Albin Ekdal (1 Viewer)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

23 May 2008
Albin Ekdal signs 4-year contract with Juventus
Juventus Football Club have officially signed footballer Albin Ekdal from Swedish Club IF Brommapojkarna for 0.6 million Euros; the four-year contract with the player will end on June 30 2012.

Swedish attacking midfielder Albin Ekdal was born on July 28 1989 and has already played 4 seasons at Brommapojkarna in the Swedish League – 2 in the youth teams and 2 in the first team – and is a first-team regular in the Swedish Under 19 national team, where he has collected 5 caps and one goal up until now.

The player expressed his satisfaction about signing the contract: «I'm very happy and proud to have the opportunity to wear Juventus' colours. This will be an important experience in terms of my professional growth and my career. I'll have the chance to play and train with many great players and I can't wait to begin doing so».

Alessio Secco also wanted to express his satisfaction about the successful signing just completed: «Albin is a young and very promising player. His signing is part of a project Juventus have to invest in young players. We're happy that Ekdal has chosen to join our team: he will certainly be an important player who will do his part in helping to build Juventus' future».

http://juventus.com/site/eng/NEWS_newsseriea_3F570B3A13F74B479BAE0E942F34A2A6.asp

How many weeks 'till he gets loaned out?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
What's the point of loaning him out right away, he won't even have a chance to get familiar with the clubs and train with the players. Prolly stick him in Primavera this year and loan him after that.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Martin has a point. Put him in the primavera for a year, loan him out for a year, and he'll come back at the same age as Giovinco is now.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Indeed, make him a Juventino first who proves himself here, instead of just being on the books, being loaned out and risking to never come back.

But this dude is a mystery, not even the swedes know how good he is, so one wonders what the scout saw in him.

alban_ks

TOTUUS TUUSS
Apr 29, 2008
Indeed, make him a Juventino first who proves himself here, instead of just being on the books, being loaned out and risking to never come back.

But this dude is a mystery, not even the swedes know how good he is, so one wonders what the scout saw in him.
2 years ago Chelsea tried to sign him, while he was on a trail at the club, but he for surprise snubbed them only just to stay on in the Sweden to finish the school. He has not played so much this season because of an injury, and Juve medical staff did check him three months ago.
As for loan, it is better to stay at primavera and occasionally play him at first team sometimes to see how is he growing up and to have near the sights because Juve have the best young system in Italy for the moment.

Adzke

May 19, 2007
When we signed him, he was allegedly supposed to be loaned out to Empoli right away. Don't know if there's any truth to that...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Good to see that our CL place helped us attract more high class material, we would never had the chance to buy such a player one year ago, well done Secco, he is building tomorrows Juve, today!!

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
0.6m is not a small money on the player at his age(except those south americans), and I think the club would not give a such an important position on the front page of the official website just for signing a Primavera player

I say he will stay in the 1st team, and play some coppa games for us

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)