Capitano Gianluigi Buffon - Player discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 1097
Page 1097 of 1106 FirstFirst ... 975979971047108710951096109710981099 ... LastLast
Results 21,921 to 21,940 of 22116

Cash
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    He, kind of, acknowledges that he was excessive about Oliver. But all he says about passion of the game and heat of the moment is true.
    I wish he said more on being excessive, but I see nothing wrong with the rest.

Cash
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K.O. View Post
    I don't feel secured with this charged up Buffon in goal for the Sampdoria game. He needs to calm down a bit.
    He's talking like a fan rather than a professional football player

That penalty has destroyed him mentally
    VERRATTI IS A FANTASY AND VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE

Cash
    Mentioned
    1737 Post(s)
    Fully understand Gigi after his explanation, only thing I disagree with there is continuing to throw shade at the ref and talking to him like he is a kid lol.

Definitely off the rails tho haha, tells you how important this game was to him when he is shaken to the core by it. He talks exactly like a crazy Juventino friend of mine, unhinged, and as lovely and enchanting the extra passion and bravado can be, it's not a good look for a leader and professional to be all in his feels like this.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Osman; 14.04.2018 at 22:18.
    "If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce." - Guccimus Mane La Flaritus

"Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

M.M. <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    It certainly does seem a bit out of character, Buffon has always been an emotional person and I think some of that has just been held back by what a wise, experienced and professional footballer he is.

But given the context it is totally understandable that he boiled over. That some of the human was showing through the professional mask.

World Boss

Cash
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    If it was any other player, he would have been fined by the club
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

M.M. <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    Yea but it isn't any other player.

Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1931 Post(s)
    Ale >>>>> Gigi
    Why does it even matter?
    35 SUL CAMPO ✔

Juventuz champion

Cash
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Fined? Dude there's no way, Agnelli has gone berserk with the VAR thing, I bet he'd agree with whoever the player would have been

Cash
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    All this is exacerbated by the fact that he wont win CL in his lifetime atleast as a player.

He should retire with dignity. Win a Coppa , league and call it quits rather than being remembered for this.

World Boss

Cash
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    Why does it even matter?
    Just learning you fools
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

Juventuz regular

Cash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Speaking after the match Agnelli accused Oliver of "total chaos," questioning why VAR had not been used in the Champions League as yet.

"I see a series of countries that implemented VAR and I saw incidents that went against Italian clubs recently, such as the foul on Cuadrado, AC Milan at Arsenal and Juve tonight, proving we absolutely need VAR in the Champions League.

"This isn't about one or two points, but rather going forward in a massive tournament that brings so much money and prestige. We can't allow these incidents to occur.

"For some reason, the vanity of the refereeing designator is trying to scientifically prove he is unbiased and keeps assigning referees who are against Italian clubs."
    Cristiano Ronaldo converted a 97th-minute penalty for Real to win it
    Agnelli continued to slam referee Oliver, saying he lacked understanding of the moment, and should have understood the tie better following Paulo Dybala's sending off in the first leg a week ago.

He said: "Players make mistakes, so do referees, but this official completely lost control of the situation. A referee in Madrid for the quarter-final must have seen the first leg, realise the (Paulo) Dybala red card was excessive and understand the various situations.

"The referee tonight was in total chaos. It's a pity, the performance of the boys remains, we confirmed - as PSG did last season and Roma last night - you can come back from 3-0 down to turn things around. Incidents happen, the referee didn't understand the moment at all.

"The most important thing is we have the technology, it exists and is in use, so we have to bring it into the Champions League. The referee tonight, when he sees it back, will be the most disappointed person here to realise what happened."

Cash
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Cash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I am proud of Buffon, there I said it! Why? Because hopefully it will bring some change. Although I do not approve of the death threats, I think Buffon going berserk will bring change. Maybe it'll be one of the cases that UEFA refer to when considering VAR and more experienced referees, for the future.

Cash
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post
    All this is exacerbated by the fact that he wont win CL in his lifetime atleast as a player.

He should retire with dignity. Win a Coppa , league and call it quits rather than being remembered for this.
    If he retires this season he'll exactly be remembered for this. That match was the most important moment of the season. How does winning Scudetto or coppa come even close?

Cash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
    If he retires this season he'll exactly be remembered for this. That match was the most important moment of the season. How does winning Scudetto or coppa come even close?

Don't think so, even the Real Madrid fans applauded him.

Juventuz champion

Cash
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus View Post
    Don't think so, even the Real Madrid fans applauded him.
    He's seen as sour and bitter worldwide

People forget everything about him except that moment

Juventuz regular

Cash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerval View Post
    He's seen as sour and bitter worldwide

People forget everything about him except that moment
    Do people remember Zidane for head butting incident in the final of the world cup

Juventuz champion

Cash
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juve123 View Post
    Do people remember Zidane for head butting incident in the final of the world cup
    Yes, everyone does especially casual fans

It's not the same though because he's got himself a new career as a coach.

Cash
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
    I'm saying overall, that shouldnt be remembered as one of the defining moments in his career.

He's gone completely berserk and lost his composure totally. Atleast Agnelli had some legitimate complaints about Italian teams being penalized by refs in Europe but Buffon on the other hand, a guy who's respected everywhere and a guy who has a 'classy' stature about him continues to rant about the referee. He would've lost some respect around many parts with this behaviour. We would understand his reaction but everyone else wouldnt share the same perspective as us.

Cash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juve123 View Post
    Speaking after the match Agnelli accused Oliver of "total chaos," questioning why VAR had not been used in the Champions League as yet.

"I see a series of countries that implemented VAR and I saw incidents that went against Italian clubs recently, such as the foul on Cuadrado, AC Milan at Arsenal and Juve tonight, proving we absolutely need VAR in the Champions League.

"This isn't about one or two points, but rather going forward in a massive tournament that brings so much money and prestige. We can't allow these incidents to occur.

"For some reason, the vanity of the refereeing designator is trying to scientifically prove he is unbiased and keeps assigning referees who are against Italian clubs."
    Cristiano Ronaldo converted a 97th-minute penalty for Real to win it
    Agnelli continued to slam referee Oliver, saying he lacked understanding of the moment, and should have understood the tie better following Paulo Dybala's sending off in the first leg a week ago.

He said: "Players make mistakes, so do referees, but this official completely lost control of the situation. A referee in Madrid for the quarter-final must have seen the first leg, realise the (Paulo) Dybala red card was excessive and understand the various situations.

"The referee tonight was in total chaos. It's a pity, the performance of the boys remains, we confirmed - as PSG did last season and Roma last night - you can come back from 3-0 down to turn things around. Incidents happen, the referee didn't understand the moment at all.

"The most important thing is we have the technology, it exists and is in use, so we have to bring it into the Champions League. The referee tonight, when he sees it back, will be the most disappointed person here to realise what happened."
    Nothing's wrong with this. I wish Buffon stuck to pointing out the inexperience of the ref and how ridiculous the red card was (And the penalty if he personally think it wasn't a clear one). The issue here is Gigi calling him an animal and a garbage bin in an official post-match interview! That was really shocking.