WWIII (for you Andy) (1 Viewer)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Feel free to post your stupid theory here so I can shoot it down AGAIN!

Or.. you can finally concede defeat on this issue and apologise. Don't get me wrong, I love watching you bang your head against the wall. You seem to get stupider with every post :D

So lets go..

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #7
    Been arguing on a thread about WWIII but its off topic. So this is a thread about the cause for WWIII.

Miki

Jun 18, 2008
    If this is about "WWIII will be fought over natural resources" then I must say that's not illogical at all.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    WW3 will be on natural resources.Something like water perhaps.Not sure about where the next World War could start from,but im beyond certain that if Pakistan India have a war in the future,it will be on water.Or if the Indian Air Force goes in for another ride 4km into our borders sometime soon.

Miki

Jun 18, 2008
    WW3 will be on natural resources.Something like water perhaps.Not sure about where the next World War could start from,but im beyond certain that if Pakistan India have a war in the future,it will be on water.Or if the Indian Air Force goes in for another ride 4km into our borders sometime soon.
    Exactly. Drinking water shortages.

Jun 13, 2007
    Hmm.. Do you guys know where the Emirates get their drinking water supply from? The fucking sea. You can purify salty water and drink it. I doubt it will be be in shortage any time soon.

As for oil, it is not entirely implausible for a war to fought for oil. It's not like it is unprecedented. However, there will be more to it than just oil, especially since oil is not a very smart investment to make in the long run. I'm sure the United States would much rather spend billions of dollars for alternative sources of energy rather than spend it on a potential world war that would see it lose a lot more than it would profit.

OP
    Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #13
    More than half the world is already in drought. You'd be better of spending you trillions on desalination plants than on a World War. Politicians are just much more smarter than that. Also if we were to cut green house gas emissions fast enough than erratic whether would reverse itself and drought would cease to be a problem. It just so happens that is what politicians have been occupying themselves with for the past 5 years.
    As for oil. The world has learned from the US mistake of a grab for natural resources. Its been deemed a failure and I doubt very much that any nation would be dumb enough to make the same mistake. Plus like i said before the world is moving in a completely different direction. That is, towards alternative renewable energy.
    Precious metals. If there was to ever be a world war driven by the need for Gold, Silver, etc. than that would have happened a long time ago. Its just not enough to enter a devastating war that you could lose. Especially with the risk of nuclear warfare that has grown so vastly in the past 50 years.

In my opinion it would take something very big to trigger it. I'm not sure what will trigger it. But the main players will start it off. Those are the countries who bare nuclear arms. A prediction would be India, Israel & America (allies will follow) VS. Iran & Russia (allies will follow) for example.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    They (the politicians) don't give a damn about us. It's better to be well prepeared on your own than hope there will be systems in place for us when the time comes. They have their things put in place, so just be ready.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    Hmm.. Do you guys know where the Emirates get their drinking water supply from? The fucking sea. You can purify salty water and drink it. I doubt it will be be in shortage any time soon.

As for oil, it is not entirely implausible for a war to fought for oil. It's not like it is unprecedented. However, there will be more to it than just oil, especially since oil is not a very smart investment to make in the long run. I'm sure the United States would much rather spend billions of dollars for alternative sources of energy rather than spend it on a potential world war that would see it lose a lot more than it would profit.
    The Emirates is not the only country in the world.Plus you're removed landlocked countries from the whole equation.The Emirates arent likely to be a country that trigger a World War anyway.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006

and how many countries can afford desalination on such a large scale? You can barely see the UAE on a fuckin' map...you doubt there will be a water shortage? :howler: why am I not surprised seeing that kind of post from you

OP
    Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #17
    Tell me 3 countries capable of invasion of more than 2 countries who are landlocked and in drought.

OP
    Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #18
    and how many countries can afford desalination on such a large scale? You can barely see the UAE on a fuckin' map...you doubt there will be a water shortage? :howler: why am I not surprised seeing that kind of post from you
    if they can't afford desalination they can't afford to wage a world war

Miki

Jun 18, 2008
    Here are some things you guys need to consider...The cost of desalination? The energy that current desalination methods consume? The negative effect that it has on the environment?

OP
    Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #20
    Here are some things you guys need to consider...The cost of desalination? The energy that current desalination methods consume? The negative effect that it has on the environment?
    Save more money spending on desalination than waging a war (like a said before). How about the hundreds of thousands of people who die as a direct cause of a World War? I think desalination is the lesser of two evils here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)