Who will wear the Number 10 of the Azzurri in Euro 2008? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
If I knew how to make a poll I would but here's the Goal.com article...read and deliberate!

The number 10 shirt in Italy, as in many countries, is considered as the most prestigious number on the football field, with the jersey often handed to the most talented and creative attacking player.

Some great players have worn this shirt for the Azzurri in the past at major championships, including the likes of Gianni Rivera, Omar Sivori and Roberto Baggio.

Over the last decade or so there has always been a great debate in the build-up to World Cups and European Championships over who should be handed the shirt. In France ‘98 Alessandro Del Piero won the nod over Baggio, while Francesco Totti has had the number on his back for the past few tournaments.

With Totti now retired from international football, there is much talk in Italy over who should be given the number 10 for Euro 2008.

Daniele De Rossi has had the mythical symbol on his shoulders during qualifiers. It is believed that the other three candidates for the Euros are Andrea Pirlo, Antonio Cassano and Del Piero.

Italy Coach Roberto Donadoni is not fussed who is granted the honour, and says that he will have no say in the matter.

"For me it is only a number to put on the back of the shirt. I will leave it up to the boys to decide,” The Don stated.

My question to you is...do you think Del Piero will even go for the #10 anymore?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)