Quitting smoking (4 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I'm watching Oprah and this Dr. Oz guy is talking about quitting smoking. I don't smoke, i've never been addicted to cigarettes. Is it really that hard? I mean these people are crying about how hard it is.
My brothers both smoke a pack a day, and i always wanted to help/make them quit. There are lots of questions and issues surrounding it. What roll do governments and big enterprise play in smokings prosperity? Why the hell do these damn teenagers even look at em' in the first place?? :p
Anyway for anyone who smokes, wants to quit or has tried. Post what you know.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #3
    thats 13 achievements...

i'm so proud of you boy

OP
    Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #6
    patches? bad dreams? did the ghost of the Marlboro man come and haunt you in your sleep?! :O

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I quit smoking after about a year and a half of sucking down ground level ozone. It's really a question of will power. If you want to quit, there are methods you can take to get off the cigs. The patch, the gum, the pill, psychology/psychiatry, or whatever you just have to find something and stick with it.

That's the most important thing. Sticking with your plan. I was lucky in that I never smoked more than 5 or 6 cigs a day, unless drinking then I'd roll through a pack:D. It made cutting back and eventually quitting so much easier.

And don't expect it to be easy, nicotine is an addictive substance. You know that when you pick up your smokes. So there shouldn't be a shock.

OP
    Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #8
    ßüякε;1792035 said:
    You should come over here and make your mother proud.

:p
    mummy is already proud...

i wipe my own ass i wipe my own ass!

OP
    Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #9
    I quit smoking after about a year and a half of sucking down ground level ozone. It's really a question of will power. If you want to quit, there are methods you can take to get off the cigs. The patch, the gum, the pill, psychology/psychiatry, or whatever you just have to find something and stick with it.

That's the most important thing. Sticking with your plan. I was lucky in that I never smoked more than 5 or 6 cigs a day, unless drinking then I'd roll through a pack:D. It made cutting back and eventually quitting so much easier.

And don't expect it to be easy, nicotine is an addictive substance. You know that when you pick up your smokes. So there shouldn't be a shock.
    good effort.. i honestly never met a person who quit for real. They just conned themselves into thinking they did. So complaintive... you gain weight, you become nauseous.
    But i honestly don't get why people do it... when i was a young lil fag boy, i tried to smoke, i tried hard dammit! But i hated the taste so that i gagged. I guess i'm lucky

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    Like Enron has said, it's about will power.

My brother (27 yo) started smoke from 14 yo and start quit 3 years ago.
    He instantly quit, not reducing the frequency of smoking.

On his earlier efforts it's been very hard since his friends were all smokers.
    But he made it, he even can not stand near a smoker.

My husband is a smoker too.
    He smoke one pack a day.
    Too bad, I don't think he has a will power to quit, well, not now he's said.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

I used to smoke a pack a day, 2 packs if it was a night out. I smoked about 6,7 years than quit for about 2 whole years. Then I started again and smoked for 2 years, than I quit again. It's been over 3 months since my last smoke.

The only challenge is when you go out and are drinking, that's just torture. Other than that I can do without them easily.

Personally, the worst thing about quitting is...you don't know what to do with your freaking hands, especially when you go for a cup of coffee or soemthing. I find myself constantly playing around with my cell or my keys, I don't miss the nicotine I miss having my hands doing something.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
    Many ppl who quit smoking have a problem with their taste (it is much bitter as my bro said).
    Maybe it's bcos of the nicotin they'd consumed for years.
    So I guess chewing gum or candy could help.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Smoking is addictive, it messes up with your stimulation of pleasure receptors.
    When you quit, you feel less pleasure from everything and eventually you respond better to your natural needs, smoking used to cloak (like appetite),
    this is why some people have a tendency to eat more and grow fatter!
    They feel the hunger more than before and they dont savor the taste, as before (same goes with drinking and even sex)

Chronic smokers are addicted in more than one ways, the lack of a cigarette, may make them feel uncomfortable in public places, nervous or even anxious!

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    I have been smoking since I was 18, and it is all BS...I've never gone above 6 cigarettes a day...can quit whenever I want

Apr 15, 2006
    i've been smoking for about 5 years now, and only started smoking more ever since i started working! went upto about 5 per day! but lately, im starting to hate the taste of any ciggie i smoke. added to the fact that my throat is in a very bad condition, i decided not to torture it anymore, and i've reduced smoking to about 2 a day! i know i have the willpower; i quit weed and other drugs pretty easily; so this should take too long!

one of my friends told me once that its not considered "quitting" if u havent had a smoke for 30 years! :shifty:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)