Capitano Gianluigi Buffon - Player discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 1076
Page 1076 of 1077 FirstFirst ... 76576976102610661074107510761077 LastLast
Results 21,501 to 21,520 of 21525
  1. #21501
    起死回生 JuveJay's Avatar
    Breakout Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The wrong dimension
    Posts
    55,181
    Cash
    51,283
    Mentioned
    599 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    Basler: ‘Buffon should retire’
    By Football Italia staff

    Former German international Mario Basler slams Gianluigi Buffon - “Juventus won’t be able to win the Champions League with him”.

    The 40-year-old failed to stop Christian Eriksen’s free-kick which pulled Tottenham level at 2-2 in last night’s Champions League Last 16 match.

    Speaking on German television after the match, Basler was fiercely critical of the Bianconeri captain.

    “Gigi was an exceptional goalkeeper, but sometimes we miss the right time to retire,” the Euro ’96 winger said.

    “He’s lost the moment to retire, I stopped at 33. The club and the Coach [Max Allegri] have to tell him that the time to stop has arrived.

    “Maybe he really wants to win the Champions League, but he’s no longer an international level goalkeeper and Juventus won’t be able to win the trophy with him.”

    I suggest the Aryan Neo Nazi $#@! worry about his own $#@!.
    I love people who judge on snapshots, and when it's ex-players it's even more laughable.

    Mario $#@!ing Basler, really....he retired 15 years too late.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

  2. #21502
    In bocca al lupo, Fabio. Seven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Not in the sand :(
    Posts
    32,885
    Cash
    25,742
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    I love people who judge on snapshots, and when it's ex-players it's even more laughable.

    Mario $#@!ing Basler, really....he retired 15 years too late.
    It's often ex players who feel the need for an other five minutes of attention.

    Buffon made a mistake. Yes. And maybe 10 years ago he could have corrected that mistake by keeping it out anyway. His style has definitely changed in that nowadays he has to focus on being absolutely perfect and intelligent in the way he does his job.

    But to say that he should have retired years ago is just ridiculous. I remember Euro 2016 for example, where he was easily the best goalkeeper. Not to mention the mental toughness and intelligence he adds to a team (surely he's the only goalkeeper to applaud his defenders for letting someone shoot from 25 meters out because he knows he should save those efforts anyway).



    Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

    He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

  3. #21503
    J Salvo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Aus
    Posts
    51,837
    Cash
    50,115
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    I love people who judge on snapshots, and when it's ex-players it's even more laughable.

    Mario $#@!ing Basler, really....he retired 15 years too late.
    I dont even know who he is
    ADP 10 290!
    3!5

  4. #21504
    Social democrat Maddy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,735
    Cash
    118,617
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvo View Post
    I dont even know who he is
    Probably 'cause you didn't watch football in the late 90s.
    Much Love, bitches!

  5. #21505
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    25,012
    Cash
    42,797
    Mentioned
    1585 Post(s)
    Bit of a dimwit, but a genuine character. Liked him a lot.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

  6. #21506
    No good Elvin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    JS
    Posts
    27,030
    Cash
    10,403
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    He has a point in a sense that Juve won't win CL as long as their biggest star is a 40-year-old goalkeeper.
    ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO
    sono sempre al tuo fianco

  7. #21507
    J Salvo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Aus
    Posts
    51,837
    Cash
    50,115
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    Probably 'cause you didn't watch football in the late 90s.
    Probably because I was like 7 in the late 90s
    ADP 10 290!
    3!5

  8. #21508
    Primavera player MrMonkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    FLA
    Posts
    384
    Cash
    1,298
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    the pole was not mentioned once in any lineup or lineup discussion in the game thread, but yeah, "he should've started". I bet that was also your first thought when Buffon pulled that incredible save on Kane in 1st half
    You tell him my friend. What a $#@!ing save! The match seemed to be played in Juve's end for the most part. Made a mistake for sure, but WTF. Typically second guessing like always from SOME!

  9. #21509
    Floro Fckin' Flores B3N's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,809
    Cash
    216,447
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    What's with ze Germans and their obsession with Buffons retirement.

  10. #21510
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    25,012
    Cash
    42,797
    Mentioned
    1585 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post
    Because it's Buffon. He was expected to start. Allegri wouldn't have made the bold decision to bench Buffon. Since your opinions have been mostly clueless ever since I've had arguments with you especially about Szczesny , I suppose I'd have to take it with a grain of salt. I want what's best for the team whether he's a legend or a youngster, nobody is above the club. But it's hard explaining this to fanboy minds like yours which evoke emotional responses like the one above. Good day.


