IIHF World Championship in Switzerland (1 Viewer)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
The NHL thread shows that there are some hockey fans in juventuz and i've seen many people here from countries who participate in hockey WC. As for me, the game of the tournament so far was played yesterday, when Latvia earned two points against the fancy swedes, though, i feel bad for the guy who got his jaw broken in pieces yesterday. So are there any members who watches this tournament?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I've been following the score online because it's not televised here. I might try to stream it if possible.

I hope you guys enjoyed the victory, it might a few decades before you get a freebie like this again :D

OP

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
  • Thread Starter #4
    I've been following the score online because it's not televised here. I might try to stream it if possible.

I hope you guys enjoyed the victory, it might a few decades before you get a freebie like this again :D
    Well we enjoyed it indeed, can`t remember last time when such many people went to swedish embassy to put down flowers and sing latvian anthem :cool:
    Of course our max right now seems 1/4finals, and that will need such performances as yesterday against Germany and Swiss (the only ones who have chance to have better support from the stands :spliff: ) and firstly Austria in the last group match, but who knows, whole country is supporting our guys. Swedes may get a revanche this year if everything goes fantastic for us.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    All the good players are still in the NHL playoffs. The US team is pretty much garbage players from the Kings and Islanders.

OP

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
  • Thread Starter #10
    So Latvia goes in the next round after tough victory against Austria, their goalie was a lion today. Good match coming later in the evening, USA against Sweden, if everything goas well for USA, than we will finish second in our group, higher than swedes. :lol: And great that there is Russia in the next round to meet, no matter tommorow or later, that should be something :xfinger:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    We won :weee: Converted a 2-5 deficit to a 6-5 win in sudden death.

On a side note, that Martins Karsums guy needs to be suspended. He made yet another brutal attack on a player.

OP

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
  • Thread Starter #12
    We won :weee: Converted a 2-5 deficit to a 6-5 win in sudden death.

On a side note, that Martins Karsums guy needs to be suspended. He made yet another brutal attack on a player.
    well i don't consider his power play brutal. the swedish guy knew that he is at the back, but still choosed to go into the broadside (that's the right word?) with knees bended and wanted to do a cheeky move, but it didn't work out. If he would have normally played in that situation, he never would've gotten anything serious. As for the austrian, there were really no 5 min foul with sending off till the end of game - he avioded austrians move and pushed the opponent, as the austrian guy was the one who wanted to push Martins into the broadside. It may look bad in replays, but if you can catch the whole episode not just the end, you will see, that Karsums didn't try to hurt him. But whatever, he is allowed to play in second round. :tup:

OP

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
  • Thread Starter #16
    hah, screw you swiss, you ain't got no chance against Masalskis! now there is france to beat (won't be easy, but 3 points is a must in such situation), and we pretty safely can say that latvia is in the quarters :spliff: the group looks extremely interesting, if we don't fail, one of swiss/sweden or even usa may stay out. :xfinger:

OP

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
  • Thread Starter #19
    great game against france, 7:1, destroyed them completely. much more will be needed against russia, hopefully we'll be able to do some damage there. 4 wins in a row for Latvia! :juventus: Dievs svētī Latviju! :agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)