Rebuilding all over again in january? (1 Viewer)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
After last evenings coppa game i finally had enough. I just cant hide my frustration towards some of our summer signings.

We probably aint gona get even half the money we spent on tiago-almiron. Who would actually want almiron?

What frustrates me the most is that, it isnt just 1-2 signings we need to make. I am not convinced with our fullbacks, with the money we spent on midfielders we could have bought a proper fullback who can go forward and can cross and can defend. In this moment in time i am uncertain should chiellini continue as a CD or as a LB. He has been the leader in CD.

I thought i`ll wait till the winter break but here goes:

Goalkeepers:
Buffon - :strong: no comment needed here

Vanstrattan - ok

Belardi - ok

Novembre - ok

Defenders:
Birindelli - old and injury problems, but his not a starter anyway

Zebina - how ironic, his actually the best RB we have. But if we want to compete in CL, we might need a better one.

Boumsong
- the "We need 26th player in our squad" blank checked

Grygera - he hasnt convinced me as a RB, bad crosses and hardly goes forward. Not that good CD either, messing up offside traps. Could keep as a backup CD though

Legrottaglie - here and there he has his legro moments but has been doing pretty good job lately. Not a long term starting solution though, thats for sure

Chiellini - imagine if he would have gone to man city :eek:, i am uncertain if he should be starting CD or instead starting RB in the future though. :star:

Andrade - yes he has potential, but we knew before we signed him that he has injury problems, and now he has been out for so long. Has potential but should we actually consider him as a starting CD if he never recovers from his injury problems.

Criscito - at times does his job ok, at times looks like headless chicken. Still young, probably needs a loan to some other club to get experience, considering his age i think we should not sell him, could be a good defender in the future.

Molinaro
- Not good enough, has done better than at start of the season, but still needs time to develop.

Midfielders
Almiron - "one way ticket, one way ticket..."

Salihamidzic - when he first came, i thought his not gona start anyway, experienced player, playing many years in top german club, seems like a good backup deal. Now he looks like finished though. He doesnt even look like a proper winger when he plays. Not good enough skills to pass players, not good enough creativity and so on and on. I would get rid of him, but it would be too many players leaving i guess. :relieved:

Nedved - :touched: still the desire, loosing his tehnique, we all know, his the player we really need to replace with a new playmaker.

Olivera - For the sake of showboating that we have 26 man squad player

Marchionni - Of all players, why did they clone Vicente :doh:

Zanetti - an inter reject, but what a reject :tup: already looking like a juve legend.

Camoranesi - in current set up, an absolute must starter, surprisingly injury prone this season though. Has he been eating the same food what marchionni eats :scared:

Nocerino - potential and already a starter. Can only get better with time, atleast now he plays in proper position, not at the start when he played as a RW

Tiago - :( Just doesnt fit in, cant see him taking over zanetti role cause his not a proper DM. Just let him go.

Strikers:

Iaquinta - best signing we have made. Keep it up :tup:

Del Piero - :bow: :touched:

Trezeguet - and now he even crosses :eek: :)

Palladino - Good backup, not a starter in my eyes even in the future.

-----
So whats gona happen in january? Expecting lot of moves? Almiron should def go, and bring marchisio in.
Hopefully we sign a defender, although the way chiellini has played, i am starting to think we should keep him CD and actually buy a good leftback.

Ofcourse we cant be all that cruel on some players, cause in the situation we where it wasnt possible to sign a milito or something like that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
January i say sign a good CB and a good playmaker and we will be fine. Chiellini can terrorize wingers as a left back again. For a CB our best option would be Barzagli. And for a playmaker there alot of great ones. Diego, Van Der Vaart, and Lampard are probably the three best that we have been linked with.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
get rid off Belardi + Boumsong + Almiron + Thiago. bring one world class center midfielder and one world class Defender, and we will be fine.

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
get rid off Belardi + Boumsong + Almiron + Thiago. bring one world class center midfielder and one world class Defender, and we will be fine.
We'll see about that world-class thing :)money:), but I think I agree with you here Snoop. But it should definetly be players to rely on, not unproven talents, especially as a CB. In midfield, I could wait a little longer maybe and only bring Marchisio as a replacement for Almiron to challenge Rino&Zanetti for a starting spot.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I agree about getting rid of tiago and almiron. My blood boiled from the moment we signed them, it seemed that our front office was more concerned with just signing someone to look active in the transfer marketplace as opposed to move methodically and actually get what we need. We are suffering from the repurcussions now even though we are near the top of the table -- no help from those 2.

Snoop you are right about needing 1 world class anchor in the back, I remember all of us agreeing about that back in the summer and last winter. Chiellini can’t do it all on his own and I think a strong combo SB/CB that can move up to DMF if needed would be ideal.

