Zinedine Zidane (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2006
Zinedine Zidane was one of most talented football players in history.

He won Fifa World Cup and European championship with France.However his club career is not full of honours.

I remember his spell at Juventus.He was exciting player but something was wrong with Zidane's Juve.We lose 2 CL finals and won 2 Scudetti in 5 years.People criticized him because his playing style slowed down our attacks.
Moggi sold him for €66 million to Real Madrid.imo it was perfect deal.He would be free agent after 1 year and he was already 30 years old.

His Real Madrid journey started well.His most notable moment with them is his goal against Bayer Leverkusen in CL final.After victory at Glasgow,Zidane started to be useless for team.He was disappointment for Madrid fans.His glorious NT career was in danger because he failed at WC 2002 and Euro 2004(he was injured mostly).His last hope was remarkable finish with WC victory at Germany.He was leader of France until the final,you know rest of story.

is Zidane a Juve/Madrid Legend or France NT Legend?

Juventus Career

Serie A: 1996-1997, 1997-1998
European Super Cup: 1996
Intercontinental Cup: 1996
Italian Super Cup: 1997
UEFA Champions League
Runners Up: 1996-1997, 1997-1998

Real Madrid Career

La Liga: 2002-2003
UEFA Champions League: 2001/2002
Intercontinental Cup: 2002
European Super Cup: 2002

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Zidane is a legend of the game, simple! Only 1 or 2 players come close to him in technical ability, Maradona and Cruyff.

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
he's the best player i've known, but really i don't carry him in my heart anymore. after he left he didn't say anything about juve ever.

and when you look at the stats nedved did considerably better than zidane

i'm very happy that whenever zidane came back to the delle alpi he got a serious spanking

May 22, 2007
He is a world legend, if I chose. Look at what he has done in his career. He has won at the highest world and clubs stages, he impressed beyond belief at all levels. He has scored arguably the best ever Champions League goal, his technical abilities are a wonder to see and he is the most expensive player in history for a very good reason. He won the World Cup and the Euro Championships with France, and single handedly took them to the final last year, with his skill. What he did for each of the clubs (and French national team) he played at was amazing to see, that is why he should be in the category of best ever players to have kicked a ball.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I think as far as being a club legend is concerned, Zidane will probably be associated more with Madrid than with Juventus.His status obviously cannot be compared to what players like Del Piero and Raul enjoy at their respective clubs,nor was he just a flash in the pan at either club,so he might fall somewhere in the middle as far as his status at Juventus is concerned.IMO Nedved is a much bigger part of our history than Zidane,but thats primarily because im a bigger fan of Nedved than i am of Zidane,which probably makes my opinion somewhat biased.

To keep it simple,i think Zidane is a French Legend before anything else.Associating his legendary status with one particular club alone is hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)