Legrottaglie - Chiellini; incredible statistic. (1 Viewer)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
In all matches Chiellini and Legrottaglie played together, we haven't conceded a single goal.

Is this partnership the key to succes? Legrottaglie's return from injury does coincide with our return to form.

Amazing statistic either way.

Matches in question:

JUVE-ARTMEDIA 4-0

JUVE-ZENIT 1-0

JUVE- REAL 2-1 (we conceded only after Legro was subbed)

JUVE- TORINO 1-0

JUVE-ROMA 2-0

REAL-JUVE 0-2

Credit to j1897

Buy on AliExpress.com

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
Don't forget that not only the central defenders are part of the defence.
IMO Mellberg did great yesterday... he saw that Drenthes crossing was terrible so the only thing he let Drenthe do was cross and pull big pressure on him. We were all saying that Drenthe sucks but that is also thanks to Mellberg. He did not let Drenthe past him to go on a run against the central defenders.

Maybe we did concede against Real at home, but that was Chiellini's fault

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
That is very impressive.

It also has to do with Sissoko getting back to top form, and defence becoming more accustomed to having Manninger behind them.

Not to forget the increasing form of Molinaro, Grygera and now Mellberg on the flanks.

But all in all, Chiellini and Legrottaglie deserve most of the credit. Individually they have their flaws, but as a pair they cover for each other's weaknesses in incredible fashion.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
for me, Legro has ben our best defender this season...he has upped his game to a very high level, and I think we have a great CB partnership for atleast a couple more seasons...we have to sign the adequate backup for them, that's all

gtbaka

Nov 6, 2008
Come to think of it, the only way RM could threaten was from the wings. Good catch.

Unlike DP picking apart the CB's, or Momo getting a FK in the middle.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
As if we needed any more evidence that these two deserve to anchor the central defense of the Azzurri...

With a lot of deserved attention on Chiellini, Legrottaglie has quietly come to be one of the best defenders in Italy, let alone Juve.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
In all matches Chiellini and Legrottaglie played together, we haven't conceded a single goal.

Is this partnership the key to succes? Legrottaglie's return from injury does coincide with our return to form.

Amazing statistic either way.

Matches in question:

JUVE-ARTMEDIA 4-0

JUVE-ZENIT 1-0

JUVE- REAL 2-1 (we conceded only after Legro was subbed)

JUVE- TORINO 1-0

JUVE-ROMA 2-0

REAL-JUVE 0-2

Credit to j1897
Didn't we concede the first goal against BATE when Legro-Giorgio played ?
Legro was injured and he could hardly walk (that's why the BATE player found himself alone in front of our keeper) but he and Giorgio were the CBs when BATE scored the first one.
Right after that Ranieri replaced Legrottaglie with Knezevic.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
As if we needed any more evidence that these two deserve to anchor the central defense of the Azzurri...

With a lot of deserved attention on Chiellini, Legrottaglie has quietly come to be one of the best defenders in Italy, let alone Juve.
I couldn't add more. Well said.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I remember Legro was about to sign with Besiktas but something happened and Chiellini was gonna be sold to Man. City but the Milito deal fell off.

:crazy:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
In these above matches it has really been Legrottaglie who has stepped up his play above and beyond what we would have expected, even surpassing last year's performances in my opinion. He has made some crucial clearances lately that combine good positioning along with calmness at the back, and perhaps even a little technique when I look at his partner in Chiellini. :p

But lets not forget the contribution the midfield has put into the scenario. So in reality, I believe the key is Legro and Chiellini along with the work of Sissoko.

Ален;1796570 said:
.......we'd have conceded even less than 0 goals on these matches.
:lol2:

Our defense would be so good without Molinaro the FIGC would take away previous goals against us because they weren't warranted.

Hey, it's only fair...

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
In these above matches it has really been Legrottaglie who has stepped up his play above and beyond what we would have expected, even surpassing last year's performances in my opinion. He has made some crucial clearances lately that combine good positioning along with calmness at the back, and perhaps even a little technique when I look at his partner in Chiellini. :p

But lets not forget the contribution the midfield has put into the scenario. So in reality, I believe the key is Legro and Chiellini along with the work of Sissoko.

:lol2:

Our defense would be so good without Molinaro the FIGC would take away previous goals against us because they weren't warranted.

Hey, it's only fair...
Totally agree. You see the confidence in him a lot these days. I even recall one game, I'm not sure which (think its Torino) where he did this back heal clearance pass to midfield

One aspect or two actually, of Legro's game that are highly impressive are his areal abilities and this thing he does of rushing out to clear the ball from behind a striker when the striker has his back to goal and is just standing waiting or the ball to get to them (though sometimes its called for a foul)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)