Sports Injuries (1 Viewer)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
This thread is to discuss any sports-related injuries you have/ have had. You can share your experiences with others and receive/ give advice.

The reason I opened this thread is because of my own "injury." Last Saturday, I was doing some mixed martial arts sparring with some friends. I gave and received my share of blows and by the end of the night my shin was screwed from all the blocking and clashing with the other shins. I could barely walk after from the pain and it was seriously swollen. The next morning the pain subsided a bit but the swelling increased. I just let it be for a few days and thought it would go away. By Thursday the swelling and pain was almost completely gone but I was feeling some soft tissue(?) on my shin where normally it's just bone. And when I pressed into it, it sank in and stayed for a little while. I saw the doctor and he gave my anti-biotics. He also suggested I get an x-ray becaue of the possibilty of a hairline fracture although unlikely, but I decided to wait a while again because I doubted it was fractured and x-rays are expensive.

So the weekend is over and the pain is completely gone and I haven't done an x-ray, but i'm sure I would feel if it was fractured. But the "tissue" is there and hasn't really one down much and that is what's worrying me.

I'm hoping that someone here knows something about this and can give me some advice.

I'm out for now and i'll check back in the morning, so I'm hoping for some useful responses as i know that you can always count JuveNutz for that :D

Thanks, later.:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
me myself not much, just pulled the groin a few times.

other than that just ached and pains from my left foot every now and again.
(born with club feet):p

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The Osgood-Schlatter disease ruined my football carrier...
Try strengthening your hamstrings. Chances are it'll go away instantly.

I have had patellar tendinosis (it hurts like a bitch and it took me three years to get completely rid of it) and I have ruptured an ankle ligament. Because of my weak ankle I have also developed ITBS (illiotibial friction syndrome) in my left knee, but as soon as I realised it was because of the ankle I did some exercises and it healed. To make the list complete I've had two muscle tears, in my left and in my right quadriceps.

It's a lot I suppose, but I recover quickly and I continued to play with most of those injuries.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Groin Injury once playing football, they take forever to get over!
Twisted ankle football, the most pain I've felt.
knee injury 10 years ago playing basketball. Knee still pops till today.

Mar 24, 2006
i'm suffering a minor dislocated joint on my left foot , been suffering from this annoying thing since last Friday . i just feel so lucky because the injury doesn't seem that bad like what i thought after twisting my legs .
shite , i shouldn't play soccer at the time :sigh:

Get well soon all and me .

nasser

Dec 12, 2005
I missed up my right knee when i was 19, running at full speed trying to catch the striker in a horrible grass field oh man that was painful

Boksic

May 11, 2005
The Osgood-Schlatter disease ruined my football carrier...
I used to have that, I thought that you grow out of it!?

I've mainly just had torn hamstrings (about 3 or 4 times) and broke my metatarsal playing football.

About 3 weeks ago, I went for a slide tackle and hurt my knee on my non-sliding leg. Still really sore today, it is not bruised or heavily swollen, I can walk ok but cannot run on it. Does anybody know what this may be? Someone said maybe torn the cartlidge? I think I need a trip to the physio.

OP
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #15
    Yeah, my forth toe on my left foot never healed properly and can't bend.

Anyway, so nobody familiar with my situation... Sigh, I hope I don't have to get my leg amputated.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I used to have that, I thought that you grow out of it!?

I've mainly just had torn hamstrings (about 3 or 4 times) and broke my metatarsal playing football.

About 3 weeks ago, I went for a slide tackle and hurt my knee on my non-sliding leg. Still really sore today, it is not bruised or heavily swollen, I can walk ok but cannot run on it. Does anybody know what this may be? Someone said maybe torn the cartlidge? I think I need a trip to the physio.
    You do if it's really Osgood Schlatter. In a lot cases it is something else: patellar tendinosis or patellafemoral pain syndrome or anything of the sort.

If you can't run after three weeks, you should really seek medical help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)