The Official Olof Mellberg Thread (2 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
sadly we have to wait till summer to see him in a juve top... no help to our defense now. if we got him now it would've of helped but i hope this don't mean no WC in july...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Lets hope that he wont become a sub, eventually, by the end of the season and lose his form.
We will need him to lead our defense among with Andrade next year...
Legro + Criscito for back ups Chiellini, Zebina and Grygera may also help the situation.
Unfortunately this means that we wont bring a new high quality CB...
Fortunately, our goals for the next year are already revealed, so that ppl will stop dreaming of titles (like they did for this year)

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Fortunately, our goals for the next year are already revealed, so that ppl will stop dreaming of titles (like they did for this year)
True, the board always said it would be a 3-5 year plan to challenge for/win the title, hopefully the fans here also understand this.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Agreed, that isn't helping us but be honest, I ain't surprised, no matter what, it will take some years before ref's will give us the advantage in highely doubtfull cases, unless there is a way that matches can be stopped to use tv images or something like that.

Anyway, on topic, I think we signed a decent CB for next year.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
good sigining, Birindelli won't be here next season and you don't know what Andrade will do. He's versatile, experienced and free. We need another D like Zapata though.

Welcome!

Oct 3, 2004
Mellberg has been phenomenal at Villa park for the past 7 years!

Although his best years are behind him perhaps, I think he'll bring in alot of experience. Don't expect a Thuram or Montero, but I don't think he'll flop like Grygera.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
His first words:

"I am very happy with this agreement. Italy will be an important experience, at a prestigious club and in one of the most important championships in the world. Now I must finish the season in an Aston Villa shirt but I really can not wait to come to Juventus."
Welcome, Olof...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
As I said in another thread

Good signing, one of the players that I like in the Swedish team. 30 years old is not an old age for a defender. I hope he does well and I wish we could have got him now, but anyway the price was really good to reject.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
I didn't like his loser attitude in the game against Germany in the latest World Cup, and that will always be on my mind when I think of Olof Mellberg. But sure yeah, he's been a rock for our NT for a good amount of years now, and I do appreciate his presence. As for having him at Juve I cannot say I'm too delighted, but I wish him the best and it is my belief that he has what it takes to be a successful backup player.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Lets hope that he wont become a sub, eventually, by the end of the season and lose his form.
We will need him to lead our defense among with Andrade next year...
Legro + Criscito for back ups Chiellini, Zebina and Grygera may also help the situation.
Unfortunately this means that we wont bring a new high quality CB...
when chiellini comes back one of em can pay LB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)