Capitano Gianluigi Buffon - Juventus Legends - Juventuz Forums - Page 1161
Page 1161 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 161661106111111151115911601161116211631171 ... LastLast
Results 23,201 to 23,220 of 23429

Cash
    Mentioned
    610 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliano13 View Post
    This. He chose the worst possible team but maybe he blew away most of his money. Who knows.. Why else would he embarass himself like that at 40 yo.
    In other news, Buffon still doesn't care what you think. He's still making millions, and probably feels he has more to give, while you're a nobody operating a cash register at some remote outlet making minimum wage and hating yourself for it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lgorTudor View Post
    Trapp > Gigi
    Trapattoni was indeed a great coach

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snobist View Post
    I hope he wins CHL this year. We waited 23 years. We can wait another year. Buffon can’t. He sure deserves it. Champ
    How about we win it in 2019 and 2021. Gigi can win it in 2020 and get recalled to the Azzurri, guiding them to a Euro title

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klin View Post
    I hope deep down he knows he did a mistake.
    Why? Because you say so.?! In his mind he can continue playing at the highest level, and seeing how horrible some of the other goalkeeping options out there are, I honestly can't blame him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    I doubt it. His ego is too swollen. He can't accept his age. Buffon played for so long, he went straight into a midlife crisis.

I fear we'll see a stubbornness similar to superstars not accepting their faith.
    I fail to see how religion has anything to do with him continuing his football career
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

Banned

Cash
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    I fail to see how religion has anything to do with him continuing his football career
    Coem on, dude. If we had to discuss everytiem you fail 'Tuz would be nothing more than a support group for you failures
    Much Love, bitches!

Cash
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WΏΏdy? View Post
    1) Gigi is life
    2) He isn't better than our current goalkeeper
    3) He wasn't pushed out
    4) I would have loved for him to stay but there is no way he is at a level where he should start for us anymore, tbh even last season I was fine with him starting because of the level of respect he deserves
    5) Him leaving was best for both him and at club though as fans we wish it could have turned out different, but I'm not gona be selfish and claim he should have snubbed a chance to earn 10mil or more a year or another shot at CL. Having said that we did not have to pay him 6mil a year and keep starting him just for the sake of it. He is past it
    6) He's still gona win the league at PSG and probably lose CL just like at Juve, there is no damage to his legacy
    100% all of this.
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

Cash
    Mentioned
    3011 Post(s)

Why? Because you say so.?! In his mind he can continue playing at the highest level, and seeing how horrible some of the other goalkeeping options out there are, I honestly can't blame him.
    Look who's back. Suddenly the forums ain't fun no more.

Ugh.
    Ban Marc.

Cash
    Mentioned
    610 Post(s)
    Look who's back. Suddenly the forums ain't fun no more.

Ugh.
    You should have stayed in hiding

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    Coem on, dude. If we had to discuss everytiem you fail 'Tuz would be nothing more than a support group for you failures
    Touche

Speaking of failure, both you and your Scandinavian cousins let me down at this World Cup

CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Buffon doesn't have to prove a thing to anyone and most especially not Juve fans. Dude stayed with the club during the absolute worst of times and for years. He was the best goalkeeper in the game, he could've been making far more money, winning titles but stayed while we were languishing through Zaccheroni and 7th place finishes.

He has put in his dues, has an unquestionable legacy and is now going to a soulless oil club to collect a fat paycheck for a year or two before retiring.

Absolute best of luck to him

Cash
    Mentioned
    3011 Post(s)
    You should have stayed in hiding
    Insert more smileys. I'm note sure your point came across well enough.
    Ban Marc.

Cash
    Mentioned
    610 Post(s)
    Insert more smileys. I'm note sure your point came across well enough.
    I believe one should suffice

Cash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Buffon doesn't have to prove a thing to anyone and most especially not Juve fans. Dude stayed with the club during the absolute worst of times and for years. He was the best goalkeeper in the game, he could've been making far more money, winning titles but stayed while we were languishing through Zaccheroni and 7th place finishes.

He has put in his dues, has an unquestionable legacy and is now going to a soulless oil club to collect a fat paycheck for a year or two before retiring.

Absolute best of luck to him

If Gigi decided to take on a new challenge it's obvious that he feels as he could perhaps still deliver at the highest level, imo we should absolutely respect(not necessarily support) his decision till proven otherwise, it's not everyday that 40 year olds get called out of imminent retirement to be offered a starting role in arguably one of the richest and most potent clubs in the world atm, his choice was most likely down to how high PSG proved they still rated him despite his age.

I do wish him all the best in the future, just not that much on a sporting level tbf.

