Marchisio to Lazio SS (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 19, 2007
Marchisio Welcomes Lazio Move

Juventus-owned midfielder Claudio Marchisio has welcomed talk of a summer move to Lazio.

Marchisio is rated as one of the peninsula’s best up-and-coming midfielders, and he has impressed for the Italy Under-21s in the Toulon Tournament so far, scoring a stunning 30-yard half-volley to win the game against Turkey on Friday evening.

However the 22-year-old is highly likely to be sold by Juventus this summer, and Lazio have been strong linked with making a move.

“I have read and heard rumours that the Biancocelesti are interested in me,” Marchisio told the Corriere dello Sport.

“The first thing I thought was that if a great club like Lazio are chasing me then I must be playing well.

“Then I was just really proud because I can only be proud to be on the Aquile’s shopping list.

“I know that Delio Rossi is a very prepared Coach tactically and it would be great to play in his side.

“I have had a good season at Empoli and it would be a big step up to play in Rome.”

Marchisio made 26 appearances in Serie A this past season on loan at Empoli, however he could not prevent them from being relegated to Serie B.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)