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    I'd rather keep playing the pole to be honest, not happening of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    new starter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post
    Of course Buffon is still top quality at this age but going by form, it would be really cruel to bench Szczesny.
    The Fair-weather fans we are. Obviously no one ever wanted the Pole to keep on playing.

    Pitbull must have dropped his glasses.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Inb4 Gigi is still good - yes, but if we have 2 good goalies to choose from, then why not keep playing the one that's in great shape?
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

  11. #21511
    LIQUID PEASANT Hydde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Panama City, Panama
    Posts
    33,024
    Cash
    35,680
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post


    - - - Updated - - -





    The Fair-weather fans we are. Obviously no one ever wanted the Pole to keep on playing.

    Pitbull must have dropped his glasses.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Inb4 Gigi is still good - yes, but if we have 2 good goalies to choose from, than why not keep playing the one that's in great shape?
    Last paragraph: because of diplomacy most likely and because buffon is a legendary keeper and our captain.

    But if we get objective, he must be sharing spoils with wojek
    KHDownloads

    Click the link please

  12. #21512
    Juventuz champion pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    8,382
    Cash
    8,038
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post


    The Fair-weather fans we are. Obviously no one ever wanted the Pole to keep on playing.

    Pitbull must have dropped his glasses.

    Inb4 Gigi is still good - yes, but if we have 2 good goalies to choose from, than why not keep playing the one that's in great shape?
    I love how you pulled posts from the start of January and tried to link them to Spurs game more than a month later, especially when there are posts days before the game where you both agree to lineups with Buffon in it.

    might as well quoted people who were saying that Buffon should consider retiring with grace in 2011 after Lecce failure or 2013 after that Bayern ricochet, Xperd was most probably one of them
    Sono sempre al tuo fianco,
    io di te non mi stanco.
    Sei la cosa piu bella che c'è
    Alessandro Del Piero, ale!

  13. #21513
    Legendary G.O.A.T Xperd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    21,378
    Cash
    35,687
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    I love how you pulled posts from the start of January and tried to link them to Spurs game more than a month later, especially when there are posts days before the game where you both agree to lineups with Buffon in it.

    might as well quoted people who were saying that Buffon should consider retiring with grace in 2011 after Lecce failure or 2013 after that Bayern ricochet, Xperd was most probably one of them
    Pulling statements out of your ass now ?Ironically you were the guy who was labelling someone in that other thread that he argues like a 12 year old. Seriously you're no better.
    I suppose Agnelli was a fairweather fan was refusing to extend ADP's contract. Buffon is on his last legs , he's 40 ffs and highly rumoured to retire. Meanwhile Szczesny has probably been our best signing of the summer. He's been better than Buffon , More agile , better reflexes, better reactions but it's a waste of time arguing this with you as you dont watch the games. Legend or not, No exceptions should be made. Buffon shouldn't get a pass just because he's been stellar for us all his career. Some times you just have to move on. Now I know it won't happen this season but from next year, Szczesny should be our #1.
    You're just an emotional poster who came in here with the intent of insulting anyone that criticized Buffon's performance. And your fairweather fan comment was highly uncalled for.

    Listen, I'm all up for legitimate , civil discussions but I suggest you take your own words back because I can clearly see who argues like a 12 yr old here. And oh yeah, please watch some football too. This is not 2006 anymore.
    VERRATTI IS A FANTASY AND VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE

  14. #21514
    Social democrat Maddy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,735
    Cash
    118,617
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Discuss Buffon's football abilities for all that matters.

    But Juventus will always be above any player. So his living legend status is irrelevant in a football discussion and if that argument is used one is per default disqualified.
    Much Love, bitches!

  15. #21515
    Juventuz champion pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    8,382
    Cash
    8,038
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post
    Pulling statements out of your ass now ?Ironically you were the guy who was labelling someone in that other thread that he argues like a 12 year old. Seriously you're no better.
    I suppose Agnelli was a fairweather fan was refusing to extend ADP's contract. Buffon is on his last legs , he's 40 ffs and highly rumoured to retire. Meanwhile Szczesny has probably been our best signing of the summer. He's been better than Buffon , More agile , better reflexes, better reactions but it's a waste of time arguing this with you as you dont watch the games. Legend or not, No exceptions should be made. Buffon shouldn't get a pass just because he's been stellar for us all his career. Some times you just have to move on. Now I know it won't happen this season but from next year, Szczesny should be our #1.
    You're just an emotional poster who came in here with the intent of insulting anyone that criticized Buffon's performance. And your fairweather fan comment was highly uncalled for.

