Capitano Gianluigi Buffon - Player discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 1101
Page 1101 of 1108 FirstFirst ... 10160110011051109110991100110111021103 ... LastLast
Results 22,001 to 22,020 of 22148
    Primavera player

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What a man.

My god I Will miss him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    A good piece on Buffon. Fanboys shouldn't read it, it might challenge your cognitive bias.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...el-Oliver.html

Spoiler:
    In before ad hominem and other fallacies
    But haters should, right?

Juventuz regular edgardavids2608's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    A good piece on Buffon. Fanboys shouldn't read it, it might challenge your cognitive bias.

Spoiler:
    So he is now responsible for refs not being able to handle the pressure? I dont get what this article is saying. Refs are leaving early in the EPL because they cant handle the pressure. Basically said the same thing gigi did but somehow blamed it on GIgi
    "I would say that I am having less sex now that Im playing in Serie B there is more to think about in this division.

Cash
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)

Spoiler:
    That is a truly awful piece. Really poor journalism.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1682 Post(s)

Spoiler:
      Spoiler:

Not that he should care about it, and he probably doesn't, but a lot of neutral football fans all around the world, who only ever get to see Gigi when he plays for the NT or with Juve in the CL, will remember him for this outburst imo.

Not that there aren't plenty of great things/epic moments to remember him for, but it happened at the end if his career, there isn't much more to come, and people do have short memories. Not to mention it was just so unusual for him to act like that. He's always only spoken about others with respect, Journos and players alike who looked up to him and $#@!sucked him whenever given the oportunity to do so, naming him as the perfect role model and so on, now see him exposed as salty, bad loser (not my opinion, just reading what has been written on websites over the past few days).

He didn't headbutt another player, but given the timing, and most importantly how unusual it was for him to act like that made it worse than it actually was. If it was any other player, i'd say who gives a $#@!? But Gigi was/is the ultimate nice guy in football, not anymore. It's a sour taste that will stay imo.

It's obviously gonna change nothing for Juve fans, for whom he's won tons of trophies for, bleeding the club colours for decades now, but imo it might very well change how the neutral looks at him.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Juventuz champion

Cash
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    Not that he should care about it, and he probably doesn't, but a lot of neutral football fans all around the world, who only ever get to see Gigi when he plays for the NT or with Juve in the CL, will remember him for this outburst imo.

Not that there aren't plenty of great things/epic moments to remember him for, but it happened at the end if his career, there isn't much more to come, and people do have short memories. Not to mention it was just so unusual for him to act like that. He's always only spoken about others with respect, Journos and players alike who looked up to him and $#@!sucked him whenever given the oportunity to do so, naming him as the perfect role model and so on, now see him exposed as salty, bad loser (not my opinion, just reading what has been written on websites over the past few days).

He didn't headbutt another player, but given the timing, and most importantly how unusual it was for him to act like that made it worse than it actually was. If it was any other player, i'd say who gives a $#@!? But Gigi was/is the ultimate nice guy in football, not anymore. It's a sour taste that will stay imo.

It's obviously gonna change nothing for Juve fans, for whom he's won tons of trophies for, bleeding the club colours for decades now, but imo it might very well change how the neutral looks at him.
    I agree with all of it, he's lost a lot in this

Cash
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    I dont think so. It wasnt as bad as zizous.

Players get send off every now and then by incidents like this. Not everyone get send off by headbutting a player.

If he attacked the ref it would have marked him.
    KHDownloads

Click the link please

Cash
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
      Spoiler:

Good, $#@! being nice
    Und alles, was man weiss, nicht bloss rauschen und brausen gehrt hat, lsst sich in drei Worten sagen.

World Boss

Cash
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    It's honestly not a big deal. It will all be forgotten soon. People are just making a fuss because it's Buffon
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

Scouted

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amer View Post
    In two years time, maybe even less, nobody will even remember this ref and his $#@!. But the legend called Buffon will live on. Remember that.
    Dunno... Tom Henning vreb, Cneyt akır (Nani red card), Howard Webb (known for being biased at Man Utd) says hi.

