Capitano Gianluigi Buffon - Juventus Legends - Juventuz Forums - Page 1160
Page 1160 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 160660106011101150115811591160116111621170 ... LastLast
Results 23,181 to 23,200 of 23429
    Banned

Cash
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    Okay don't wanna get in a debate about this, but honestly, if he has the opportunity to be a starter at a top European club he should not be resented for choosing to take it - especially after all he has given
    Of course he shouldn't. But he'll fail and his legacy will be hurt.
    Much Love, bitches!

Cash
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    Of course he shouldn't. But he'll fail and his legacy will be hurt.
    Maybe, but all the best to him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Klin View Post
    What makes you think we didn't want him to stay?
    “If he wants to play, go and play. If he doesn't want to play, the door is always open for him at Juventus."

What Gigi did for Juve was not even comparable to what the likes of Ale, Nedved, Trez, etc did when we were relegated. He was the only player at his prime who decided to stay. Never won a CL with us, and now that Juve doesn't want him but a serious CL contender is giving him the chance (goes to show that he's still a top keeper) you expect him to decline it so he'd avoid playing/winning against Juve?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd cheer for PSG so long as they are not playing Juve.
    289[+2]

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
    That perches in the soul -
    And sings the tune without the words -
    And never stops - at all -

قالوا الم تکن ارض الله واسعة فتهاجروا فیها

Banned

Cash
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    I hope he fails 'cause that means PSG fails.
    Much Love, bitches!

Cash
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by king Ale View Post

Me too.

So many turn on our legends so easily (not you, Klin). I've seen a lot of shameful disrespect towards Gigi here

- - - Updated - - -

Cash
    Mentioned
    3011 Post(s)
    Okay don't wanna get in a debate about this, but honestly, if he has the opportunity to be a starter at a top European club he should not be resented for choosing to take it - especially after all he has given
    “If he wants to play, go and play. If he doesn't want to play, the door is always open for him at Juventus."

What Gigi did for Juve was not even comparable to what the likes of Ale, Nedved, Trez, etc did when we were relegated. He was the only player at his prime who decided to stay. Never won a CL with us, and now that Juve doesn't want him but a serious CL contender is giving him the chance (goes to show that he's still a top keeper) you expect him to decline it so he'd avoid playing/winning against Juve?

- - - Updated - - -

We obiously didn't count on him being a starter anymore, but it doesn't exactly mean we showed him the door. He's 40 years old not 31 and his game declined as expected at that age. He obviously felt he could give maybe another 2 years at high level (going by the rumored contract duration at PSG) and we disagreed. We brought Sczezny last season, giving him higher wages than a normal second keeper, so this gives us indication that it was planned for at least a year.

I would have really, really liked him going to Parma for example, even seeing him playing against us. It's all very different with PSG. I feel like we showed the door to Ale, not Gigi.
    Ban Marc.

Cash
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    We obiously didn't count on him being a starter anymore, but it doesn't exactly mean we showed him the door. He's 40 years old not 31 and his game declined as expected at that age. He obviously felt he could give maybe another 2 years at high level (going by the rumored contract duration at PSG) and we disagreed. We brought Sczezny last season, giving him higher wages than a normal second keeper, so this gives us indication that it was planned for at least a year.

I would have really, really liked him going to Parma for example, even seeing him playing against us. It's all very different with PSG. I feel like we showed the door to Ale, not Gigi.
    And as much as I love Ale and was pissed at Juve for the way Ale was treated, I could at least understand the team's decision. Alex had very little chance of playing at the top level. Gigi still does. He's going to PSG ffs. And I think it'd be too selfish of us fans to demand Buffon to decline the chance of keeping his CL hopes alive - especially after the sacrifices he made for our team.
    289[+2]

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
    That perches in the soul -
    And sings the tune without the words -
    And never stops - at all -

قالوا الم تکن ارض الله واسعة فتهاجروا فیها

Primavera player

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    not really, he can have a great half of season and then get "injured" against juve in champions and PSG fail.

Banned

Cash
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juventus 1897 View Post
    not really, he can have a great half of season and then get "injured" against juve in champions and PSG fail.
    Except he won't. He'll get exposed behind that Paris defense.
    Much Love, bitches!

