[OTHER] Other Leagues 2008/2009 (1 Viewer)

Geof

May 14, 2004
This is a thread to share news and opinions from the less followed leagues in football. Comments about Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Turkish, Belgian, Scandinavian, Greek South- and North-American and whatnot leagues are welcome here.

I'll start with some (transfer) news in the Belgian league:

Anderlecht:

IN:
Arnold Kruiswijk (Groningen, Nl)
Rubenilson dos Santos da Rocha 'Kanu' (Barueri, Braz, 20j, 1j+4j optie)
Mattias Suarez (Belgrano, Arg, 19j, 1.2 mlj)
Nemanja Rnic (Partizan Belgrado, 23j, 3j+1j optie)
Hernan Losada (Germinal Beerschot, Arg, 1.1 mlj)
Roland Lamah (terug Roda JC)
Oleksandr Iakovenko (Genk, optie gelicht, Oek, 21j, 4j)

OUT:
Serhat Akin (n.n.b./Karlsruhe?, Trabzonspor?) -
Ahmed Hassan (Al-Ahly)
Luigi Pieroni (back to Nantes; Dinamo Boekarest, Grenoble?)
Cyril Théréau (Charleroi)
Cheik Tioté (FC Twente)
Mbo Mpenza (Larissa)

Standard de Liège:

IN:
Lazslo Bölöni (Al Jazeera, Roe, Coach, 55j, 3j) -
Medhi Carcela-Gonzales (beloften, 18j) -
Alandson Da Silva (Club Brugge) -
Alexandre Da Silva (Club Brugge) -
Wilfried Dalmat (Bergen, Fr) -
Benjamin Nicaise (Bergen, Fr) -
Mehmet Sarper Kiskaç (Ankaragucu, Turk, 18j)

OUT:
Michel Preud'homme (Gent, Coach)

Club Brugge:

IN:

Bernt Evens (Westerlo, 29j, 3j) -
Ronald Alejandro Vargas (Caracas, Ven, 21j, 4j+1j optie) -
Nabil Dirar (Westerlo, 23j, 5j, Mar, 1.8 miljoen) -
Jeffrey Jared (USA, 17j, 3j) -
Geert De Vlieger (Zulte Waregem, 36j, 1j+optie) -
Laurent Ciman (Charleroi, 3j+optie, 600.000 euro)

OUT:

Joos Valgaeren (Emmen, 32j, 2j) -
Timothy Dreesen (Lierse, via STVV) -
Brian Priske (Vejle, DK) -
Sven De Volder (Moeskroen) -
Gaetan Englebert (Tours, 32j) -
Glenn Verbauwhede (Kortrijk) -
Birger Maertens (Heracles, 3j)

Source

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Finally a place to discuss the A-league , starting in August :D

i saw an MLS game last night while i waiting for the final. DC united were pretty good against Beckham's team. Gallarado can still play.

OP
Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    I read that (well not the link you posted, I'm having trouble to understand what the hell "Футбольный клуб "Крылья Советов" подписал контракт с нападающим сборной Чехии Яном Коллером. Президент ФК "Крылья Со" means. I guess Коллер reads Koller, though).

I guess he's going for the big bucks. Don't blame him, he's 35 after all. I loved this guy when he was at Anderlecht. 58 goals in 85 matches, not bad at all. Good times when Anderlecht could beat ManUtd in the CL...

OP
    Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    geof, is biglia staying put?
    I don't think he will. He said that he didn't know whether or not he'll stay next year, and clubs like Espanyol, Santander or PSG are reportedly interested. There have also been rumours of Milan bidding 10M € and Inter following him too, but that's BS IMO.

He's definitely good enough for a midtable Liga club, but I don't see him succeeding at a top club. He's too slow for that. Anyway, I hope his transfer will raise some good money, I'm guessing 7-10 M €.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
    I read that (well not the link you posted, I'm having trouble to understand what the hell "Футбольный клуб "Крылья Советов" подписал контракт с нападающим сборной Чехии Яном Коллером. Президент ФК "Крылья Со" means. I guess Коллер reads Koller, though).

I guess he's going for the big bucks. Don't blame him, he's 35 after all. I loved this guy when he was at Anderlecht. 58 goals in 85 matches, not bad at all. Good times when Anderlecht could beat ManUtd in the CL...
    Football club " Wings of Advice " has signed the contract with attacking modular Czechia Yan Koller. President ФК Igor Nikolaevich Zavyalov has confirmed " Wings of Advice " www. KC-CAMAPA.ru, that all questions with transition Koller are solved.

In championship Европы-2008 the forward has played three matches and has hammered in one goal. Last season Yan Koller has lead in German "Nuremberg", 14 times having played in the basic structure and having written down on account 2 of a goal. Up to "Nuremberg" supported the Czech "Sparta", Belgian "Loceren" and "Anderlcht", German "Borussia" and French "Monaco".

For career Yan Koller has won set of trophies: the champion of Czechia (1995), the owner of the Cup of Czechia (1996), the champion of Belgium (2000, 2001), the owner of the Supercup of Belgium (2000), the owner of the Cup of the Belgian league (2001), the champion of Germany (2002), the finalist of the Cup of UEFA (2002), the best striker the Czech combined team of all times (55 goals), the best striker the championship of Belgium (1998-1999), the owner Belgian " Gold football boots " (the best football player of the country 2000).

