Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (21 Viewers)

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Will this thread we closed? I hope not, but there are 1000 Del Piero threads out there...

I dont think this is the end for him. More likely the end of Zalayeta in Juventus...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
In Off The Post: The Beginning Of The End For Del Piero?
1/15/2005 12:39:00 PM
Our editorial about Del Piero seems to have caused a stir among Juve fans. Some believe that he still has a lot to give to the Bianconeri's cause while others think that his time is over. Hereunder are some of the e-mails we received so far. Keep sending us your opinion!
Del Piero is the symbol of Old Lady, no one can challenge his leading position in Juventus including Ibrahimovic, Trezeguet, Mutu or Cassano. Alex is a great player in Juve’s history forever!!!!
hk_delpiero

Alessandro Del Piero is the last of the former Agnelli jewels and as far as I know a club does not sell their symbols just for the fact that they play a game or two badly. No one represents Juventus at this hour better then Del Piero and selling this player will create a big disappointment to the fans in the world. Milan had never sold their symbols; Juve on the other hand has sold Baggio and Zidane. Maldini and Costacurta would not have been at Milan if the same thing happened to the Milan squad? No! I am sure that the head-chiefs of Juventus will think this very good before doing such a thing. The myth of Pinturicchio is not dead and he will still have something to show in Italian football. Moggi don’t sell our symbol!!!
Stuparu Lucian

It’s high time, Del Piero comes up with his performances otherwise he has no choice but to sit on the bench or leave the club because it’s Capello and not Lippi anymore. On the other hand Capello should motivate and advise Del Piero to play at his best like he did in 1998 season - by far his best season. I am a great fan of Del Piero and wish him all the best wishes and good luck to do well.
Vishwa Swaroop

I am sorry but I don’t know how you can compare Del Piero with super talent, abilities, professional approach and determination with a player who has some talent but his thinking and professionalism is on the lowest standard (I mean especially Mutu). I don’t understand what Juventus is doing. On the other hand I must say that Del Piero is my favourite player so I’ m his great fan even so I think that Mutu is not good choice for any club.
Paco Saco

His time isn’t over! My idol is still the best ...If I was Alessandro I would stop if Juve wins the Scudetto this season; that would be a glorious end. And then there MUST be a Farewell-match for this hero. The Legend will live on!!
T. Maaijen

It would be foolish for Juve to let Del Piero go! He is more proven in Serie A than a Mutu with a drug problem or a Cassano with a serious attitude problem. Capello would do well to treat him with the respect he deserves after being at Juve for such a long time. Juventus are my favourite team in the world, but I would have to question them if they forced out one of the best players to ever pull on the Juve colours.
Marcus Parks

Being a Juve fan and a Del Piero fan since day one I know it’s not over. He is still Italy’s golden boy. As we saw Totti’s own fans threw bottles at him. No fan in Italy will ever do that to Del Piero. He also doesn’t have bad performances as much as people say he does just because he doesn’t score he is to blame because he is the Mighty Del Piero. Juventus could never give him up. He’s still one of the most loved and profitable player around and sells so many jerseys that no matter how high his wage at Juve is they still make a profit off of him. Juve Fans love him and Italy is 2/3 Juve fans. Last game they booed Capello for the sub. I believe Capello will be gone before Del Piero is. Moggi loves Del Piero and is like a father to him. He is Juve and Italy’s symbol. People expect him to score so many goals. A few years are ago with all the games he missed he scored 16 goals and they said he had a bad season Totti or any other players scored 16 they have a good season! Forza Del Piero and Forza Juve for ever
E. DiMaggio

A lot may think that the 30 year old striker’s playing days are over and that he has been underachieving for the past couple of seasons, but the truth is that Del Piero hasn’t been playing bad football it’s just that too much is expected from him and that whatever he does isn’t enough. As for Cassano and Mutu, none of them has the potential to replace Pinturicchio.
Rashad, Lebanon

Del Piero’s time at Juve should have been over a long time ago. I have never rated him; he has never performed exceptionally for Italy and at Juve he has always been carried by an exceptional team. To compare Del Piero to Mutu or Cassano is ridiculous. Mutu is far more incisive and scores more goals and Cassano is a far more talented player than Del Piero ever was, is, or will be. What Juve should have done is kept Di Vaio and sent Del Piero to Valencia but obviously Ranieri didn’t want him! Telling it like it is.
Carlo Renzi

Del Piero is the BEST. No one is better than him. No one can take Alex’s place and he is the natural captain of Juventus. The question you make is stupid. Fenomeno vero Alessandro Del Piero. And as we (Greek people) say: «Never underestimate the champion’s heart». And Alex is born Champion. No 10 and his place in the first team are sure and no one can take them from him. Del Piero rules, Oh Captain my Captain. Greece thanks Alessandro for all the magic moments. You are always in our heart.
Panagiotis Peppas (Olympiakos fan from Greece)