Deniz Aytekin will also be remembered years from now after what happened Barca-PSG game.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    It's honestly not a big deal. It will all be forgotten soon. People are just making a fuss because it's Buffon
    How can you guys be so sure about that?

Especially if Buffon has made his last ever CL-match or Real Madrid ending up winning the UCL.

The incident has definitely ruined Buffon's reputation as an classy gentleman for people outside Italy (although it's not the first time Buffon has made unsportsmanlike post game comments, illegal bets etc.)
    Last edited by Guarin-lover; 16.04.2018 at 01:39.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1141 Post(s)
    Lol people will forget this soon enough, can't believe people are comparing the referee incident to Zidane literally headbutting a player in a world cup on his last game.
    Suck My Lard Droppings

Cash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Spoiler:
    The topic comments say otherwise

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hydde View Post
    I dont think so. It wasnt as bad as zizous.

Players get send off every now and then by incidents like this. Not everyone get send off by headbutting a player.

If he attacked the ref it would have marked him.
    The English massacered Ronaldo and the ref in 2006 for winking at the bench, and blamed the two for getting Ronaldo sent off. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Cash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    english playing the victim
    Forza Juventus Forza Azzurri

"Nobody cares.... Nobody cares.... Worry about yourself, your family, and the people that are important to you."

Cash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Buffon ❤️❤️❤️. $#@! english media, $#@! Real Madrid and $#@! that idiot referee.

Cash
    Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvellino View Post
    english playing the victim
    Exactly. English media and objectivity

Another attention seeking $#@! of a journalist trying to get in on the whole Buffon debate

I sincerely hope Buffon doesn't apologize for his actions. $#@! Oliver the $#@!; he should learn to deal with the pressure that comes with being a referee. I'm definitely not condoning the death threats and attacks as that is disgusting, but Buffon is not responsible or liable for people's retarded behavior and reactions. Also, what he said, unfiltered and candid, in the heat of the moment, should not be held against him. Perhaps he should have worded things more carefully, and he admitted to that, but there's no reason to issue a full apology.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

Cash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post

Another attention seeking $#@! of a journalist trying to get in on the whole Buffon debate

I sincerely hope Buffon doesn't apologize for his actions. $#@! Oliver the $#@!; he should learn to deal with the pressure that comes with being a referee. I'm definitely not condoning the death threats and attacks as that is disgusting, but Buffon is not responsible or liable for people's retarded behavior and reactions. Also, what he said, unfiltered and candid, in the heat of the moment, should not be held against him. Perhaps he should have worded things more carefully, and he admitted to that, but there's no reason to issue a full apology.
    Forza Juventus Forza Azzurri

"Nobody cares.... Nobody cares.... Worry about yourself, your family, and the people that are important to you."

Cash
    Mentioned
    763 Post(s)

Of course it's the self-confessed Premier League fanboi who brings a daily mail trash piece here to "challenge our cognitive bias" and troll the Buffon thread a little more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GordoDeCentral View Post
    Good, $#@! being nice

It's pretty clear being too nice isn't the way to CL titles.
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

Cash
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Spoiler:
    Please post more Oliver Hoist articles, seems like an underrated writer who deserves much more than dailymail
    Sono sempre al tuo fianco,
    io di te non mi stanco.
    Sei la cosa piu bella che c'
    Alessandro Del Piero, ale!

Beppe Marotta Is My God Bianconero_Aus's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1453 Post(s)

English media and their disgusting hypocrisy makes me sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    If i see him now, i will kiss his left cheek for Pjanic, his right cheek for Benatia and prolly a french kiss for Higuain!

Cash
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GordoDeCentral View Post
    Good, $#@! being nice
    Listen to this man