On results of one of rounds of a season 2002/2003 Yan Koller has been recognized by the best goalkeeper бундеслиги - the forward of "Borussia" has taken a place of the goalkeeper removed from a field and has successfully reflected Michael Ballaka's attacking to Munich "Bavaria" some impacts, not having passed any ball.

Yan Koller was born on March, 30th 1973 in place Smetanova Lgota, Czechia. Growth - 202 sm, weight - 99 kg.

The contract Yan Koller with "Wings" is calculated on one and a half year.

of course has come because of money:gsol:

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
    Those were the days, Koller and Radzinski in attack.
    Better then what we have now upfront, Frutos is good striker but if you touch him, he is injured.
    I am curious how the new guys will do.

With regard to Biglia, I think everything depends on the Olympics, if he plays well, he'll leave, else, I think he will stay one more season, he still has to prove himself on a big stage, he didn't impress yet in CL so the Olympics will show if he is good enough for a step up or not (yet).

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
    Isaksson leaves City for PSV
    Wednesday 02 Jul 2008

Sweden international goalkeeper Andreas Isaksson has ended his disappointing two-season stay with Manchester City by completing his move to PSV Eindhoven for an undisclosed transfer fee.

The 26-year-old joined City from Rennes in 2006 for £2million but made only 20 appearances for the club with the last coming in the 8-1 capitulation at Middlesbrough in May.

Isaksson had to play second fiddle to England Under-21 international Joe Hart for much of the 2007-08 campaign but started all Sweden's games at Euro 2008.

He started his career with Trelleborgs and also spent time with Djurgardens in his homeland, as well as a two-year stint with Juventus.

Isaksson told PSV's official website: "I'm looking forward to it. It feels good to be here. Hopefully, I can enjoy a very nice time. PSV is a great club.

"It's a stable club which has achieved good results in recent years, both domestically and in Europe."

OP
    Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #15
    Is he supposed to be their first keeper? hmm.. that's quite a downgrade from Gomes. Good enough for Eredivisie, but a bit too shaky to reach something in the CL. Not a bad keeper, but too much of an eternal promising player for me.

Anyway, he's an ex-juventino! :jvefan:

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
    Is he supposed to be their first keeper? hmm.. that's quite a downgrade from Gomes. Good enough for Eredivisie, but a bit too shaky to reach something in the CL. Not a bad keeper, but too much of an eternal promising player for me.

Anyway, he's an ex-juventino! :jvefan:
    Yep, he will be PSV's 1st GK from now on.
    And to figure Gomes went for only 8MEuro or something like that, Tottenham did a very good deal with that transfer.

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
    Standings in some of the smaller leagues:

Holland:
    1 AZ Alkmaar 18
    2 Groningen 17
    3 Twente 17
    4 NAC 16
    5 Ajax 16
    6 PSV 15
    7 NEC 12
    8 Heracles 12
    9 Heerenveen 12
    10 Willem II 12
    11 ADO Den Haag 10
    12 Utrecht 8
    13 Sparta Rotterdam 8
    14 De Graafschap 7
    15 Roda JC 6
    16 Feyenoord 5
    17 Vitesse 5
    18 FC Volendam 1

Belgium:
    1 Club Brugge 20
    2 Standard 20
    3 Anderlecht 19
    4 Moeskroen 17
    5 Racing Genk 17
    6 Westerlo 17
    7 AA Gent 15
    8 Lokeren 14
    9 Zulte Waregem 13
    10 KV Kortrijk 12
    11 Charleroi 11
    12 Cercle Brugge 10
    13 Bergen 8
    14 FCV Dender EH 8
    15 KV Mechelen 8
    16 Germinal Beerschot 8
    17 Tubize 4
    18 Roeselare 2

Turkey:
    1 Beşiktaş JK 18
    2 Trabzonspor 17
    3 Ankaraspor AS 16
    4 Sivasspor 15
    5 Bursaspor 15
    6 Galatasaray AŞ 14
    7 Kayserispor 14
    8 Gaziantepspor 1
    9 Fenerbahçe SK 12
    10 Eskisehirspor 12
    11 Konyaspor 10
    12 Istanbul BB SK 9
    13 Gençlerbirliği SK 9
    14 Hacettepe SK 8
    15 Denizlispor 8
    16 MKE Ankaragücü 5
    17 Antalyaspor 2
    18 Kocaelispor 1

Russia:
    1 FC Rubin Kazan 57
    2 PFC CSKA Moskva 50
    3 FC Dinamo Moskva 44
    4 FC Amkar Perm 41
    5 FC Zenit St. Petersburg 40
    6 FC Spartak Moskva 40
    7 FC Lokomotiv Moskva 38
    8 FC Krylya Sovetov Samara 38
    9 FC Moskva 34
    10 FC Spartak Nalchik 30
    11 FC Terek Grozny 30
    12 FC Saturn Moskovskaya Oblast 28
    13 FC Tom Tomsk 27
    14 FC Khimki 23
    15 FC Luch-Energia Vladivostok 20
    16 FC Shinnik Yaroslavl 18

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)