights because we get those on TV. Though rarely when I catch it on some satellite or internetz, I always watch it and find it a lot more interesting than boxing(which has gone to shit).

My favourite was Wanderlei Silva. He was an animal, though he's lost it nowadays, much like Cro Cop.
    cro cop should return to DREAM where he can thrive there and receive better $$$

the UFC is an unforgiving league and doesn't support one dimensional fighters. that can be construed as a good thing and a bad thing.

one thing for sure is that mirko is still in amazing shape and still looks as intimidating as ever.

OP
    .zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #19
    DREAM.10: Welterweight GP Final
    July 20, 2009
    Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan

FIGHT CARD:

* Hayato "Mach" Sakurai vs. Marius Zaromskis (WW GP)
    * Jason High vs. Andre Galvao (WW GP)
    * Shinya Aoki vs. Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro
    * Melvin Manhoef vs. Paulo Filho
    * Katsunori Kikuno vs. Andre "Dida" Amade

View attachment 38612

this is gonna be madness once again. tahir, do you remember that fighter i was telling you about that can submit anyone in any position? well you'll get to see shinya aoki fight on july 20

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)