Cash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    And as much as I love Ale and was pissed at Juve for the way Ale was treated, I could at least understand the team's decision. Alex had very little chance of playing at the top level. Gigi still does. He's going to PSG ffs. And I think it'd be too selfish of us fans to demand Buffon to decline the chance of keeping his CL hopes alive - especially after the sacrifices he made for our team.
    Gigi is finished.

Cash
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    1) Gigi is life
    2) He isn't better than our current goalkeeper
    3) He wasn't pushed out
    4) I would have loved for him to stay but there is no way he is at a level where he should start for us anymore, tbh even last season I was fine with him starting because of the level of respect he deserves
    5) Him leaving was best for both him and at club though as fans we wish it could have turned out different, but I'm not gona be selfish and claim he should have snubbed a chance to earn 10mil or more a year or another shot at CL. Having said that we did not have to pay him 6mil a year and keep starting him just for the sake of it. He is past it
    6) He's still gona win the league at PSG and probably lose CL just like at Juve, there is no damage to his legacy

Cash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Juve's fault. He's still better than our current goalkeeper. I'm so upset Juve did this.
    You are delusional, bro and so is Gigi. He is not good enough anymore to start ahead of Szczesny and he is too expensive to be a secong GK. And even if he wasn't too expensive, it wouldn't feel right to keep him as a second GK. And even if we offered him to remain as a second GK (maybe we did?) he wouldn't have accepted.

Cash
    Mentioned
    982 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliano13 View Post
    You are delusional, bro and so is Gigi. He is not good enough anymore to start ahead of Szczesny and he is too expensive to be a secong GK. And even if he wasn't too expensive, it wouldn't feel right to keep him as a second GK. And even if we offered him to remain as a second GK (maybe we did?) he wouldn't have accepted.

Gigi is utterly finished, much more than Ale ever was. PSG would be retarded to start him outside their Coppa games

That being said, him joining PSG doesnt take away anything from his legacy
    Beppe's Jabroni Counter 2018:
    1. Pellegrini 25mil
    2. Perin 15mil
    3. Ronaldo 120mil
    150% of SMS

Cash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I fail to understand why majority seem to think Szczesny is better than Buffon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Scientism altogether is a sick joke that provides zero meaning and tries to explain the entire world using, at its basis, mathematics.

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1960 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WΏΏdy? View Post
    1) Gigi is life
    2) He isn't better than our current goalkeeper
    3) He wasn't pushed out
    4) I would have loved for him to stay but there is no way he is at a level where he should start for us anymore, tbh even last season I was fine with him starting because of the level of respect he deserves
    5) Him leaving was best for both him and at club though as fans we wish it could have turned out different, but I'm not gona be selfish and claim he should have snubbed a chance to earn 10mil or more a year or another shot at CL. Having said that we did not have to pay him 6mil a year and keep starting him just for the sake of it. He is past it
    6) He's still gona win the league at PSG and probably lose CL just like at Juve, there is no damage to his legacy
    Pretty much this.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    We didn't want him to stay obviously. This guy sacrificed (i.e., wasted) his best footballing years in serie B and Secco's Juve although he could have won a couple CL's had he left Juve when Calciopoli happened, and we showed him the door when he was still a reliable goalkeeper. I'd be okay with this if he wasn't good enough to play for us. The fact that we might be getting Ronaldo and winning the CL the same year we let Gigi go is upsetting.
    Getting CR7 does not mean we will CL
    Dont raise ur hopes much..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Once Juve, Always Juve

Cash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Would you have liked him better if he joined Peruggia better. Because him joining Parma makes no sense, except sentimental one. He wants to keep on playing at highest levels. Juve showed him the door. If he wins CHL ill stop watching football, for good reasons obviously.

Cash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    What's his salary?

Cash
    Mentioned
    1359 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DelpieroForLife View Post
    I fail to understand why majority seem to think Szczesny is better than Buffon.
    He is, I don't think how people think Buffon is better. PSG got him because of his name and leadership abilities, just like they got Becks a while ago when the guy was clearly finished.

Buffon could've probably stayed and been a backup but it seems like he wanted more. That's fair but he is not elite anymore and Szczesny was by far more reliable in the games he played.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    Who wants to bet we play PSG next season....

...so Ronaldo can continue his record against Buffon.
    We will meet them.
    Ronaldo will see how our fans will warmly welcome GG
    Then in same year or next year we will meet RM and their fans will boo him..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Once Juve, Always Juve