What Are You Doing Right Now? - The hangout - Juventuz Forums - Page 17579
Page 17579 of 17583 FirstFirst ... 16579170791747917529175691757717578175791758017581 ... LastLast
Results 351,561 to 351,580 of 351651

Cash
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    Among professionals. 2nd highest according to this article - https://www.therichest.com/rich-list...suicide-rates/
    There have also been theories that suggest that because doctors are trained in medicine, they simply are more adept at actually committing suicide, knowing how to achieve their desired result, and knowing what drugs to administer to do so.
    Lol. I honestly can't imagine anything more sad than failing at your own suicide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1740 Post(s)
    if you lived day by day without any direction you'd become unhappy quickly
    I agree with IL4J
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

M.M. <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    What you really wanna be is dental surgeon. Pulling out wisdom teeth pays.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1105 Post(s)
    if you lived day by day without any direction you'd become unhappy quickly
    If by that you mean a stay at home mom, then I agree. But that's routine as well.
    Lo stile Juve

"Simplicity, professionalism and sobriety"

World Boss

Cash
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Lol. I honestly can't imagine anything more sad than failing at your own suicide.
    I imagine a lot of the failures are quite relieved when their attempt fails

Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    I agree with IL4J
    I don't know of anyone who wakes up each morning not knowing what they're going to do for the day, and lives a satisfying life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IliveForJuve View Post
    If by that you mean a stay at home mom, then I agree. But that's routine as well.
    Well that's not what I meant
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

Cash
    Mentioned
    2412 Post(s)
    I don't know of anyone who wakes up each morning not knowing what they're going to do for the day, and lives a satisfying life.
    My favorite kind of days are summer days, where I don't have to work, got cash in my pocket and my bank account balance is healthy, and I have 0 plans and I'm down for whatever.
    Take a walk in a ravine, with a several spliffs and a tallboy or two, meet up with some friends, kick it with family, kick it with a hobo. End of the day, go to some random bar/pub, holler at random hoes, run into some friends, etc, etc.

I don't like to be stuck in a routine, I like wandering around.
    Vller is here with DAi.

M.M. <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Youll be able to that everyday once youve given up and become homeless

Cash
    Mentioned
    1740 Post(s)
    Are you one of those "without my work i wouldn't know what to do" people? Cause that's the sadest bunch i can think of.

Don't people have hobbies these days? Things they love to do?
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

World Boss

Cash
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    My favorite kind of days are summer days, where I don't have to work, got cash in my pocket and my bank account balance is healthy, and I have 0 plans and I'm down for whatever.
    Take a walk in a ravine, with a several spliffs and a tallboy or two, meet up with some friends, kick it with family, kick it with a hobo. End of the day, go to some random bar/pub, holler at random hoes, run into some friends, etc, etc.

I don't like to be stuck in a routine, I like wandering around.
    I enjoy those days too, but only for so long. There was a time in was unemployed for some months, and for the first month or so it was fun, but after that it became depressing. Also probably because I was getting broker and broker

Could do with a week like that right now actually

Cash
    Mentioned
    2412 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Youll be able to that everyday once youve given up and become homeless

- - - Updated - - -

i agree life without pokemon, how can u live

I enjoy those days too, but only for so long. There was a time in was unemployed for some months, and for the first month or so it was fun, but after that it became depressing. Also probably because I was getting broker and broker

Could do with a week like that right now actually
    Everything is better with moderation
    Vller is here with DAi.

World Boss

Cash
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Are you one of those "without my work i wouldn't know what to do" people? Cause that's the sadest bunch i can think of.

Psh, of course I wish I didn't have to work for a living. But if I didn't work id still have to do something to fill my time.

If I could I'd love to go back to school full time in another country.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1740 Post(s)
    Psh, of course I wish I didn't have to work for a living. But if I didn't work id still have to do something to fill my time.

If I could I'd love to go back to school full time in another country.
    Of course, but instead of working, you can be doing the things you love to do. Pick whatever hobby you want. How's that a worse option? Unless one doesn't have hobbies that is. To each his own i guess.

World Boss

Cash
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Of course, but instead of working, you can be doing the things you love to do. Pick whatever hobby you want. How's that a worse option? Unless one doesn't have hobbies that is. To each his own i guess.
    Say your hobbies are playing football, video games and reading; can you wake up and do these things every day for a sustained period of time, like say 6 months?

Maybe you could, but I think I'd get bored of those things if they were meant to make up all my time. That's why they're hobbies; they're things you do for leisure and relaxation, to take a break from the grind. I don't think I could be leisurely all the time, but maybe some can.

I know quite a few people with all the time in the world to do what they want, and usually they end up doing nothing.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1740 Post(s)
    Say your hobbies are playing football, video games and reading; can you wake up and do these things every day for a sustained period of time, like say 6 months?

Maybe you could, but I think I'd get bored of those things if they were meant to make up all my time. That's why they're hobbies; they're things you do for leisure and relaxation, to take a break from the grind. I don't think I could be leisurely all the time, but maybe some can.

