Calcio Italia article (1 Viewer)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I just emailed an article to Calcio Italia my favorite football magazine and i'm hoping they publish it in their next issue! If they like it alot i get a free juve shirt so I have my fingers crossed. So what do you guys think of the article?

Don's selection headache-

Despite being handicapped with a tactically incompetent manager the Azzurri have some of Europe's best talent available for selection and with a better man at the helm they could be tournament favorites. As pressure mounts on the players to nab a spot in the 23 man squad we can finally begin to look at players who deserve a chance at European glory. In goal Buffon and Amelia will certainly be there.Yet Curci has had limited playing time this season and could be ousted by either Mirante or Viviano. The world cup heroes zambrotta, Grosso, Cannavaro, and Matterazi all seem definite for selection. Barzagli should at least have a spot on the bench while Juventus duo Legrottaglie and Chiellini should be in the squad for their outstanding seasons. The Don will probably have Panucci and Oddo at the euros yet i feel that neither of them can offer anything special. In the middle of the park Perrota, Pirlo, Gattuso, Camoranesi, and De rossi are all obvious choices. The azzurri midfield has lacked speed and creativity throughout the qualification which can be solved by only one man. Torino's superb Alessandro Rosina could be the cure to Italy's lax performances as he could add a much needed life to the azzurri. Juve's Zanetti and Palladino should also get their spots. Zanetti is currently one of the best defensive mids in the Serie A and Palladino may not be a natural winger yet he was easily the Azzurri's best player against the Faroe Islands and could make an excellent substitue due to his ability to play in any attacking position. Aquilani is another great CM but there is no room for him or Ambrosini. In the striking department unstoppable goal machine Luca Toni and his partner in crime Di Natale are certainties. The Azzurri have a plethora of possible strikers for this tournament and the next three spots will be difficult to decide on. Del piero, Inzaghi and Cassano are currently my top choices despite what anybody says. Despite his age and his poor start to the season Del Piero has superb technical and dead ball abilities and he could be a super-sub for Italy. I admit that Cassano has serious emotional problems yet his footballing ability is second to none and he could add some much needed potency to the azzurri offence, just the sound of him partnered with Luca Toni is scary. Say whatever you like about Pippo Inzaghi yet the man scores goals in high pressure situations. Amauri and Taddei are good but i am %100 against their inclusion in the squad due to their Brazilian nationality, the Azzurri are not France so they don't need foreigners to play their football for them. If the Azzurri get far in the tournament and are in need of a goal late on, Donadoni would be kicking himself for not picking the master poacher. Gilardino is sadly a failure, Iaquinta is excellent with juventus yet whenever he plays for the Azzurri he is nothing but awful even in the match against the Faroes which was on his birthday!!!! Vieri is a possibility but not one of the top five, Quagliarella's season is improving and he could easily change my mind. Youngsters Rossi and Pazzini are by no doubt future azzurri stars yet they just aren't ready for the euros. Miccoli has been impressive yet not enough to beat out the other competition. Keep in mind that we still have half a season of matches to be played so this is only a current list of who i feel are the best for the Azzurri squad and my opinions will no doubt change by the time callups come around. The Azzurri have a wealth of superb talent and with an even half competent coach(which excludes their current one) they have every shot at winning the euros. Unfortunately with Donadoni at the helm i fear that the Azzurri won't even make it out of the group stage. If Donadoni can get a clue or a new job, if Cassano sees a therapist, and if the once great Azzurri defence can rediscover its world cup form then the Azzurri could even bring home a trophy this summer.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #12
    I do not expect Donadoni to call up these players i simply would call them up myself. I realise palladino is not a midfielder yet he was excellent for the national side against the Faroes and i think he could be an asset at the euros.
    I am thinking about sending them a shorter article about the matchfixing against Juventus this season.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    good stuff man but m aybe break it up a little it gets hard to read in that format.

stopped buying calcio italia a while back, great magazine but you get a lot of articles floating around here and all the news is whispered,revealed,discussed and tehn discounted before the mag even hits the shops

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Maybe more paragraphs and less bias would help you get an article published..

Palladino and Legro do not deserve to be called up..

Don't tell me Palladino played well against the Faroes...after all they are the Faroes(with all due respect)..There are better options out there

Legro has been quite good this season, but i can name 4 better centerbacks that deserve the call up more than he does.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #15
    Maybe more paragraphs and less bias would help you get an article published..

Palladino and Legro do not deserve to be called up..

Don't tell me Palladino played well against the Faroes...after all they are the Faroes(with all due respect)..There are better options out there

Legro has been quite good this season, but i can name 4 better centerbacks that deserve the call up more than he does.
    Who should get called up ahead of them?

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Too many things wrong with your article i am afraid to say.

You wrote it like you are writing in a forum not like you want it to be printed

You have not included first names but surnames in almost every case assuming your reader to automatically know whom you are talking about.

Your Juventus bias is too apparent, how is that you call Donadoni incompetent then you say he should call up Palladino on the basis that he played well against Faroe Islands, not that he scored mind you.

You discard both Oddo and panucci but you dont offer alternatives, so who will play at right back if Zambrotta is injured or has to play left back cos Grosso is injured.

Leggrotaglie for Italy, whats that about?

You cannot say Italy is not France in the foreigner issue as its provocative, and something noted for forums not magazines.

Its not like Camoranesi is not Argentine is it now?

There are more but Id leave that for now

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
    man i like ur work, even if its a first draft. just listen to the guys opinion they intend to improve ur writing. keep it up, maybe not this time but definatly u'll earn ur Juve shirt ;)

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #19
    Ahead of Legro: Chielleni, Barzagli , Materazzi and Cannavaro

Ahead of Palladino: Camo, Di Natale, Rosina and Quagrellia(spelling?)
    I listed all of those player except maybe Quagliarella. I did not only suggest palla because of the game against the Faroes i merely used that as an example due to it being his debut. I can understand why people would question Palla being included yet I feel that if he does get a chance he won't dissapoint.

Too many things wrong with your article i am afraid to say.

You wrote it like you are writing in a forum not like you want it to be printed

You have not included first names but surnames in almost every case assuming your reader to automatically know whom you are talking about.

Your Juventus bias is too apparent, how is that you call Donadoni incompetent then you say he should call up Palladino on the basis that he played well against Faroe Islands, not that he scored mind you.

You discard both Oddo and panucci but you dont offer alternatives, so who will play at right back if Zambrotta is injured or has to play left back cos Grosso is injured.

Leggrotaglie for Italy, whats that about?

You cannot say Italy is not France in the foreigner issue as its provocative, and something noted for forums not magazines.

Its not like Camoranesi is not Argentine is it now?

There are more but Id leave that for now
    I did not feel first names were important as i did not name any unknown players.
    Palladino has skills and creativity which the Azzurri always seem to lack.
    Chiellini is an excellent fullback who can play all across the defence in case of an injury to either of our wingbacks. I guess it would be better to have another wingback in the squad my mistake.
    Leggro is behind Canna and Matterazi, and barzagli but without Nesta who else should be the 4th centerback?
    I see your point about the article being provocative.
    Camoranesi has already featured for the azzurri many times. I do not think he should have recieved that first callup yet since he did theres no point in excluding him now.
    I welcome any other suggestions you have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)