The NBA Thread - Other sports - Juventuz Forums - Page 292
Page 292 of 338 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,840 of 6760

Thread: The NBA Thread

  1. #5821
    Koul Khara! Osman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Uppsala
    Posts
    47,205
    Cash
    76,370
    Mentioned
    1835 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALC View Post
    Move over James and Jordan. There’s a new goat in town and he’s from the land down under.
    "If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce." - Guccimus Mane La Flaritus


    "Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

  2. #5822
    Ohaulick ALC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    39,125
    Cash
    37,226
    Mentioned
    1357 Post(s)
    Very clever, $#@!heads.

  3. #5823
    Tickle Me Enron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    67,581
    Cash
    50,931
    Mentioned
    1725 Post(s)
    Call us when your boy develops a shot past 12 feet.

  4. #5824
    Koul Khara! Osman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Uppsala
    Posts
    47,205
    Cash
    76,370
    Mentioned
    1835 Post(s)
    Ignore the clickbaity clip title, just watch the play, youngest player on the pitch but he sons everybody like its a little league game lol






    Cant wait to see this kid in playoffs, just to see his massive development potential in high stakes moments. Havent seem him alot, but when I seen him, he seems so ice cold and in control at all times, you never see him rattled.
    "If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce." - Guccimus Mane La Flaritus


    "Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

  5. #5825
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37,891
    Cash
    1,369,444
    Mentioned
    2113 Post(s)
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sell H16UAIN!!!

  6. #5826
    Koul Khara! Osman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Uppsala
    Posts
    47,205
    Cash
    76,370
    Mentioned
    1835 Post(s)
    I thought you were posting old clip of Brandon's father NBA days before watching lol. But this is way more legendary $#@!, he might as well retire now? Amazing quick release on his ugly looking shots.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    "If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce." - Guccimus Mane La Flaritus


    "Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

  7. #5827
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37,891
    Cash
    1,369,444
    Mentioned
    2113 Post(s)

    @Fr3sh

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    I thought you were posting old clip of Brandon's father NBA days before watching lol. But this is way more legendary $#@!, he might as well retire now? Amazing quick release on his ugly looking shots.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    retire? bro, hes clutch as $#@!, we need him for the playoffs next year
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sell H16UAIN!!!

  8. #5828
    Ohaulick ALC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    39,125
    Cash
    37,226
    Mentioned
    1357 Post(s)
    15 wins in a row, franchise record, Embiid not playing half of the those games, the most players in the league with +1000 points. Weíre beining the championship home.

  9. #5829
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37,891
    Cash
    1,369,444
    Mentioned
    2113 Post(s)
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sell H16UAIN!!!

  10. #5830
    Juventuz champion Ronn's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    5,642
    Cash
    13,082
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    And of course Spurs lost last night and will face Warriors in the first round.
    $#@!tiest day sportswise for me in a long long time.

  11. #5831
    The D.I.L.F CR 7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Somewhere in Greece, leading a search party in sea caves for Cronios
    Posts
    28,256
    Cash
    23,862
    Mentioned
    612 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post
    Re$#@! to the 76ers for 1 y/ 23 million.

    Hell, the East is so bad, that these guys could end up being a 3 seed.




    Before you laugh, who has more talent on the 76ers in the east aside from the Cavs and Celtics?
    @ALC

    This is from July 1st.

    Took me 2 days to find it.

    I spoke it into existence

    On to the finals
    April 28th, 2016. The day my world changed forever

    The Artist formerly known as "King of Kings"

  12. #5832
    Ohaulick ALC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    39,125
    Cash
    37,226
    Mentioned
    1357 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post
    @ALC

    This is from July 1st.

    Took me 2 days to find it.

    I spoke it into existence

    On to the finals
    Iím so glad youíre a believer of the process

    Also, I was going through some of the posts from July and itís hilarious how we were getting in each otherís throats

  13. #5833
    The D.I.L.F CR 7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Somewhere in Greece, leading a search party in sea caves for Cronios
    Posts
    28,256
    Cash
    23,862
    Mentioned
    612 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALC View Post
    I’m so glad you’re a believer of the process

    Also, I was going through some of the posts from July and it’s hilarious how we were getting in each other’s throats
    I don't believe in the process, per se, because their draft record aside from Embiid and Simmons, in respect to where they were drafting all of these years, is not very good. The jury is still out on Fultz, obviously.

    But what I do believe in is the collection of talent that the team has put together. Hence, my prediction in July, and my prediction a couple of weeks ago. They've made some good trades, but I still think that if they had done a better job of drafting during those lean years, then they wouldn't have had to make them.

    But, when all is sifted through, and you get 2 potential home grown superstars, you can't knock the hustle.