I know quite a few people with all the time in the world to do what they want, and usually they end up doing nothing.
    I sure could. Why not?

I won't get bored doing the things i love.

What about work though. Assuming you don't exactly love what you do for a living, doing the same things 6 days a week, for 40 years or so? Doesn't that sound bad? You just called it a "grind" yourself.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1105 Post(s)
    I sure could. Why not?

What about work though. Assuming you don't exactly love what you do for a living, doing the same things 6 days a week, for 40 years or so? Doesn't that sound bad? You just called it a "grind" yourself.
    No one's yet explained to me exactly what's so great about slaving 50 years away on something that your hate/dislike.

As for you hobbies, you can always get new ones. Got tired of video games and football? Why not travel the world? Perhaps you can do some skiing on the Alps or enjoy a nice day summer day on a Spanish beach.

The possibilities are endless.
    Lo stile Juve

"Simplicity, professionalism and sobriety"

World Boss

Cash
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    I sure could. Why not?

I guess I'm not as passionate about my hobbies as you are. If I did them all the time, I would no longer see them as hobbies.

Of course it's bad. I'm not saying I want to work everyday until I retire. I'm actually working on making it such that I don't have to do that.

What I'm saying though is, even I could afford to not work for a living, I'd set up my life in a structured way to make use of my time in a productive and enjoyable way.

No one's yet explained to me exactly what's so great about slaving 50 years away on something that your hate/dislike.

As for you hobbies, you can always get new ones. Got tired of video games and football? Why not travel the world? Perhaps you can do some skiing on the Alps or enjoy a nice day summer day on a Spanish beach.

The possibilities are endless.
    You can't see why people don't just travel the world as a lifestyle?

Cash
    Mentioned
    856 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    Robots and automation will exclude the need of uneducated labour. The current fertility rate is sustainable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    This is an educated guess though. I agree with you that it is likely. I also think governments need to prepare for a big part of the entire population that might not have a meaningful job to do. But so far robots and automation have not yet completely excluded this need. Far from it. We don't know for sure if or when this will happen either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post

This will be a big challenge in the 21st century. People need meaningful occupation to thrive, so governments must find solutions to do this.
    While technology, AI and automation are certainly going to have a huge effect on jobs, work and labor, I think eventually they will create just as much work as they replace. I think most jobs will require different skill sets, a large number of jobs will change and of course some jobs will be fully automated and no longer necessary. But like other major technological advancements in the past, this one will also create a significant number of jobs and occupations that didn't exist before. So I don't believe for one second that we are heading into a scenario where we will no longer need to work, I think that is way too far fetched a scenario.

For example, I don't see knowledge workers ,especially those whose jobs require soft skills like managing people, providing advisory services in complex non-routine fields, communication, negotiation and such, losing their work to automation. I think those kind of jobs are going to be affected by automation, and they'll have to adapt to a more data driven and digital economy, but we will always need knowledge workers.

So to go back to the point about aging populations needing immigration, I think that will still stand. But again, these countries need to focus on getting immigration right.
    for every action there is a reaction equal in magnitude and opposite in direction

Cash
    Mentioned
    1921 Post(s)
    Because it's harder to get a job if you're unemployed.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by GordoDeCentral View Post
    A skill could be a radiology tech or a business analyst cert, it's not glamorous but imo it has a good income to lifestyle ratio. And besides the obvious reasons, you stay at your job because generally you are more productive in a routine and for most it is hard to stick to a self imposed routine
    More productive? Yeah, if by productive you mean finishing your work in a 8-10 hour shift. But after the learning peak, which is quite short, you as an individual are stagnating or worse. And even when you come home from work, being tired and drained you have 5-6 hours to spend before hitting the bed. That's a lot of wasted time being thrown around. If person stays focus that time can be used way smarter. It's "just" the money.
    Pirlo has no equal in Europe, Vidal is a champion. And Marchisio, though little noticed, when he is one hundred per cent [he too] is a champion.
    commentator: "...marchisio.... hardly mentioned his name tonight"

Cash
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dostoevsky View Post
    Why?
    Yes, it's not really harder. Probably it's psychological harder for you, 'cause there's this pressure that you sooner or later need to get an acceptance, maybe ILFJ meant that
    ..but to get the job in the end there shouldn't be any difference, imo.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1921 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wittl View Post
    Yes, it's not really harder. Probably it's psychological harder for you, 'cause there's this pressure that you sooner or later need to get an acceptance, maybe ILFJ meant that
    ..but to get the job in the end there shouldn't be any difference, imo.
    If anything, you can only get the "why do you want to leave your current work" type of question. One can only like and spread BS how he looks for a bigger challenger, though.
    Pirlo has no equal in Europe, Vidal is a champion. And Marchisio, though little noticed, when he is one hundred per cent [he too] is a champion.
    commentator: "...marchisio.... hardly mentioned his name tonight"