Camoranesi to replace Zambrotta permanently? (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Well,I watched Camo play at right wing against Inter in the TIM Trophy,and he was awesome. What do you guys think about Camoranesi making Zambrotta into a bench warmer?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
Er i dont think he would make him a becnh warmer imo.
Imo lippi could now afford to play Zambo in his more naturally superior posistion on the left wing.

Zambo's shooting is superior on his right foot, therefore he can score more when cutting in from the left. Imo thats why he was so good at Bari, when he played upfornt or on the left.

With camo on the right and zambo on the left our wing will be covered regarding first team choice.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
Imo lippi could now afford to play Zambo in his more naturally superior posistion on the left wing.
i disagree, the times i have seen zambo on the left he has looked kinda lost imo. i think he is far better on the right

btw, what does your signature mean?

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    Er i dont think he would make him a becnh warmer imo.

Zambo's shooting is superior on his right foot, therefore he can score more when cutting in from the left. Imo thats why he was so good at Bari, when he played upfornt or on the left.

With camo on the right and zambo on the left our wing will be covered regarding first team choice.
    That's a great idea! Buffon - Iuliano,Thuram,Montero - Camoranesi,Tudor,Tacchinardi,Zambrotta - Nedved - Trezeguet,Del Piero

I remember Zambro playing on the left against Perugia last season,and we won 4-0. Do you guys think this would work in the coming season?

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Personally i prefer wingers with pace and can cross the ball, something in which Zambo hasn't proved to me, he posseses in his repertoire. I havem't seen too much of Camo to say if he is a starter

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Personally i prefer wingers with pace and can cross the ball, something in which Zambo hasn't proved to me, he posseses in his repertoire.
    Maybe you don't watch that many italian NT games, he's always splendid, runs like hell and making dangerous crosses.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    Personally i prefer wingers with pace and can cross the ball.
    Camo can dribble,cross,create and has a good bit of pace.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    I have seen Italy's games and i saw every Juventus game last season not highlights but live games and Zambrotta has no pace
    In the wc which every one saw he did not give a single decent cross which i can remember.
    Vieri's goals against Ecuador were from Totti's pull back and |Dibiagio's long ball, against Croatia, the cross was from Doni, soutkorea was from Totti's corner, Dp's goal was from Montella's cross and the disallowed goals, none were from his crosses.

Yes he works very hard, and goes up and down the flanks but he is not a good crosser of the ball as his average is poor

And to be honest he seems to perform better in the Nt than he does for Juventus anyway

From what i have seen of Camo, he seems to be a more skilful player

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
    zambrotta is the best italian who can fill this place , he can defend and attack as well in national team nobody was allowed to play in his side panucci suks so he was the man for it and when he was injured korean scored from a cross from his side that wouldn't happen if zamby was there and in juve last season he was fantastic he played with hunger to win not like another players that i don't want to mention if he doesn't score much that was'n't his mestake his shots was blocked because of the post ooh that was really great shots remember his goal againest milan in coppa italia he is a player that we can not make him a sub for a guy that u've been seen him playin 30 or 40 minutes in a freindly
    !!!!!!

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    I have seen Italy's games and i saw every Juventus game last season not highlights but live games and Zambrotta has no pace
    In the wc which every one saw he did not give a single decent cross which i can remember.
    Vieri's goals against Ecuador were from Totti's pull back and |Dibiagio's long ball, against Croatia, the cross was from Doni, soutkorea was from Totti's corner, Dp's goal was from Montella's cross and the disallowed goals, none were from his crosses.

Yes he works very hard, and goes up and down the flanks but he is not a good crosser of the ball as his average is poor

And to be honest he seems to perform better in the Nt than he does for Juventus anyway

From what i have seen of Camo, he seems to be a more skilful player
    I do believe that one of Vieri's disallowed goals came from a Zambrotta flick on,but nevertheless,Zambro doesn't supply enough dangerous crosses and his shots aren't that good either. He's a very hard worker,but doesn't have the skill that Camo has.

That also is true,Zambro seems to perform better with the Nazionale than with Juve.

Camoranesi and Zambrotta are two different kind of players. One has alot of skill and good pace,and one is a hard working player that can defend well.

I personally think that Camoranesi is the better player,and I hope that Lippi sees it that way too,because Camoranesi offers creativity which Zambrotta doesn't,and creativity is what Juve really need.

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
    i've to defend zambo - IMO he's a great player - but i have to admit that he seems to play better for the NT than for juve..

ok his crosses aren't that good, but reading some of the texts about zambo's "bad performances" in WC, i'm wondering if i have seen the same Wc as u.... cause i've seen a zambrotta, who played gr8 football,

anyway even my brother, who's everything but a juve-fan, likes him...

but camo isn't bad either - i haven't seen any juve-matches this pre-season, but from what i heard he's gr8 in black&white

but there will be enough matches for both of them, and zambo could even play on the left, even though i think this is davids' place...

about the injury of zambo ...
    here's the medical situation of juve (from the offical site)...

Igor Tudor: between Monday and Tuesday he'll begin a progressive work with the team. The player doesn't suffer from any pain at the injuried ankle.

Antonio Conte: he has completely recovered from the muscle strain on the left calf. Today he trained regularly with the team.

Gianluca Pessotto: he respects his recover schedule and its pace.

Gianluca Zambrotta: he is working on some personal tranings and even for him the schedule is respected.

Marco Zanchi: he is recovering from the left foot distortion suffered in the first week of training. On the next days he'll work with the team.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    actually,it does puzzle me to think that some players tend to play better for their NT or club,there has to be a logical explaination.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Well to each his own, Zambrotta is good but nothing special and for a winger he takes too many shots at goal, i am sure Trez sometimes gets very frustrated when a first time cross doesn't come in . The best crosser of the ball by a long way is Dp, then it is Nedved and neither is a winger. How many wingers do you know don't take corner kicks and saying he is the best right sided player of Italian birth isn't saying much as Italy is really lacking in that department.

Like I said he is a very hard and willing worker and that seems to be enough for some fans so what do i Know

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
    Zambrotta is the better choice because he's established himself among his team mates. Camo might cause some unrest. But I think Zamby is a great player, and who said he's gonna be a bench-warmer?!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Well to each his own, Zambrotta is good but nothing special and for a winger he takes too many shots at goal, i am sure Trez sometimes gets very frustrated when a first time cross doesn't come in . The best crosser of the ball by a long way is Dp, then it is Nedved and neither is a winger. How many wingers do you know don't take corner kicks and saying he is the best right sided player of Italian birth isn't saying much as Italy is really lacking in that department.

Like I said he is a very hard and willing worker and that seems to be enough for some fans so what do i Know
    Di Livio... *sigh*

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #19
    Camoranesi just seems to have more class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)