Iago Falqué to Juve - done deal? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Catalan sports paper Sport claims that Barcelona Atlètic attacking midfielder and Spanish youth international Iago Falqué (18) is close to joining Italian club Juventus.

With Barcelona Atlètic coach Luis Enrique not counting on Iago for this season and the alternative being a return to the Juvenil A team, Iago has decided to accept one of the many offers he has received.

Manchester United and Ajax have also shown interest in the player but the fact that Juventus manager Claudio Ranieri has asked himself for the transfer seems to have been decisive. A deal could be closed later today.

Iago would leave on a free transfer although Barcelona will receive a fee if he plays a certain number of matches with the first team and a part of the transfer fee is the player is sold by Juventus later on.

http://fcbtransfers.blogspot.com/2008/08/bara-b-iago-close-to-jucventus.html

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=539250&idseccio_PK=803

This has even lower risk than the Ekdal transfer, so it's worth a try. Not coming from the worst academy in the world exactly. And he has a cool name.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
How random wouldnt this be? Hehe. If it turned out to be true that is and not another mindless rumour. Though I doubt there would be much bogus rumours for a youth player.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not is it only a good from the get go in that he is a standout talent for the spanish youth team, but that we would be basically signing him for NOTHING (nothing paying anything, but giving them bonuses depending on what he does).

And Lucky, he seems to be a fake winger, meaning one who cuts in alot to be the playmaker or attack, more of a Nedved then a classical winger.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
With Barcelona Atlètic coach Luis Enrique not counting on Iago for this season and the alternative being a return to the Juvenil A team, Iago has decided to accept one of the many offers he has received.
It's not that he wasn't good enough to make it to Enrique's team, right ?
I believe that's not the case, but i'm just asking.

I guess Barcelona Atlètic is Barcelona B, the team from spanish third league ? Probably Enrique didn't take him because he's too young, but at 18 i would have given him a chance in the third league.

I wonder where is the catch here. If Barcelona's options are to give him playing time in the third league or lose him for free, i wonder why did they go with the second option. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)