Fausto Rossi (1 Viewer)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
This youngster has excited us in pre-season. Secco says that we'll be like Barcelona, in that we'll have two youngsters in the first team. We've found the first one in Fausto Rossi.

I reckon it'll be mostly training though and he'll probably be back to playing with the primavera before he knows it.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 15, 2006
Has Secco been quoted that he's the first youngster, as I had thought he wanted Giovinco and Marchisio to be so... Anyone have his video from the TIM Cup as I didn't get to see it?

OP
Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    Secco has been quoted so. Giovinco and Marchisio are no longer considered youth players. Secco is talking about promoting players directly from the primavera team.

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
    Secco has been quoted so. Giovinco and Marchisio are no longer considered youth players. Secco is talking about promoting players directly from the primavera team.
    If this is be true than :bow: to Secco for the first good idea in his position.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I hope this kid blows up and murders Serie A. Forza Mr. Rossi. Take it slow, son, and develop your skills. No need to rush my brother.

juventus2

Jul 6, 2004
    If this is true (I really doubt it), Ekdal and Rossi could be the players he is talking about.

Attack: Amauri,Iaquinta,Del Piero, Trezeguet, Giovinco
    LM: Nedved, Rossi
    CM: Poulsen,Sissoko,Zanetti,Marchiso,Ekdal
    RM: Camoranesi,Marchionni
    Defence: Grygera, Leggro, Zebina, De Cegile, Molinaro, Chiellini, Mellberg, Knezevic, Sali

23 players + goalkeppers. I guess it could work.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
    As much as he is talented he'll only get the odd Coppa Italia minute here and there.. One to keep an eye on though, not many players can trouble Maicon as much as he did and definately not many 17 year olds but nonetheless IMO he should stick with the Primavera atm

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I'm sick of "youngsters". F*#$ them all. All the talk with youngsters is "potential, potential, potential". And we fans get to get off on some quasi-pedophilia by fawning over what some player could be and not what some player is.

"The next Del Piero." "The next Trezeguet." "The next blah blah blah."

People place their hopes and dreams in untested, young players because they carry none of the scars of failure and disappointment of more seasoned veterans.

Well, great if they can help out the team. Great if they can help out in a few years. But I really have had enough of this sport and its ridiculous fawning over young pre-talent. It's made the sport a wishing game more than a doing game.

And I'm through with wishing. I want some silverware. And they don't hand out trophies for potential.

I would love it if our coach could nail these young players to the wall and not coddle them the way the media and fans do. The game is difficult. Losses will happen. They will screw up. So give up those fantasies of perfection and learn to live in the reality of today.

"What have you done for us lately?" If they can't answer that, throw them back into the sea. They're too small of a catch.

fender06

Sep 16, 2006
    Secco: Juve may buy again
    Saturday 2 August, 2008
    Juventus director of sport Alessio Secco hints they could be making a few more signings before the summer is out.

“As our President said, Juve’s transfer activity is pretty much closed, but we are leaving the door open just a crack,” he confessed in Tuttosport.

“At times there can be strange situations, unexpected events that give you the opportunity to make a swoop at the last moment.”

Among those rumoured to be the cherry on the Bianconeri cake is Inter midfielder Dejan Stankovic, who could arrive in a straight swap for Tiago Mendes.

“I swear I know nothing about it. This story is all dreamed up by journalists.”

The fans were not happy with the midfield developments that brought in Christian Poulsen, but his pre-season friendly performances have begun to win some of them over.

“They did exactly the same thing with Momo Sissoko. He was given a frosty welcome, but now is the fans’ favourite,” continued Secco.

“Fausto Rossi has also done well this summer and he will be one of the two youth team players who will consistently train with the senior squad this season. It’s a chance to mature, experience top competitions and possibly face prestigious opponents.

“We want to follow Barcelona’s lead, as they would give Leo Messi, Dos Santos and Bojan some space at a very young age. If someone if talented at 17, why not give him the chance to shine?”

Juventus are likely to begin their Champions League adventure against Artmedia Petrzalka, who lead Finns Tampere United 3-1 from the first leg.

“It was a fortunate draw, we cannot deny it,” continued the Bianconeri director of sport.

“We all agreed that we wanted to avoid Atletico Madrid and Galatasaray. The draw went the right way for us.”

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
    I'm sick of "youngsters". F*#$ them all. All the talk with youngsters is "potential, potential, potential". And we fans get to get off on some quasi-pedophilia by fawning over what some player could be and not what some player is.

"The next Del Piero." "The next Trezeguet." "The next blah blah blah."

People place their hopes and dreams in untested, young players because they carry none of the scars of failure and disappointment of more seasoned veterans.

Well, great if they can help out the team. Great if they can help out in a few years. But I really have had enough of this sport and its ridiculous fawning over young pre-talent. It's made the sport a wishing game more than a doing game.

And I'm through with wishing. I want some silverware. And they don't hand out trophies for potential.

I would love it if our coach could nail these young players to the wall and not coddle them the way the media and fans do. The game is difficult. Losses will happen. They will screw up. So give up those fantasies of perfection and learn to live in the reality of today.

"What have you done for us lately?" If they can't answer that, throw them back into the sea. They're too small of a catch.
    I get what your saying in that some people tend to be fixated on potential and potential alone without proper justification but you're ignoring a very large part of the game by suggesting that naturing talents with a view of silverware is unneccessary and ultimately a waste.. Whilst these members who jump at the chance to praise a new talent and suddenly put them into a "future 11" or something similiary stupid, you are being the exact opposite and implying that we need not to focus on youth and buy established players which will ensure that we overspend like Madrid & so on, which we simply cannot do.. You're view is as much of an extreme as the view of people who like I mentioned get all warm and fuzzy about a new player and include them into some future team.. A balance is needed not a total ignorance to both

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jan 30, 2008
    How will they develop if your just throwing them back into the reserves?,where there not getting valuable experience against bigger opposition,I for one hope this news is true because what a player to throw on in the last 15 minutes of a game where the opposition is tired,were crying out for pace in the team and this kid has it in abundance.

If Barcelona had that attitude of oh wait,lets promoted him when he's in his 20's,Messi woulden't be the player he is today.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
    The notion in which you are comparing Messi and Fausto Rossi is absurd.. You are trying to equivalate a 17 year old boy who impressed in a couple of minutes in a friendly to one of the best player's the world has ever seen.. Messi is one in a million and whilst I feel your need to integrate our team with youth but your vastly overestimating the quality of young players like Rossi

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jan 30, 2008
    Messi developed from Barcelona using him in all competitions and having confidence in him,I'm not aware i compared the two,if so I'm sorry for that,but how does a player develop if he isen't playing at the highest level?.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
    Looks composed despite the opponents being Inter ...

Even a bit-part role in the Italian Cup will do wonders for a teen who is only 17 and I dun see Nedved being actively involved in this competition.

Sure hopes he can do a "Lionel Messi", the Nedved replacement might just be in our own backyard waiting to be unearthed. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)