Cash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    In other news, Buffon still doesn't care what you think. He's still making millions, and probably feels he has more to give, while you're a nobody operating a cash register at some remote outlet making minimum wage and hating yourself for it

- - - Updated - - -

Trapattoni was indeed a great coach

- - - Updated - - -

How about we win it in 2019 and 2021. Gigi can win it in 2020 and get recalled to the Azzurri, guiding them to a Euro title

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

What matters to me is that you care.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1123 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by king Ale View Post
    “If he wants to play, go and play. If he doesn't want to play, the door is always open for him at Juventus."

What Gigi did for Juve was not even comparable to what the likes of Ale, Nedved, Trez, etc did when we were relegated. He was the only player at his prime who decided to stay. Never won a CL with us, and now that Juve doesn't want him but a serious CL contender is giving him the chance (goes to show that he's still a top keeper) you expect him to decline it so he'd avoid playing/winning against Juve?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd cheer for PSG so long as they are not playing Juve.
    Except the cheering part.
    Dabbing is love dabbing is life.

Cash
    Mentioned
    574 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WΏΏdy? View Post
    1) Gigi is life
    2) He isn't better than our current goalkeeper
    3) He wasn't pushed out
    4) I would have loved for him to stay but there is no way he is at a level where he should start for us anymore, tbh even last season I was fine with him starting because of the level of respect he deserves
    5) Him leaving was best for both him and at club though as fans we wish it could have turned out different, but I'm not gona be selfish and claim he should have snubbed a chance to earn 10mil or more a year or another shot at CL. Having said that we did not have to pay him 6mil a year and keep starting him just for the sake of it. He is past it
    6) He's still gona win the league at PSG and probably lose CL just like at Juve, there is no damage to his legacy
    good post. he would have to say/do something pretty outlandish to tarnish his legacy with Juve. He will be missed here but I don't see any issue with him joining PSG
    Juve Fino Alla Fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Badass Vidal/Marcelo View Post
    Vucinic he once told Arturo that he will fuck Arturo mother and sister and Arturo was mad, but then he saw that Mirko tells that to everyone and he even told his twin brother that he will fuck his mother and sister. That is something Mirko say all the time and now nobody is angry with Mirko.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1123 Post(s)
    Gigi is finished.
    I disagree. Hes still pretty damn good keeper and if he wants to try and play at top level for several more years and we arent willing to offer him that, he has every right to go and play elsewhere. I feel this is correct decision for both sides.
    Dabbing is love dabbing is life.

Cash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoSo View Post
    good post. he would have to say/do something pretty outlandish to tarnish his legacy with Juve. He will be missed here but I don't see any issue with him joining PSG
    He is still a Legend but let's not pretend it doesn't matter that he isn't retiring with us or at least going to a retirement league like USA or Australia.

Besides, the main problem is not that he is continuing but his choice of club. I hope that at least the part about embassador of the world cup in Qatar is not true.

Cash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Gigi has sold his soul to the devil and is basically playing for Qatar now. Representing that disgusting state is dishonorable.

That being said, Buffon is Buffon, what he sacrificed for Juve over the years is second to none and I will just pretend he actually retired after the Verona game.

Cash
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    He is still a Legend but let's not pretend it doesn't matter that he isn't retiring with us or at least going to a retirement league like USA or Australia.

Besides, the main problem is not that he is continuing but his choice of club. I hope that at least the part about embassador of the world cup in Qatar is not true.
    It doesn't matter, not even gonna affect Juve either especially if you believe he's finished. He gave it all when it mattered, now we can't even accept his decision to choose where to go when there's no place for him at Juve?

And we'll see if he's "finished" or not when the season ends.
    289[+2]

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
    That perches in the soul -
    And sings the tune without the words -
    And never stops - at all -

قالوا الم تکن ارض الله واسعة فتهاجروا فیها

Cash
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K.O. View Post
    Gigi has sold his soul to the devil and is basically playing for Qatar now. Representing that disgusting state is dishonorable.
    Kinda harsh blud
    only because of @The Pado

Quote Originally Posted by Dule90 View Post
    Put your hands down my pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    All praise Lord Marotta, the best transfer we ever made is his work!

Cash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dru View Post
    Kinda harsh blud
    That tiny stinky state is causing havoc all over the middle east.

I don't wanna pollute Buffon's thread. Good luck to him winning the Ligue 1.

Cash
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Just looks odd seeing him in another kit.

- - - Updated - - -

Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Cash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K.O. View Post

That being said, Buffon is Buffon, what he sacrificed for Juve over the years is second to none and I will just pretend he actually retired after the Verona game.
    At least one other person gets it.