[FRA] Ligue 1 2008/2009 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Lloris explains Rossoneri refusal

Highly rated French goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has explained his decision to snub Milan to join Lyon.

The impressive 21-year-old custodian had been touted as a possible replacement for the error-prone Nelson Dida between the posts for Milan.

However, Lloris opted to leave Nice for French champions Lyon after considering an offer from the Diavolo.

“Of course Milan were a great opportunity for me,” he told Nogomania.

“We all know that they are one of the best clubs in the world, but everything got complicated about my role in the club.

“They couldn’t guarantee that I will play on a regular basis. And they have six goalkeepers at Milan, so that tells you everything.

“In the end, Lyon came in for me and this club were my big wish. I want to win Ligue 1 and I think this is the best step for me in my career.”

It is believed that Christian Abbiati’s decision to stay at Milan, rather than joining Palermo, will prevent the world champions from signing a new shot-stopper this summer. :D

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun23g.html

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Lloris explains Rossoneri refusal

Highly rated French goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has explained his decision to snub Milan to join Lyon.

The impressive 21-year-old custodian had been touted as a possible replacement for the error-prone Nelson Dida between the posts for Milan.

However, Lloris opted to leave Nice for French champions Lyon after considering an offer from the Diavolo.

“Of course Milan were a great opportunity for me,” he told Nogomania.

“We all know that they are one of the best clubs in the world, but everything got complicated about my role in the club.

“They couldn’t guarantee that I will play on a regular basis. And they have six goalkeepers at Milan, so that tells you everything.

“In the end, Lyon came in for me and this club were my big wish. I want to win Ligue 1 and I think this is the best step for me in my career.”

It is believed that Christian Abbiati’s decision to stay at Milan, rather than joining Palermo, will prevent the world champions from signing a new shot-stopper this summer. :D

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun23g.html
Loris is a very talented keeper...his influence on Nice is so big, i expect them to struggle next season without him. Expect a relegation dogfight for them, even Bakary Kone is leaving them, and Ederson already left for Lyon.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
if you say so fred. Is lloris going to be Lyons first choice next season? What is happening with coupet?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Coupet is most probably leaving for PSG, PSG are going to be quite busy this summer, as they are planning a complete revolution. Coupet is one of the first names on their shopping list.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Landreau is a liability, he's a horrible keeper who's overrated because of a good season at Nantes(in which admittedly he was fantastic), but he's a one season wonder thats all.

Bordeaux have an extremely talented manager in Blanc, they might do well, but they need depth..Bordeaux's first team is good, but their problem is in their bench..a few good signings could propel them to do well in Europe.

A quality attacking midfielder, a left back and some depth in central defence is what they need.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I like French football. but i dont speak the language:confused:

You seem to have some decent knowledge of the Ligue, you watch?

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I like French football. but i dont speak the language:confused:

You seem to have some decent knowledge of the Ligue, you watch?
Oui Monsieur:D.
In really enjoy the French league in England I watch it on setanta sports, I don't seem to know half of what you know about it though.
Me and my school mates usually go and watch the football in a bar in Paris when we are there.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Triviggy, Fred is right about Landreau hes terrible, and Coupet is close to agreeing a deal with Atletico Madrid, and is set to have his medical soon.
You should post here more often, the last Ligue thread. was just me talking to myself, it gets kind of lonely:D

Oui Monsieur:D.
In really enjoy the French league in England I watch it on setanta sports, I don't seem to know half of what you know about it though.
Me and my school mates usually go and watch the football in a bar in Paris when we are there.
Interesting:)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Triviggy, Fred is right about Landreau hes terrible, and Coupet is close to agreeing a deal with Atletico Madrid, and is set to have his medical soon.
yeah I heard about that but I thought it was BS.
Fred, do you reckon toulalan will still be at Lyon by the start of the new season IMO he put in a pretty good showing at the euro's.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Landreau is a liability, he's a horrible keeper who's overrated because of a good season at Nantes(in which admittedly he was fantastic), but he's a one season wonder thats all.

Bordeaux have an extremely talented manager in Blanc, they might do well, but they need depth..Bordeaux's first team is good, but their problem is in their bench..a few good signings could propel them to do well in Europe.

A quality attacking midfielder, a left back and some depth in central defence is what they need.
Bordeaux took Gourcuff on loan, and I agre that they have solid squad even I didn't watched to many their games. Cavenaghi finally found his form there and pretty good job. I hope that finally Lyon will have real opponent this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)