[SERIE A] F.C. Genoa 3-2 JUVENTUS (April 11th 2009) (1 Viewer)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Thanks for putting the thread up Jack... Can't wait to see Juve beat Genoa and end the nightmare which started last saturday... Its too late for us to win anything, but a victory would feel really good right now..

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    I think it will be a hard defeat to be honest.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    That's it actually, there is absolutely nothing left to play for and third place is exactly like second in terms of Champions League as both positions qualify without going to the preliminary stages.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10
    That's what we fans want, I hardly doubt the players care much about that.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I don't know what to expect from this one.
    Winning this won't mean too much. We won't win the scudetto and we'll 99.9% be 2nd or 3rd (which makes little difference, as Jack said).

On the other hand, Genoa is a friendly club. Their coach is a Juve product and a decade long coach of the Juve youth teams. Many of their players are either on loan from Juve there, co-owned between us and Genoa, or sold to them from Juve (Criscito, Palladino, Olivera, Sculli, Paro). Genoa are 4th and fighting to secure CL football and they desperately need these 3 pts.
    I fear that we might do them a favor here and we won't push too much, which will make their job easier (ok, we don't want a new Calciopoli, but maybe we can let them win in return for 6pts next year?).
    But this is also tricky because if Genoa beat us then they will be only 6pts behind us.

If we forget the friendship and good relations, if we didn't lose motivation and if we give 100% to win, then we can do it, of course. Milito is injured and he's almost certainly out. That will make the job of our defenders much easier.

But can we forget Chievo and will we ignore the friendly relations between us and Genoa....that i don't know.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Playing youngsters wouldn't help and wouldn't be wise. We have nothing to loose now that we lost it last week. Play our best formation and think of the best solution for next year.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    a clean sheet would do very nicely...I get the feeling Gigi isn't feeling too good these days, even before the Chievo game

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    It's too soon to give up and we must go all out to win.

This is one last chance to hope we can close the gap on Inter before we play them (unlikely, but we have to try).

If we don't close the gap, then the title is, of course, over and we can start doing other teams favours and playing some youngsters.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    It's too soon to give up and we must go all out to win.

This is one last chance to hope we can close the gap on Inter before we play them (unlikely, but we have to try).

If we don't close the gap, then the title is, of course, over and we can start doing other teams favours and playing some youngsters.
    :tup: 100%

Good thing we playing 20:30 btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)