First things first, let me just stress that Del Piero is not finished. Maybe he is not the star he used to be and for sure he is not as untouchable as he was during his glory days but he is still and always will be a Juventino. He symbolises Juve in the same way the name Maldini goes with Milan or Raul with Real Madrid. In addition Whenever Del Piero was injury free he excelled. Might I remind you of the series of goals he scored mid-November one of which against Bayern secured Juve an early qualification to the knock out round of the Champions League? The champion still lives and hopefully he will show it to the whole world in the next 5 months. Till then Forza Del Piero!
Rudy Rahme

Mutu and Cassano can never be called better than Del Piero, and Del Piero’s time at Juventus is definitely not over yet. In fact he is only now starting to show his best form, and I expect him to prove his importance to the team starting from the next match against Cagliari. Juve needs a good Del Piero to win the Scudetto and Champions League, and cannot only depend on Trezeguet and Ibrahimovic. Next season will be a different story, who knows what will happen. Maybe Trezeguet will leave, who knows. Let’s just focus on this season and let Del Piero get the job done.
Ali Gad. Egypt

I do not think Del Piero’s time at Juve is over. This would be the same as saying Shearer’s time or Raul’s time at their clubs is over. A club is supposed to back its players when they are in-form as well as out-of-form. Also he has been Juve’s best player during his time at the club. When he got injured for about 8 months or so Juve slipped from 1st to 7th even though Zidane was there. But Del Piero will have to work on his fitness and speed. I think he was very good during the Euro Championship. The fans should blame Vieri for their early exit.

If Capello were to go for Cassano, he would face a lot of flak from Juve supporters because he would be very expensive and he is a Roma player. Capello would have too many Roma players at Juve. Also Cassano throws too many tantrums and add to that new signing Mutu’s lifestyle. These would be difficult to handle and Juve doesn’t like such players. Remember Davids? All his red cards. On the other hand Del Piero is a model professional and players at Juve respect him. He is not going to stay out of form forever. Soon he will be back and I don’t think Mutu will able to keep him on the bench.

Also somehow I don’t see Capello lasting at Juve for much time. He will at some point leave for a new adventure possibly Premiership and then most likely Lippi will be back. The bottom line being Del Piero is Juve captain and a fighter. I don’t think he will ever leave. Although he will be rotated more often, which is actually good because of his poor fitness.
Varun Sadh, Juve and Del Piero fan

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
it depends on his form from now on, first of all, DP wont leave the club and we all know it, so if he's good, he plays, if not he stays on the bench....

We should understand that DP will bu benched sooner or later, hes not going to play forever, he gave many things to juve and he is a legend for juventus, its time for him to pass the torch on for yonger talents....

May 30, 2004
Del Pieroo del pieroooo del pieroooooooo del pierooooooooooo del pieroooooooooo del pieroooooo del pierooooooooo del pieroooooooooooooooooo del pieroooooooooooooooooooooooo
delllllllllll pieeeeeeeeeeroooooooooooooooooooow chaaa

this is my contribution in this thread... yes ....oh ig to one more

ps. alessandro del piero aleeeeee ... alessandro del piero aleeee .... alessandro del piero alessandro del piero ..... alessandro del piero allleeeeeee chaaaa....... if you get the right tune .. its prety catchy

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Half of these people do not even know what they are talking about.

++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

It’s high time, Del Piero comes up with his performances otherwise he has no choice but to sit on the bench or leave the club because it’s Capello and not Lippi anymore. On the other hand Capello should motivate and advise Del Piero to play at his best like he did in 1998 season - by far his best season. I am a great fan of Del Piero and wish him all the best wishes and good luck to do well.
Vishwa Swaroop
:LOL: Yeah, its so easy just to tell Del Piero to play his best again. "Del Piero, play at you best." What nonsense.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Modo Bianconero ] ++
Del Pieroo del pieroooo del pieroooooooo del pierooooooooooo del pieroooooooooo del pieroooooo del pierooooooooo del pieroooooooooooooooooo del pieroooooooooooooooooooooooo
delllllllllll pieeeeeeeeeeroooooooooooooooooooow chaaa

this is my contribution in this thread... yes ....oh ig to one more

ps. alessandro del piero aleeeeee ... alessandro del piero aleeee .... alessandro del piero alessandro del piero ..... alessandro del piero allleeeeeee chaaaa....... if you get the right tune .. its prety catchy

If that is all you have to say than I think you should consider being quiet. Makes you look smarter. See, when you say nothing we only think you're ignorant, childish and unintelligent, but when you actually say something you prove us completely right.

May 30, 2004
ok this is too much attention ... i appreciate it .. but hehe chillax boys... i like your post zlatan .. i have no comeback for that ... really impressive....its just that 500 of my posts were all about del piero arguements i thought this one could be a little merry chorus ....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)