Finally I think hasan sama has been the worst investment for us. I don’t know how much we spent on him but IMO he hasn’t been worth a dime. Not an impact player that I thought he would be according to all the hype about him which was propogated by people on this forum.

I hope our front office and dumb coach do at least one of these things this winter, its my xmas list to santa.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I expect January to be Juventus to be relativley quiet in January.At most,i see us signing a decent central defender.No one world class however.I think June will be pretty interesting.Im pretty certain Almiron would leave.Cant say much about Tiago.If we sign Lampard or any other top quality central midfielder,then it could be the end of Tiago too IMO.Then obviously you have the Huntelaar rumours etc.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
For me it is simple

Sell Almiron and Grygera, bring back Marchisio and Giovinco and sign Ivanovic.

In the summer we sign one world class midfielder and that's about it.

Good Luck and Good Night.

Thread Closed.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
Almiron should go . Criscito should go on loan and gain some experience . I think he has good potential . Grygera is blatantly useless , sell him immediately . Boumsong should go . The rest should stay .

Tiago shoud be given more time . I'm sure he'll shine soon , it's only a matter of time , just remember Nedved and his rough start with us .

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
We'll see about that world-class thing :)money:), but I think I agree with you here Snoop. But it should definetly be players to rely on, not unproven talents, especially as a CB. In midfield, I could wait a little longer maybe and only bring Marchisio as a replacement for Almiron to challenge Rino&Zanetti for a starting spot.
yeah, we need world class proven talents, and not youngsters or future stars, cause we have plenty of them, but they are not ready yet.

i dont know about giving up tiago yet. he could still impress
He could, but not with Ranieri in charge, the man doesn't want him and there is nothing to do about it but respect his decision.

Snoop you are right about needing 1 world class anchor in the back, I remember all of us agreeing about that back in the summer and last winter. Chiellini can’t do it all on his own and I think a strong combo SB/CB that can move up to DMF if needed would be ideal.
with the world class defender in the center, that means Chiellini back to his place, LB, he is much better there, Molinaro is no starter, but he is a good sub.

Finally I think hasan sama has been the worst investment for us. I don’t know how much we spent on him but IMO he hasn’t been worth a dime. Not an impact player that I thought he would be according to all the hype about him which was propogated by people on this forum.
nah Hasan is fine, he is versatile player and we got him for zero cash, he is a good sub too.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I never wanted to even consider lampard b4 but the way our midfield has been performing from neddy's inconsistency to camo's injuries, I figure that lampard wouldn’t be a bad signing. Especially after signing tiago and almiron it can't get any worse.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
bring one world class center midfielder and one world class Defender, and we will be fine.
I agree. One player for midfield one player for the back. And we're just fine, no more, no less.

For me it is simple

Sell Almiron and Grygera, bring back Marchisio and Giovinco and sign Ivanovic.

In the summer we sign one world class midfielder and that's about it.

Good Luck and Good Night.

Thread Closed.
:lol:

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
I think Lampard would be a huge risk . Whether he can get used to playing serie A football in a country where English players are unheard of is very doubtful .
He simply won't fit in .

Baros

Nov 12, 2007
I think we are exaggerating a bit... the squad is doing pretty well, there are a few players that are not CL material, and there are a couple of flops but generally speaking they havent been that bad.

I certainly think that Almiron is the worst player we signed. I dont know who the fuck drew comparisons between him and Veron... whoever it was, im telling him "YOU ARE ON CRACK!!!". Hez slow, he slows down play, hez not a good ball winner in midfield- I dont see his strengths as a player yet! Before he came to Juve, I thought he was a good passer of the ball and takes good shots. His passing is decent, but he only passes the ball across the field, hez not inventive and he cant send a player one on one with a gk. As for his shots, I havent seen any, have u???

Tiago is not going to fit in unless u play him with two defensive midfielders... otherwise, he is a waste.

If anyone has tabled an offer for Almiron, I say we let him go. Tiago had his occasional moments (3 assists for Trez) and I think hez a quality player and needs to be utilized more effectively by Ranieri.

I agree with everyone tho: bring back Marchisio and Giovinco in January, and send Almiron to Siberia. Barzagli sounds like a good idea too- that way Chiellini can play in his natural position as LB.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
you serious man? Lampard would be huge signing! He is the exact player we need.
finally a sane voice!!! i think lampard would do a terrific job at juventus.

@jack: i agree with all the players we should get rid off except for grygera i think he would be the best back up player we could have. as for amiron and tiago i am fed up with them and the amount of people on the forums who whine about them not starting. may be the combination ranieri fielded in last nights midfield was too harsh considering both almiron and tiago have not been regulars but i honestly dont see both of them fitting in this juventus side.

we really need lampard, and a sub for nedved who is playing on vapours of his old form and i cant blame him for his performance the guy is 35 years old!!, and most importantly a cb.

i have my fingers crossed that our board will get some reineforcements this winter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)