    Listen, I'm all up for legitimate , civil discussions but I suggest you take your own words back because I can clearly see who argues like a 12 yr old here. And oh yeah, please watch some football too. This is not 2006 anymore.
    I'm not debating whether Buffon should be a starter or not , I was just pointing out how great was the reaction of you and several other posters, implying that Buffon is somehow keeping the club hostage right after the Spurs game, great timing, kicking a legend while he's down is Please, get this in your head, this is becoming tiring.

    Which words do you want me to take back? $#@! fairweather fans? I can rephrase to "long live Xperd, greatest fan ever" if itll make you feel better
    Sono sempre al tuo fianco,
    io di te non mi stanco.
    Sei la cosa piu bella che c'è
    Alessandro Del Piero, ale!

  16. #21516
    Legendary G.O.A.T Xperd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    21,378
    Cash
    35,687
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    I'm not debating whether Buffon should be a starter or not , I was just pointing out how great was the reaction of you and several other posters, implying that Buffon is somehow keeping the club hostage, great timing, kicking a legend while he's down is Please, get this in your head, this is becoming tiring.

    Which words do you want me to take back? $#@! fairweather fans? I can rephrase to "long live Xperd, greatest fan ever" if itll make you feel better
    Where did I imply anything like that ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post
    thought his performance today was a bit dodgy

    Could've done better on the 2nd goal atleast
    This was my only post before your response

    And then you came in acting all holier than thou, insulting people for criticizing his performance.

    I agree. It's tiring to respond to a poster who argues like a 12 yr old. Good day, I'm done with you.
    VERRATTI IS A FANTASY AND VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE

  17. #21517
    LIQUID PEASANT Hydde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Panama City, Panama
    Posts
    33,024
    Cash
    35,680
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    I think for some posters it was a bad timing to target buffon to bh.

    He has been good the whole season, even after his return from injury. The game against spurs was a colossal collective $#@!fest, and even then, buffon did his job but was unable to escape the $#@! ups.

    In any other day he would have delivered better. Thats said, he needs to start being on the bench more for wojek. Not because he is a liablity for us, but because its a reality he is 40 and life goes on.
    KHDownloads

    Click the link please

  18. #21518
    Juventuz champion pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    8,382
    Cash
    8,038
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post
    Where did I imply anything like that ?



    This was my only post before your response

    And then you came in acting all holier than thou, insulting people for criticizing his performance.

    I agree. It's tiring to respond to a poster who argues like a 12 yr old. Good day, I'm done with you.
    Ok, then it was not you but other poster at first, stop crying and bring your "Buffon shouldnt start but we all know he will" complaining to Allegris thread
    Sono sempre al tuo fianco,
    io di te non mi stanco.
    Sei la cosa piu bella che c'è
    Alessandro Del Piero, ale!

  19. #21519
    Social democrat Maddy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,735
    Cash
    118,617
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydde View Post
    I think for some posters it was a bad timing to target buffon to bh..
    Sensitive peeps on 'Tuz..

      Spoiler:
    Much Love, bitches!

  20. #21520
    起死回生 JuveJay's Avatar
    Breakout Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The wrong dimension
    Posts
    55,181
    Cash
    51,283
    Mentioned
    599 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
    He has a point in a sense that Juve won't win CL as long as their biggest star is a 40-year-old goalkeeper.
    We are talking about perhaps the best goalkeeper of all time.

    Or are you talking about best player? Because Buffon isn't that, but he's close.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Similar Threads

  1. Gianluigi Buffon great compilation
    By mrborg in forum Multimedia
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08.03.2006, 15:43
  2. Real Madrid want Gianluigi Buffon
    By Dragon in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 03.06.2004, 20:54
  3. Gianluigi Buffon's shirt on auctions to help autistic children
    By Gentil Bourriqu in forum Player discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 13.04.2004, 14:09
  4. Gianluigi Buffon
    By Lilianna in forum Player discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10.10.2003, 16:57

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •