Henry: I left Juve because of Moggi!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Thierry Henry said that he left Juventus for the Premier League side in 1999 because of a fall-out with the Turin club's disgraced former general manager Luciano Moggi.

"Something happened with Moggi that I didn't like, I don't want to go into the details," he said

"I'm an honest lad and for me it was a disrespectful thing. I would probably have continued to play at Juventus. But after that lack of respect, I told them I didn't want to play there any more and I left".

Reuters

----------------------------------------

That's exactly what we need.:pumpkin:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Of Course he is..How dare Henry even suggest that the clean and honest Moggi has ever done something wrong.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
maybe the two just didn't click. ibrahimovic says the exact opposite about moggi. it's lame to refer to the match-fixing scandal here, totally out of context
Maybe he isnt talking about match fixing..but it is hilarious how people reacted to what Henry said...immediately attacking Henry because there is no way Moggi ever did anything wrong.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I mentioned it in serie A thread, but this is the correct topic :

Henry talks about the time after the match against Roma in second part of the season 1998/99.
Right after the match against Roma we played the CL semifinal match against Manchester Utd at Old Trafford.

We played with Peruzzi;Mirkovic,Iuliano,Montero,Pessotto;Conte,Deschamps,Davids,Di Livio (77. Tacchinardi);Zidane, Inzaghi (88. Esnaider)
and Henry wasn't even among the reserves.

Maybe his comments have to do with this ? But then again, he would have attacked Ancelotti for not playing at Old Trafford, not Moggi.

Or maybe.... we were really bad that season and we had no chances to do anything (we played Intertoto Cup at the end because we ended 7th). Right after the Roma match, 8 rounds before the end of serie A, we played our next match in the league away to last placed Empoli, and we surprisingly lost that match.
If it's a match fixing thing what Henry mentioned (and i doubt it is) maybe it was fixing the match against Empoli to lose it and Henry didn't want to accept that.
This is hard to believe though.

I guess it was something personal between Moggi and Henry which had nothing to do with match fixing.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I mentioned it in serie A thread, but this is the correct topic :

Henry talks about the time after the match against Roma in second part of the season 1998/99.
Right after the match against Roma we played the CL semifinal match against Manchester Utd at Old Trafford.

We played with Peruzzi;Mirkovic,Iuliano,Montero,Pessotto;Conte,Deschamps,Davids,Di Livio (77. Tacchinardi);Zidane, Inzaghi (88. Esnaider)
and Henry wasn't even among the reserves.

Maybe his comments have to do with this ? But then again, he would have attacked Ancelotti for not playing at Old Trafford, not Moggi.

Or maybe.... we were really bad that season and we had no chances to do anything (we played Intertoto Cup at the end because we ended 7th). Right after the Roma match, 8 rounds before the end of serie A, we played our next match in the league away to last placed Empoli, and we surprisingly lost that match.
If it's a match fixing thing what Henry mentioned (and i doubt it is) maybe it was fixing the match against Empoli to lose it and Henry didn't want to accept that.
This is hard to believe though.

I guess it was something personal between Moggi and Henry which had nothing to do with match fixing
That makes more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)