    And yes, you were a bit of a $#@! in July
    April 28th, 2016. The day my world changed forever

    The Artist formerly known as "King of Kings"

  14. #5834
    Ohaulick ALC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    39,125
    Cash
    37,226
    Mentioned
    1357 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post
    I don't believe in the process, per se, because their draft record aside from Embiid and Simmons, in respect to where they were drafting all of these years, is not very good. The jury is still out on Fultz, obviously.

    But what I do believe in is the collection of talent that the team has put together. Hence, my prediction in July, and my prediction a couple of weeks ago. They've made some good trades, but I still think that if they had done a better job of drafting during those lean years, then they wouldn't have had to make them.

    But, when all is sifted through, and you get 2 potential home grown superstars, you can't knock the hustle.


    And yes, you were a bit of a $#@! in July
    Agreed, there were some bad drafts that fell through but the whole point of the process was to get as many draft picks as possible and eventually some players would work out. We still have so many good picks leftover in the future drafts that itís insane. If a player wasnít going to work out, theyíd get traded. I remember reading something about Hinkie joking how if they kept track of the most picks a team had, the Sixers would have shattered that number.

    https://94feetreport.com/evaluating-the-state-of-the-process-28e64456ebce

    And it mightíve been the warmer weather

  15. #5835
    The D.I.L.F CR 7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Somewhere in Greece, leading a search party in sea caves for Cronios
    Posts
    28,256
    Cash
    23,862
    Mentioned
    612 Post(s)
    Well, @zizinho @Salvo @Post Ironic


    The Lakers year in review.

    In the beginning of the summer, I had predicted 35 wins for this team, and the potential to see some growth with the young guys.

    I think that we can safely say mission accomplished on both fronts.

    If Philadelphia is widely recognized as having the best young collection of 23 and under talent, then I defy anyone to come up with a better core of young guys after them than what the Lakers have.

    Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Randle.

    The irony in all of this is in spite of the 35 win prediction, this team could have won 5-7 more games if not for injuries and being allergic to hitting free throws.

    The summer plans for the following:


    Lonzo Ball- Gain muscle mass. At least 15 pounds this season. Whatever BI did last summer, you need to do the same. We can't have you driving the lane and then dishing out all the time because of a lack of strength. Take it to the hole, bitch. And while you are at it, work on that midgame and learn how to finish.

    And free throws. Seriously, what the $#@!. You're a guard.

    Your passing , rebounding, defense, IQ, and floor vision are wonderful. Keep that as it is.

    Brandon Ingram- Gain another 15 lbs of muscle. If you do that, and we see another 40% growth in all of your numbers, you are all star level. 21 ppg, 9 rpg, 7 apg.

    Julius Randle- Assuming that we re-sign you (and god I hope that we do). You have a right hand you know. Learn to use it.

    Josh Hart- Be more consistent on your mid range. You are surprisingly good from deep, and you drive the lane like a mother $#@!er.

    Kyle Kuzma- Increase your defensive awareness. Aside from that, the only other thing that I can suggest is don't get arrested for anything stupid this summer.

    As far as the rest of the roster, I wouldn't mind seeing Lopez and KCP come back on friendly deals. If not, then we'll find other pieces.

    Now for the big fishes in free agency.

    Lebron- Nope. I've said it many times that I do not want a 34 year old LBJ around these kids. He is way too ball dependent, and the last thing that I want is to see these young kids just stand around and watch.

    PG13- Meh. I don't know. If they re-sign Randle, how many forwards do we really need?

    Boogie- If only that Achilles didn't tear. If only it didn't. This is the cat that I wanted. He would be PERFECT in this offense. Maybe they can throw a 1 year, big dollar deal at him to see where he is after full recovery.


    That is all. On to the draft. And scouting for players in the 22-28 range. This is going to be interesting. I'm not used to this. For the past several years, I haven't had to look past the Top 10 prospects.
    April 28th, 2016. The day my world changed forever

    The Artist formerly known as "King of Kings"

  16. #5836
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37,891
    Cash
    1,369,444
    Mentioned
    2113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post
    Well, @zizinho @Salvo @Post Ironic


    The Lakers year in review.

    In the beginning of the summer, I had predicted 35 wins for this team, and the potential to see some growth with the young guys.

    I think that we can safely say mission accomplished on both fronts.

    If Philadelphia is widely recognized as having the best young collection of 23 and under talent, then I defy anyone to come up with a better core of young guys after them than what the Lakers have.

    Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Randle.

    The irony in all of this is in spite of the 35 win prediction, this team could have won 5-7 more games if not for injuries and being allergic to hitting free throws.

