Alex Manninger (3 Viewers)

Jul 15, 2006

Link:
http://www.juventus.com/site/ita/NEWS_newseventi_B6F73AF330A3474C82589AFEE7277C29.asp

Bought for €1m (Thanks Capitano)

Austrian international goalkeeper Alex Manninger has signed for Juventus and is relishing the chance to play understudy to Gigi Buffon.

Manninger spent last season on loan to Siena from Red Bull Salzburg and impressed in Tuscany.

The 31-year-old has now joined Juve in London and is ready to give his all to the Bianconeri cause.

“I am very happy to have arrived at Juventus,” Manninger said. “Here football really counts.

“I have gained a lot of experience playing for smaller sides but I was at Arsenal a few years ago and I wanted to return to a big club at the highest level.”

Manninger is unlikely to be called into action on many occasions with Azzurri No 1 Buffon holding the gloves.

“We all know Buffon’s ability and his role in this squad,” he continued. “Only one goalkeeper can play at a time but in a squad of 25 there must be more than one custodian and we have three.

“I’m ready to give as much of a contribution as I can make to this team.”

Article

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I can't find anything about his wages.
Btw, did we officially sign him or he's just on trial here ? Because if we signed him then we did it through Udinese and i don't really know what's the catch here. Udinese officially signed him last month and now he's training with us.

What i remember the most from Manninger are his heroic displays whenever his teams faced Milan. I always expected Milan to sign him because he was always the man of the match on Siena-Milan matches.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
really good back up keeper, he would be a starter in almost every other team in serie a. Very good signing and will be a good alternate to buffon if his back starts playing up. Welcome Alex :beer:

He needs to get a new t-shirt though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)