Juventus to play in Australia next month (1 Viewer)

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
A-League club Melbourne Victory will play a one-off match against Italian giants Juventus at Telstra Dome next month.

Victory chairman Geoff Lord said Juventus had guaranteed they would send a squad that was close to full strength and he expected the May 30 clash to attract a huge amount of interest.

"Juventus to Italy are like Manchester United to the United Kingdom, they are one of the all-time great clubs in the world," Lord said.

"They have agreed to play one game in Australia ... there's no AFL football (in Melbourne) that night so we are hopeful it is a major spectacle and a major sporting event for the whole of Melbourne."

In particular, Lord said they were expecting a huge amount of interest from Melbourne's large Italian community.

Juventus coach Claudio Ranieri said in a press release issued by Melbourne Victory that he was looking forward to the game.

“Melbourne Victory is one of the top teams from the A-League, and I’m definitely looking forward to playing the upcoming match in Melbourne,” said Ranieri.

“The club also has a large pool of fans in Australia and we are looking forward to meeting our fans there.”

Victory players agreed to delay their annual leave by a week to play in the match, but striker Daniel Allsopp said it was an easy decision.

"Its a good challenge to play against players of the calibre that play for Juventus, hopefully we can learn something if nothing else," Allsopp said.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/victory-play-host-to-juventus-110135/

Buy on AliExpress.com

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
:weee: :rulz: :weee: :flag3: :rulz: :weee:

Juventus Bound For Melbourne

MELBOURNE Victory will host Italian giants Juventus at the Telstra Dome later this month with the visitors expected to field a side packed with stars.
The game on Friday May 30 is the final stop of the Costa Cruises Juventus Asia-Pacific Tour 2008.

Juventus, which is the most successful club in the history of Italian football, has committed to field its strongest squad – excluding its players that will be involved in Euro 2008.

Italy’s FIFA World Cup winner and Juventus Captain, Alessandro Del Piero, is expected to lead the side against Victory.

Other notable Juventus stars expected to grace Telstra Dome include Serie A’s leading striker, David Trézéguet, former World Player of the Year Pavel Nedved, and Bosnian midfielder Hasan Salihamidžic.

Victory Chairman Geoff Lord, announced the match at Telstra Dome this afternoon alongside CEO Geoff Miles, Coach Ernie Merrick and star striker Danny Allsopp, and said the event will be one of the highlights on Melbourne’s 2008 sporting calendar.

Lord said: “It’s very exciting for Melbourne Victory to be hosting a blockbuster friendly at Telstra Dome against one of the world’s most successful and prestigious football club.

“This match will further enhance Victory’s reputation as Australia’s biggest football club and give us the opportunity to expose our brand to millions of viewers across Europe, Asia and the rest of the world.

“We’re expecting a big Melbourne crowd to witness some of football’s international superstars in action and we’re sure that they’ll be treated to an entertaining match, which will truly highlight the round ball game as Australia’s international football code.”

Tickets for the friendly will go on sale through Ticketmaster to Victory members on Monday, 21 April, Football Family members on Wednesday, 23 April and the general public on Thursday, 24 April.

Costa Cruises Juventus Asia-Pacific Tour organiser, MP & Silva, has selected Australia as one of the stops due to its outstanding sporting facilities and the country’s rapidly growing interest in football.

“Melbourne was a natural choice to host the match – the city offers an array of world class sporting facilities and plays host to some of the biggest events in sports,” said Andrea Radrizzani, MP & Silva’s Chief Executive Officer.

“Australians are passionate about sport and are very supportive of sport events, and we plan to bring other world class sports events regularly to Australia.”

Radrizzani added: “Melbourne Victory is one of Australia’s premier football teams and this match promises to be an exciting spectacle for Australian football fans.”

Juventus Coach, Claudio Ranieri, is equally excited about the match in Melbourne.

“Melbourne Victory is one of the top teams from the A-League, and I’m definitely looking forward to playing the upcoming match in Melbourne,” said Ranieri.

“The club also has a large pool of fans in Australia and we are looking forward to meeting our fans there.

Secretary General of the Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Australia, Luca Bottallo, said the local Italian community was looking forward to welcoming one of Italy’s most prestigious football clubs and its Italian heroes.

“On behalf of the Italian Chamber of Commerce and the Italian community at large we are thrilled and delighted to welcome one of Italy’s most successful football clubs, Juventus, to Melbourne, the world’s sporting capital,” said Bottallo.

“We are proud to have supported this project from the beginning and encourage Italians to get involved and embrace this major sporting event.”

Australian goalkeeper, Jess Vanstrattan, who was part of the Joeys side that reached the final of the 1999 FIFA U-17 World Cup, will be travelling with Juventus and could feature in the high-profile friendly, which will be broadcast to over 40 countries worldwide.

Costa Cruises Juventus Asia-Pacific Tour 2008 will be the first time the club has travelled to Australia since 1984, when the then-reigning Serie A champions faced Australia in a 1-1 draw at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/74208,juventus-bound-for-melbourne.aspx

Can't Wait :ultra:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
with del piero still go to the euro's?

wooo cant wait!!!!!!!!!

tickets are on sale april 24th

we need some chants boys we have to outsing the victory!

Mar 24, 2006
Australian goalkeeper, Jess Vanstrattan, who was part of the Joeys side that reached the final of the 1999 FIFA U-17 World Cup, will be travelling with Juventus and could feature in the high-profile friendly, which will be broadcast to over 40 countries worldwide.
:eyebrows:

:ultra:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
All melbourne based juventus fans...

firstly...will any ultra groups be making the long trip down eg. drughi, fighters?

secondly...where are we all sitting? thers a spot for visitors (not very big)

and i know not so many chants, some italians chants, but i dont think everyone will know them.

sorry for all the questions! LOL but this is gonna be sick

p.s u'll wanna chant bro! let them know we're supporting them!

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
fuk the chants i wanna watch them closely
lol, me to where are you going to sit.

All melbourne based juventus fans...

firstly...will any ultra groups be making the long trip down eg. drughi, fighters?

secondly...where are we all sitting? thers a spot for visitors (not very big)

and i know not so many chants, some italians chants, but i dont think everyone will know them.

sorry for all the questions! LOL but this is gonna be sick
um i wanna no if any ultra's are coming also.

and i know im aiming for either a or b seating.

here is the seating plan.

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/seatingchart/303717/23089

im probably going to sit in the b area as you can get family;y tickets there.

Juventino007

Jun 11, 2007
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DREAM COME TRUE
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
im there 100 percent melbourne boy
FOZA JUVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this will be happy day of my life lol
plz to del piero come and sign shirt plz!!!!!!!
lol
can anyone inform me on ticket prices ?
will it be usual price or coz its juve will it be like 100 dollars ??????????

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
B seats next to the visitors will be the best juventus part i think. On the corner is the best!
But who will take up the visitors seats? i think maybe ultras...imagine being with the ultras!! ahaha how mad would that be!

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
i want to go training as there will be at least one session iam sure best chance to meet players iam guessing Olympic park if i have to guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)