Using the "N" word (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
crappy American T.V shows inspire my threads
I'm watching Dr. Phil. The use of the "N" is in debate and its getting heated up in here! Paul Mooney is cracking it at some white woman who said it was ok.

So.. when is it ok to say it? Should it ever be said it at all by anyone??

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 12, 2004
I don't think Whiteys should say it at all.

African Americans can say it all they want in my opinion, like Tottenham with the "Yids".

It was a diss, but many years later they embraced it and now call themselves that, which is what black culture does now.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
crappy American T.V shows inspire my threads
I'm watching Dr. Phil. The use of the "N" is in debate and its getting heated up in here! Paul Mooney is cracking it at some white woman who said it was ok.

So.. when is it ok to say it? Should it ever be said it at all by anyone??
are you white?

why are you inquiring?

are you planning on adding this to your daily vocabulary?

don't waste your time watching american tv shows. i'm american and i don't watch any of the garbage on our airwaves

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Actually Chris rock just discussed this very issue in his new stand up tour. If you can, watch it, because it's fucking hilarious. It's called Chris rock: kill the messenger. You'll laugh your ass off at his response to your question.

OP
Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #8
    well yeah but the debate lies in whether it should be apart of black culture or not. I don't really think it should at all, shouldn't be said in music, or between black people.
    Oh wells if no one has much to bring to the table feel free to close it... but the lesson learned here is... don't call Paul Mooney a nigger.

OP
    Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #9
    are you white?

why are you inquiring?

are you planning on adding this to your daily vocabulary?

don't waste your time watching american tv shows. i'm american and i don't watch any of the garbage on our airwaves
    you pay for my cable then :eyebrows:

Apr 12, 2004
    well yeah but the debate lies in whether it should be apart of black culture or not. I don't really think it should at all, shouldn't be said in music, or between black people.
    Oh wells if no one has much to bring to the table feel free to close it... but the lesson learned here is... don't call Paul Mooney a nigger.
    Well between blacks I think it is more than okay, but Paul Mooney used to write a lot of Richard Pryor's shit, so that is how far back he goes. The fools from the 60's and 70's do not take that shit at all.

OP
    Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #13
    ßüякε;1800214 said:
    Well between blacks I think it is more than okay, but Paul Mooney used to write a lot of Richard Pryor's shit, so that is how far back he goes. The fools from the 60's and 70's do not take that shit at all.
    not even from other african americans. One white woman had the guts to tell him she says it and she thinks its ok because of the context in which she uses it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)