    The summer plans for the following:


    Lonzo Ball- Gain muscle mass. At least 15 pounds this season. Whatever BI did last summer, you need to do the same. We can't have you driving the lane and then dishing out all the time because of a lack of strength. Take it to the hole, bitch. And while you are at it, work on that midgame and learn how to finish.

    And free throws. Seriously, what the $#@!. You're a guard.

    Your passing , rebounding, defense, IQ, and floor vision are wonderful. Keep that as it is.

    Brandon Ingram- Gain another 15 lbs of muscle. If you do that, and we see another 40% growth in all of your numbers, you are all star level. 21 ppg, 9 rpg, 7 apg.

    Julius Randle- Assuming that we re-sign you (and god I hope that we do). You have a right hand you know. Learn to use it.

    Josh Hart- Be more consistent on your mid range. You are surprisingly good from deep, and you drive the lane like a mother $#@!er.

    Kyle Kuzma- Increase your defensive awareness. Aside from that, the only other thing that I can suggest is don't get arrested for anything stupid this summer.

    As far as the rest of the roster, I wouldn't mind seeing Lopez and KCP come back on friendly deals. If not, then we'll find other pieces.

    Now for the big fishes in free agency.

    Lebron- Nope. I've said it many times that I do not want a 34 year old LBJ around these kids. He is way too ball dependent, and the last thing that I want is to see these young kids just stand around and watch.

    PG13- Meh. I don't know. If they re-sign Randle, how many forwards do we really need?

    Boogie- If only that Achilles didn't tear. If only it didn't. This is the cat that I wanted. He would be PERFECT in this offense. Maybe they can throw a 1 year, big dollar deal at him to see where he is after full recovery.


    That is all. On to the draft. And scouting for players in the 22-28 range. This is going to be interesting. I'm not used to this. For the past several years, I haven't had to look past the Top 10 prospects.
    Well put, im gonna add few things:

    Lebron - already said the conditions i want him under. I dont want him to come here be a ballhog and turn these kids into spot up shoorers. If hes willing to take on a reduced role, as in play smallball PF, help Lonzo facilitate/play within the already existent system, not have it been submitted to him, and gear up defensively, im not against him. But chasing rings and meaningless statistical records, he can do that on the clippers for all i care.

    George - you put it well, meh. Im not that into him anyway, hes not a top 10 player in the League to build the team around him. Hes no scrub either. Hes an all Star Level performer so would obviously improve us. Plays d, 3pt threat and can both play off the ball and playmake. Having said all that, would rather Klay than him, but more than either would wait for AD or Giannis (both highly unlikely, i know). For 30M a year, hed be an OK signing, hopefully tradeable in a few years...

    Would keep KCP, Brook and IT on 1 year deals if possible.

    Now to our "core", Ball-Hart-Ingram-Kuzma-Randle, its important to keep them all and let them grow within the system. They already have a year together behind them, and as they grow individually and mature, our chances of winning go up. You sum it up well in terms what they need, gonna add a few lines.

    Ball - hes got it all except shooting and finishing at the rim. Gonna need to gain mass/strength, as well as work in his midrange. He doesent need to be an elite midrange scorer, but if hes got no midrange at all, hed much easier to defend against. Needs more ruthlessness to him as well when hes attacking, looks soft lot of times when driving to the basket

    Hart - i have no idea what to improve on him, hes not all Star calibre so no idea what his roof is. Seems to have good fundamentals, good shooter and strong at driving the lane, most things you want from a championship team role player. Defense is also on point. Guess midrange as you said can be worked on

    Ingram - definitely strength, improving his range and decision making. Hes our secondary playmaker so needs to know how to make his teammates better. Also, with his length, should be dunking on people more. Guess adding mass will help him with this

    Kuzma - surprised a lot of people, incredible scoring skills at such age. You said defense already, im gonna add shot selection. Could have had couple more assists, but wont be too picky with a rookie as good as him

    Randle - boy, our best player down the stretch of the season. Whatever he was doing last summer, repeat it please. Incredibly valuable guy in todays NBA, 4, smallball 5, plays hard each night, can playmake and is a missmatch to almost anyone. Can switch on and guard 1-5 when he puts his mind to it. Must keep

    Coach Luke - was pissed with a lot of his decisions over the season, minute distribution, certain players favorism, random stupid lineups when the game is on the line.... Overall did well enough job. He installed a certain Identity into the team which we didnt have for a while, we play hard defense with lots of switches and close outs, we play high paced and attractive offensive style with lots of movements and passing. The idea is good, but he too needs to improve in some things, obviously as hes a rookie coach basically

    Magic and Pelinka - we drafred well, we traded well, if we sign as well as we did draft and trade, we are in for a great season in the year ahead. Very pleased with their work.

