[CONCACAF] 2010 World Cup Qualifiers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Stage One

1.Dominica - Barbados

2.Turks and Caicos Islands - St. Lucia

3.Bermuda - Cayman Islands

4.Aruba - Antigua and Barbuda

5.Belize - St. Kitts and Nevis

6.Bahamas - British Virgin Islands

7.Dominican Republic - Puerto Rico

8.U.S. Virgin Islands - Grenada

9.Suriname - Montserrat

10.El Salvador - Anguilla

11.Nicaragua - Netherlands Antilles
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stage Two

U.S.A. - Winner Game 1

Guatemala - Winner Game 2

Trinidad & Tobago - Winner Game 3

Winner Game 4 - Cuba

Winner Game 5 - Mexico

Jamaica - Winner Game 6

Honduras - Winner Game 7

Canada - St. Vincent & Grenadines

Winner Game 8 - Costa Rica

Winner Game 9 - Guyana

Panama - Winner Game 10

Haiti - Winner Game 11

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #2
    this part of the qualifiers is pretty boring. very easy games for all the top teams, USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, T&T, Jamaica, Panama.
    this is just the preliminary stages. after stage 2, there are four team groups, with the top2 from each advancing to the final group, with 3 1/2 spots dor the WC. the 1/2 spot means a play-off with a team from Asia.

USA and Mexico should definitely make it. the other 1 1/2 spots should be very competitive with Costa Rica, T&T, Panama, Haiti, Honduras and Jamaica all expected tp put up a fight. thte T&T team has improved significantly since the last WC, and if we can sort out all the internal politcial and financial issues, we should make it to South Africa.
    i expect to see Honduras pose a threat this time, with Suazo and Leon from Genoa.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I want to see how much guys like Adu and Szetela and Altidore play in these early stages, as it is a good opportunity to develop experience.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    I have a good feeling about Canada for some reason. Julian De Guzman is hot shit right now for the national team, as is Dwayne De Rosario. The only thing about Canada that worries me is the defense. If they're doing good, maybe they'll get lucky for once instead of getting screwed over all the time due to ridiculous officiating when it really counts.

OP
    Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #6
    anyone heard that they're going to make a CL-type CONCACAF tournament? i read it in the papers a few weeks ago. i would really look forward to that.

OP
    Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #8
    Trinidad & Tobago are scheduled to play England in a friendly in the summer. Supposedly, they're bringing all their stars. I'm definitely going because this is the most high profile game I've had the chance to attend. Obviously, I'm going to be booing the England players, but I'm thinking about making some kind of banner, but I don't know what to put on it. Ideas?

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
    Trinidad & Tobago are scheduled to play England in a friendly in the summer. Supposedly, they're bringing all their stars. I'm definitely going because this is the most high profile game I've had the chance to attend. Obviously, I'm going to be booing the England players, but I'm thinking about making some kind of banner, but I don't know what to put on it. Ideas?
    "David,tell Victoria to call me no more!"

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
    Nov 25, 2006
    You going the game?
    nah i in england for uni still....so i goin d game in meh bed :frown:

i realy want to see how we play as a team tho...tactically if we workin as a unit.

i doh wha yorke play tho. as much as he do for the team in the past is time for him & us to move on.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
    OP
    Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #15
    I'm not sure if Yorke is playing. Reports said a week ago that Maturana said this is a serious game and Yorke wouldn't play, andthat he would be a special guest and would be in the stands. More recent reports say he might play, but I doubt it.

Also, Whitley is the captain for this game, which I'm happy about. He is our most talented player IMO. He just needs to get his head on straight, and maybe this can help him. He should be playing in a top league by now, but his attitude probably prevented that.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
    Nov 25, 2006
    Yeh to me whitley was our stand out player during our last qualifying campaign. But i think he really needs to add goals to him game. It may be a bit late now for him to make a big move abroad but you never no. I think he was done no favours either being played left midfield.

Is unfortunate that we stuck now havin to play a player who i'm prety sure 100% sure won't be involved in our next campaign. If they really wanted to give yorke & dem fellas a swansong....play a bloodclat testimonial!!

that said tho i still expect a good showing from our team tonight. We need to get our heads in gear very fast....because after them 2 qualifiers later this month our first group lookin very combative to get out of

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006

Ghost

Jun 10, 2008
    Canada looks to have a strong side. We would have faced Mexico in the Gold Cup last year if it wasn't for the American screw job we received.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)