Would You Be Happy If Our League Rivals Sold Their Best Players To Foreign Leagues? (1 Viewer)

Would You Be Happy If Our League Rivals Sold Their Best Players To Foreign Leagues?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Beating the best to be the best is what competition is all about... I don't want us to win a watered down league...

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4
    And before anyone brings it up,we're not talking about supporting one of your league rivals in a continential competition.

This is just about their big name players and whether they sell or keep them.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    That's a silly question, no one would be happy.

But in the situation at hand, Kaka and Zlatan namely, it won't hurt the league. On the contrary, it will freshen it up because two players leave will leave room for more players to come.

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #10
    Two of the best players in the world are leaving.There is no guarantee that the new players will be of the same status.Looking strictly from the league's perspective,Zlatan and Kaka could leave.The first big Serie A signing of the summer is Diego and he isnt really as big as the two who would leave.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

I hate our leauge rivals. I hate them being strong, I want to see them weak, so yeah, I'd be happy.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    no. Inter can be satisfied by winning only because their rivals are weakened, but it's much more satisfying to win by becoming better than the other teams because you're damn good, not because they got shafted

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Two of the best players in the world are leaving.There is no guarantee that the new players will be of the same status.Looking strictly from the league's perspective,Zlatan and Kaka could leave.The first big Serie A signing of the summer is Diego and he isnt really as big as the two who would leave.
    If Zlatan leaves, Drogba or Eto'o will come. So will Carvalho and some midfielder maybe Deco.

If Kaka leaves, expect Essien and a bunch of other players.

I can guarantee you that if these two leave the league, more players of the same caliber will arrive.

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #19
    Martin i think this argument is slightly different to what we were saying back in the day:D

That was the 'would you want an Italian team other than Juventus to win the CL' thing.It came down to having a more glamorous trophy case.Which obviously was linked to teh strength of the league and its ability to attract bigger names.

Though i have to say,the respones here do shock me too:D

David01

Aug 20, 2006
    don't really care if they lose their star players
    they will have others in their place anyway, I only want Juve to do better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)