    Overall im very happy with what we got, wasnt this Happy and excited about the team in a long time. Cant wait for offseason to start

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh and btw, we should have an eye on Nurkics situation in Portland, if we gonna need a Center. Hes great on defense and has some good offensive skills. Dont think you can get better than that in the C Position, Superstars excluded
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sell H16UAIN!!!

  17. #5837
    The D.I.L.F CR 7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Somewhere in Greece, leading a search party in sea caves for Cronios
    Posts
    28,256
    Cash
    23,862
    Mentioned
    612 Post(s)
    I REALLY want Boogie Cousins.


    I know it's a risk with his injury. But my god he is something special. He can do it all from the center position.


    A front line of Randle-Cousins-Ingram

    I mean, come on. Are you kidding me?


    And to me, he is the only marquee free agent who won't take minutes away from our young core. That is another major reason why I want him.

    1 year, 30 million dollars. Do it, Magic.
    April 28th, 2016. The day my world changed forever

    The Artist formerly known as "King of Kings"

  18. #5838
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37,891
    Cash
    1,369,444
    Mentioned
    2113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post
    I REALLY want Boogie Cousins.


    I know it's a risk with his injury. But my god he is something special. He can do it all from the center position.


    A front line of Randle-Cousins-Ingram

    I mean, come on. Are you kidding me?


    And to me, he is the only marquee free agent who won't take minutes away from our young core. That is another major reason why I want him.

    1 year, 30 million dollars. Do it, Magic.
    You think he can recover from such Injury?

    - - - Updated - - -

    About the draft, if Dzanan Musa is still there when its our turn, take him. He can be developed into a borderline all Star with correct coaching and guideance
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sell H16UAIN!!!

  19. #5839
    The D.I.L.F CR 7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Somewhere in Greece, leading a search party in sea caves for Cronios
    Posts
    28,256
    Cash
    23,862
    Mentioned
    612 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    You think he can recover from such Injury?

    - - - Updated - - -

    About the draft, if Dzanan Musa is still there when its our turn, take him. He can be developed into a borderline all Star with correct coaching and guideance
    Of course he can. No doubt about it. And let's say that they sign him this year, and he starts the season at 70% of where he was before the injury.

    That still makes him better than 80% of the centers in this league. He's perfect for this team. A pick and roll dream come true, who can initiate the pick and roll or be on the receiving end of it.

    Legit 3 pt range, monster rebounder, possibly the best passing big man in the game, or certainly one of.

    Oh man, the floor spacing next year.
    April 28th, 2016. The day my world changed forever

    The Artist formerly known as "King of Kings"

  20. #5840
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37,891
    Cash
    1,369,444
    Mentioned
    2113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post
    Of course he can. No doubt about it. And let's say that they sign him this year, and he starts the season at 70% of where he was before the injury.

    That still makes him better than 80% of the centers in this league. He's perfect for this team. A pick and roll dream come true, who can initiate the pick and roll or be on the receiving end of it.

    Legit 3 pt range, monster rebounder, possibly the best passing big man in the game, or certainly one of.

    Oh man, the floor spacing next year.
    I think we gonna go for him regardless of injury, and his skills arent dependent on his atheticism for him recovering to all star level to be seen as some sort of miracle, far from it actually. But still, camt help but have some concerns, even though hes the best superstar fit out there.

    One is, his effort. In other words, hed supposedly lazy. Now i havent seen him this season, and im not one to believe in stats, but Ive seen numbers and heard people claim that hes not putting in the effort in the defensive end, also that he doesent put in the effort on the offense when he doesent have the ball. Also seen numbers where their defense looks much better without him than with him. Could be that hes simply a missfit, that they dont have much of an offensive system other than give the ball to him or AD, or a case of stats telling you very little as they usually do, which is why i wont claim hes any of this, but cant help but be at least a bit concerned about it. One could also sad, in the flippside, him posting up these numbers without giving 100% effort speaks about his skills level...

    The other thing is, he will also demand the ball a lot and is a bit of a offensive flow stopper. Now, we dont really have players taking 20 shots a game, but with the addition of a Volume ball demander like him, id expect everyones touches and shot attempts to decrease. But to be fair to him, you could say that about every Superstar out there, except Klay probably

    I wouldnt be against him obviously, and hes above George for me, but these concerns make me question whether hed be such a great fit as you say.
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sell H16UAIN!!!

Similar Threads

  1. F1 thread
    By Desmond in forum Other sports
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 20.04.2006, 08:38
  2. MotoGP thread
    By Sarah_old in forum Other sports
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 20.08.2003, 07:40
  3. Lost members thread
    By Martin in forum The hangout
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 11.10.2002, 10:23
  4. Juventuz Art Thread
    By Martin in forum The hangout
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 25.09.2002, 09:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •