Edgar Davids - Juventus Legends - Juventuz Forums
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 528

Thread: Edgar Davids

  1. #1
    Day Walker sateeh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,020
    Cash
    1,006
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Davids

    about the transfer, sometimes i don't understand our interest in him. We already have four forwards in the squad. I guess that means there will be changes in that department come summer time, because its not only the news but Gigli himself said we will be bringing in a forward in the summer

  2. #2
    Juventuz bench Thunderball's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    731
    Cash
    1,000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sateeh View Post
    Davids

    about the transfer, sometimes i don't understand our interest in him. We already have four forwards in the squad. I guess that means there will be changes in that department come summer time, because its not only the news but Gigli himself said we will be bringing in a forward in the summer
    I don't think it guarantees a change to current personnel. Most big teams in the Champions League carry 5 quality forwards. What it does say is that they don't plan to play Giovinco as a SS, but more likely as a winger or attacking mid.

  3. #3
    Juventuz star BIG DADDY!!!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    4,200
    Cash
    2,331
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Didnt know where to post this so....

    Davids: I Was Proud To Be At Juventus

    Ajax midfielder Edgar Davids has expressed his pride over having represented Juventus in the past...

    an interview with TuttoSport, former Juventus midfielder Edgar Davids looked back on his time with Juventus and Inter, declaring that, while he felt he left Italy at the correct time, he savoured his spell in Turin, if not Milan.

    "I spent just one year [at Inter] and it didn't go well, but I'm glad that I tried," related the 34-year-old.

    "It's a shame that things went as they did, and so much happened.

    "But Juventus? I want to be clear: I want to thank the fans. I had a great relationship with them, even at the tough moments."

    Davids went on to relate his fiery relationship with Moggi, but insisted that his spell at the Old Lady was a positive one.

    "I was always available and always did my best," he began.

    "I don't think I did anything wrong there. Rather, I'm proud to have played in that great team, and I will be proud for as long as I live.

    "Relegation? There was bitterness about that, but we are still proud to be juventinos."

    Goal

    LEGEND!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

  4. #4
    Juventuz champion tassard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Somewhere in Europe
    Posts
    5,871
    Cash
    1,610
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    One of my favourite players ever.THis guy is a legend!!!

  5. #5
    Juventuz bench

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    612
    Cash
    1,000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=BIG DADDY!!!;1530486]
    Davids: I Was Proud To Be At Juventus
    [QUOTE]

    ...and Im proud that a great player like he was, played for us. :bow:
    Last edited by Alex66; 07.01.2008 at 18:49.

  6. #6
    ------- Red's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    46,846
    Cash
    10,733
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    And I'm proud that you're proud that he's proud.

  7. #7
    The Fascist salman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    14,349
    Cash
    1,283
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And im proud that you're proud that he's proud that David's proud.
    Helter Skelter

  8. #8
    ------- Red's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    46,846
    Cash
    10,733
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    You've taken that too far.

  9. #9
    Biased JCK's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Eskilstuna
    Posts
    107,501
    Cash
    17,776
    Mentioned
    1444 Post(s)
    Someone posted highlights from some old Juve games, watching Davids play was the most interesting. In the game against Torino where we smashed them 5-0 he was sublime.

    Davids is sure a true Juventus legend.
    Ban Cronios

  10. #10
    The Fascist salman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    14,349
    Cash
    1,283
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juve red View Post
    You've taken that too far.
    I know.I killed it

    Quote Originally Posted by JCK View Post
    Someone posted highlights from some old Juve games, watching Davids play was the most interesting. In the game against Torino where we smashed them 5-0 he was sublime.

    Davids is sure a true Juventus legend.
    Totally.Davids is probably one of most complete Post-1990 midfielders that the world saw.He could cross,dribble,pass,tackle..everything.Fantastic player to watch.
    Helter Skelter

  11. #11
    Biased JCK's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Eskilstuna
    Posts
    107,501
    Cash
    17,776
    Mentioned
    1444 Post(s)
    I moved them to a separate thread as it is worth it.
    Ban Cronios

  12. #12
    Jinx Minx AngelaL's Avatar
    Space Invaders Champion Zoo Keeper Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    La curva sud
    Posts
    10,179
    Cash
    13,009
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG DADDY!!! View Post
    Didnt know where to post this so....

    Davids: I Was Proud To Be At Juventus

    Ajax midfielder Edgar Davids has expressed his pride over having represented Juventus in the past...

    an interview with TuttoSport, former Juventus midfielder Edgar Davids looked back on his time with Juventus and Inter, declaring that, while he felt he left Italy at the correct time, he savoured his spell in Turin, if not Milan.

    "I spent just one year [at Inter] and it didn't go well, but I'm glad that I tried," related the 34-year-old.

    "It's a shame that things went as they did, and so much happened.

    "But Juventus? I want to be clear: I want to thank the fans. I had a great relationship with them, even at the tough moments."

    Davids went on to relate his fiery relationship with Moggi, but insisted that his spell at the Old Lady was a positive one.

    "I was always available and always did my best," he began.

    "I don't think I did anything wrong there. Rather, I'm proud to have played in that great team, and I will be proud for as long as I live.

    "Relegation? There was bitterness about that, but we are still proud to be juventinos."

    Goal

    LEGEND!!!
    Edgar La creme de la creme!
    Juventina sono io - sempre!
    Chi non salta nerrazzurro č!
    Rest In Peace Riccardo Neri & Alessio Ferramosca

  13. #13
    Biased JCK's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Eskilstuna
    Posts
    107,501
    Cash
    17,776
    Mentioned
    1444 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBeL View Post
    Sorry, I didn't see the other thread...
    Threads merged.
    Ban Cronios

  14. #14
    3Seghe Salvatore's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,256
    Cash
    3,430
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    If he is supposed to have recommended Huntelaar to us then he is really a Juventino through and through. And those words he said are great. He is certainly a fan favourite.
    "Giocare nella Juventus significa non accontentarsi mai. Vinto lo scudetto? Bene, c'č la Champions. Vinta la Champions? Bene, c'č l'Intercontinentale. Vinta l'Intercontinentale? Bene, c'č da rivincere lo scudetto. C'č sempre poco tempo per festeggiare." - Marcello Lippi

  15. #15
    The Bozman Bozi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    ticlking your funny bone
    Posts
    22,733
    Cash
    1,376
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    have to say that davids was a tremendous player,dynamic,determined, forcefull and powerful. yet for all that the man has sublime skill that he utilised to great efffect for Juve,a modern great in every sense of the word
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    you're a vital source of aphorisms
    The Great Juventuz Love Story
    juve_baby-Bozi,marry me! you cook,i watch tv..***..
    Bozi-DEAL...though you will have to watch TV from the bedroom:eyebrows:
    juve_baby-deal is deal..***..

  16. #16
    Principino Ahmed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UAE
    Posts
    47,928
    Cash
    2,845
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    my 2nd favourite player after Ale...absolute legend....will always remember the way he completely owned Zidane in the 2 CL fixtures in 2002/2003....and great to see him encouraging other players to join Juve....Long Live the Pitbull!
    Last edited by Ahmed; 07.01.2008 at 23:37.
    "No color will ever be brighter for me than black and white." - Alessandro Del Piero

  17. #17
    Esteban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,365
    Cash
    1,000
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Davids-Zidane

  18. #18
    asdfghkl; Seņor Papito's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Falafelstein
    Posts
    23,245
    Cash
    3,566
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Yeah, what a partnership.. Can't reason to why he chose to join Inter, even after he had such a bond with Juve.

  19. #19
    J Salvo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Aus
    Posts
    52,473
    Cash
    51,401
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    i always loved davids. he is a champion.
    ADP 10 290!
    3!5

  20. #20
    Juventuz champion Trezegol17's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    9,124
    Cash
    2,072
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xXx View Post
    Yeah, what a partnership.. Can't reason to why he chose to join Inter, even after he had such a bond with Juve.
    He first played for Milan,then Juve and after Inter, he just decided that there is no better club then Juventus!!!

    Forza Pitbull ,hope he will shine some years at Ajax now!

Similar Threads

  1. Poor Davids
    By Zé Tahir in forum Club football
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 29.11.2005, 17:26
  2. The return of Edgar Davids.................
    By LaPrimaJuve in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 167
    Last Post: 15.02.2005, 05:29
  3. Barca thinks to keep Davids
    By Romano in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03.06.2004, 05:49
  4. Edgar Davids
    By JuveCampione in forum Player discussion
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: 23.04.2003, 16:19
  5. Davids: IN or OUT ??
    By dpforever in forum Player discussion
    Replies: 216
    Last Post: 13.10.2002, 21:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •