The Ex-Juve Managers,Players(cats and dogs in some cases) thread (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2006
Former Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi has attacked the current management at his former club, saying that if he was still there the Bianconeri would be challenging for the Scudetto. He also revealed that Cristiano Ronaldo was close to joining the club a few years ago.

The current management of Giovanni Cobolli Gigli, Jean-Claude Blanc and Alessio Secco has come under increased attack from Juventus supporters for the way they are running the club.

Sporting director Secco, who replaced Moggi in 2006, has been universally panned for a long-line of calamitous transfers, including spending a combined €40m on the quartet of Jean-Alain Boumsong, Tiago Mendes, Sergio Almiron and Momo Sissoko.

Moggi has blasted this transfer policy and says that had he still been in charge, he would have had Juve challenging for the title with this kind of money available.

"If I’d have been in charge with the transfer budget that was made available last summer, Juventus would now be fighting for the Scudetto,” said Moggi.

“And Antonio Cassano would now be playing with us as well.”

Moggi is still bitter with his exit following the Calciopoli crisis in 2006, and has maintained all along that the whole scandal was a conspiracy involving Massimo Moratti, Tronchetti Provera, Guido Rossi, and even possibly members of Juventus’ current management who wanted the power for themselves.

Finally Moggi revealed that current Manchester United superstar Cristiano Ronaldo was set to join the club before he moved to Old Trafford, but the deal fell through because Marcelo Salas rejected a transfer away.

"Cristiano Ronaldo was already ours. He came to Turin to for a medical. It was all set, but then [Marcelo] Salas wouldn’t leave,” he concluded.

Gianni Wilson

Buy on AliExpress.com

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Former Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi has attacked the current management at his former club, saying that if he was still there the Bianconeri would be challenging for the Scudetto. He also revealed that Cristiano Ronaldo was close to joining the club a few years ago.

The current management of Giovanni Cobolli Gigli, Jean-Claude Blanc and Alessio Secco has come under increased attack from Juventus supporters for the way they are running the club.

Sporting director Secco, who replaced Moggi in 2006, has been universally panned for a long-line of calamitous transfers, including spending a combined €40m on the quartet of Jean-Alain Boumsong, Tiago Mendes, Sergio Almiron and Momo Sissoko.

Moggi has blasted this transfer policy and says that had he still been in charge, he would have had Juve challenging for the title with this kind of money available.

"If I’d have been in charge with the transfer budget that was made available last summer, Juventus would now be fighting for the Scudetto,” said Moggi.

Moggi is still bitter with his exit following the Calciopoli crisis in 2006, and has maintained all along that the whole scandal was a conspiracy involving Massimo Moratti, Tronchetti Provera, Guido Rossi, and even possibly members of Juventus’ current management who wanted the power for themselves.

Finally Moggi revealed that current Manchester United superstar Cristiano Ronaldo was set to join the club before he moved to Old Trafford, but the deal fell through because Marcelo Salas rejected a transfer away.

"Cristiano Ronaldo was already ours. He came to Turin to for a medical. It was all set, but then [Marcelo] Salas wouldn’t leave,” he concluded.

Gianni Wilson
i wish you were here moggi

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007

Gianni Wilson
sadly, the old ugly man is 100% right but we all know that and instead of thinking what we could have done last summer like i have a million times, im trying to think of the future cos thinking of our post-calciopoli transfer activity is just infuriating

The Ronaldo situation in shocking tho.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Moggi should realise that he is not helping the club with these comments and shoul zip it for a while, even if he may be right.

And the Ronaldo thing is pretty common knowledge.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Moggi should realise that he is not helping the club with these comments and shoul zip it for a while, even if he may be right.

:agree: couldnt have said it better

oh i knew about strong interest in Ronaldo but the medical i had no idea about..

May 4, 2004
I think its only the right thing to do speaking out!.. The board should know that the fans are very unhappy with them and we want them out.. Not replaced by Moggi right now, but atleast some that really cares about the club and not the power here..

Lippi, Pessotto, Conte, Zoff, Vialli.. People like thoes should be in charge of the club..

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
I think its only the right thing to do speaking out!.. The board should know that the fans are very unhappy with them and we want the out.. Not replaced by Moggi right now, but atleast some that really cares about the club and not the power here..

Lippi, Pessotto, Conte, Zoff, Vialli.. People like thoes should be in charge of the club..
true but i think it's time to realise that we have the current management as shithouse as they are.. bringing up subjects like what you have just explained just hurts as ive moved on

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003

exactly i love the guy but hes trying to justify his existence right now over the good of the club. We have enough shit to deal with.

Pingo

Oct 31, 2007
exactly i love the guy but hes trying to justify his existence right now over the good of the club. We have enough shit to deal with.
He is trying to shake up ULTRAS, that they will do something to get rid of that MOFO board (FIAT group)...
Moggi is the KING...:bigscarf:

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007

:agree: couldnt have said it better

oh i knew about strong interest in Ronaldo but the medical i had no idea about..
:tup:

Triptonite

Jun 12, 2007
You can see the difference of attitude in his statements opposed to the ones of the current mng.

And as the time goes by, I realize that he is right. It is much easier to do questionable actions and then throw all the accusations, instead trying to be nice and fair with everyone else.

That is the winning mentality he had and is still present with our champions. ...

I am 'starting' to miss him.

:scudetto: :scudetto: :scudetto:

May 4, 2004
Moggi: I'd have signed star duo Friday 29 February, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi insists he would have signed Antonio Cassano and Cristiano Ronaldo by now if he were still at the club.

The controversial managing director was banned from football for five years for his role at the centre of the Calciopoli crisis but still makes his opinion known on any Juve issue.

The Old Lady’s summer spending has been heavily criticised, especially the investment in flops Tiago Mendes and Sergio Almiron, and Moggi also feels the Bianconeri could have spent their funds better.

“If I had the transfer budget that was available last summer, Juve would be Scudetto challengers already,” the disgraced 70-year-old claimed on T9.

“Antonio Cassano would be playing for us, as would Cristiano Ronaldo. Ronaldo was already ours and even came to Turin for a medical, but then Marcelo Salas’ arrival delayed the transfer.”

Despite his criticism of the summer spending, Moggi has stressed his belief in under-fire sporting director Alessio Secco.

“He is a really competent lad and he will show that over time,” he insisted.

With Juve claiming that referees are discriminating against them due to the shadow of Calciopoli, Moggi revisited that painful time.

“I never look back, but if Gianni Agnelli had still been alive there would have been no Calciopoli,” he maintained.

“In today’s world you always have to keep your guard up and be ready to defend yourself.

“Look at how the referees treat Juve now. Referees have never been conditioned they condition themselves.”

WTF ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)