Was 2007 the worst Mercato summer in Juve's recent history? (1 Viewer)

Was 2007 the worst Mercato summer in Juve's recent history?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 26, 2004
The Bad Buys:

Molinaro: He wasn't, isn't and won't ever be Juve material.

Andrade: Everybody knew he is a freaking injury prone... risky stupid move for my liking.

Criscito: I don't give a shit about his potential HE IS NOT READY FOR JUVE YET.

Tiago: Freaking Ranieri should never ever buy another player he can't use no matter how good he is.

Almiron: Next Veron my ass!

The OK Buys:

Grygera: Solid but nothing special squad player at best.

Nocerino: An enhanced version of Blasi... he might become better with time but not quite yet.

Salihamidizic: He past his best... and he even at his very best he wasn't one of the best... still a good and reliable squad option.

The Good Buys:

Iaquinta: I felt very mad when we sign him... now I feel very stupid that I doubted him.

The Bad Sells:

Miccoli: Selling him was a good idea but certainly not for such price.

Bojinov: An older version Tiago Tragedy.

Balza: We replaced him with Molinaro... brilliant.

The OK Sells/Loans:

Marchisio/ Giovinco: We must assure both that they will represent Juve next year.

Zalayeta: For his own good it was an OK move and we are well coverd.

The Good Sells:

Blasi: It was good to get rid of him at any fucking price.

So overall we made 5 bad buys, 3 bad sells and wasted nearly 40m on bad buys.

I would certainly say YES That was the worst Mercato summer in Juve's recent history.

What do you say? please discuss.

EDIT: Don't count the 06-07 season

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Your an idiot. We had limited cash and had to pretty much buy a full team. There is no way anybody could have predicted tiago's failure and andrade's long term injury. iaquinta and nocerino have been excellent. Criscito and molinaro were far from bad buys they just need a little time We are third place in serie A and would be a several points clear in first if it wasnt for the referees. What did you expect?I think the board the coach and pretty much the whole team handled this crisis really fucking well. Grygera and Sali were good because they were signed for free! They were never purchased to be starters and are excellent free squad players. We should fairly be the first place team in serie A and you are dissing our players? i agree that selling miccoli was a bad idea but Bojinov? How many goals does he have for man city this season? We have far exceeded expectations.:flag:

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
Your an idiot. We had limited cash and had to pretty much buy a full team. There is no way anybody could have predicted tiago's failure and andrade's long term injury. iaquinta and nocerino have been excellent. Criscito and molinaro were far from bad buys they just need a little time We are third place in serie A and would be a several points clear in first if it wasnt for the referees. What did you expect?I think the board the coach and pretty much the whole team handled this crisis really fucking well. We should fairly be the first place team in serie A and you are dissing our players? i agree that selling miccoli was a bad idea but Bojinov? How many goals does he have for man city this season? We have far exceeded expectations.:flag:
:agree:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Very, very harsh. We certainly don´t deserve the Oscar for this year´s Mercato but we shold make a fair asessment at the end of season.

Nocerino + Iaquinta + Molinaro were very good buys.

Jul 2, 2006
STAGIONE 2000-2001
CAMPAGNA TRASFERIMENTI

Acquisti (7)
Athirson (Flamengo), Brighi (Rimini), Carini (Danubio Montevideo), O'Neill (Cagliari), Paramatti (Bologna), Trezeguet (Monaco), Zanchi (Udinese)

STAGIONE 1998-1999
CAMPAGNA TRASFERIMENTI

Blanchard (Metz), Esnaider (Espanyol Barcellona), Henry (Monaco), Marchio (vivaio), Mirkovic (Atalanta), Paci (Ancona), Perrotta (Reggina), Tudor (Hajduk Spalato)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I remember half the forum were against the Iaquinta move..while i was defending him..i think i have the right to tell those particular people who know themselves......

I Freakin Told You SO!!

OP
DelpieroForLife
Dec 26, 2004
  • Thread Starter #14
    @Turk: Trezeguet or Henry is more than enough to make it a better Mecrato.

Not to mention that we have not wasted more than 40m on useless transfers.

Baros

Nov 12, 2007
    If it counts for anything, none of the big players we are linked with wanted to come to Juve. It's not fair to compare this summer's market purchases with any other season. Gilberto Silva, Lampard, Sissoko and all the other midfielders we were associated with opted to stay with their teams... so we opted for Tiago and Almiron.

Besides, are we really comparing Secco with Moggi now???

OP
    DelpieroForLife
    Dec 26, 2004
  • Thread Starter #17
    @ Fred: I have stated several time (last one in the 1st post of this thread) that I regreted critisizing Iaquinta:gsol: incase you are pointing a finger at me.

@ Turk: At least we made a profit by selling him to Arsenal for 20m that's a lot bettr than wasting 40m.

@ Mods: I can't quote anybody for some reason, anyone can help?

Jul 2, 2006
    @ Fred: I have stated several time (last one in the 1st post of this thread) that I regreted critisizing Iaquinta:gsol: incase you are pointing a finger at me.

@ Turk: At least we made a profit by selling him to Arsenal for 20m that's a lot bettr than wasting 40m.

@ Mods: I can't quote anybody for some reason, anyone can help?
    I thought we sold him for just 10m pound and we bought him for 13m pound

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
    My only complaint is that we would have been better off signing 1 world class player in midfield rather than 2 good ones who we dont play.

Also, people are being harsh on Molinaro. Molinare cant cross, ok, but other than Camo, Nedved and Del Piero, the rest of the team cant either. Plus his work ethic is very good, which means he will improve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)