[Africa] 2010 World Cup qualifying thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Thanks for Bisco for providing the information.

The groups are:

Group 1

Cameroon
Cape Verde Islands
Tanzania
Mauritius

Group 2

Guinea
Zimbabwe
Namibia
Kenya

Group 3

Angola
Benin
Uganda
Niger

Group 4

Nigeria
South Africa
Equatorial Guinea
Sierra Leone

Group 5

Ghana
Libya
Gabon
Lesotho

Group 6

Senegal
Algeria
Liberia
Gambia

Group 7

Coite D’Ivoire
Mozambique
Botswana
Madagascar

Group 8

Morocco
Ethiopia
Rwanda
Mauritania

Group 9

Tunisia
Burkina Faso
Burundi
Seychelles

Group 10

Mali
Congo
Sudan
Chad

Group 11

Togo
Zambia
Eritrea
Swaziland

Group 12

Egypt
Congo DR
Malawi
Djibouti

With the pre-preliminary round already complete, hopefuls from across the continent will join top seeds such as Nigeria, Ghana and Cameroon for the second of three Stages.

There are twelve groups of four taking part, and the twelve group winners shall advance to Stage 3 along with the eight best-runners up.

From there, the 20 remaining teams will be split into five groups of four for a qualification battle that also serves to determine who will play at the 2010 African Cup of Nations in Angola.

The four group winners in Stage 3 advance ot the World Cup, and they're joined by second and third place from each group at the Cup of Nations.

This means that South Africa will actually take part in the WC qualifying campaign despite being hosts of the World Cup, and Angola will do likewise in spite of being in the Cup of Nations.

Angola will compete only for a World Cup place while South Africa will obviously play only towards a spot in the Cup of Nations.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Libyas group isnt that bad..IMO if we win all our home games we can get a best second place spot..and once we're in the next round i'm extremely sure we can qualify for the African nations cup

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Group 12

Egypt
Congo DR
Malawi
Djibouti

any easy group for egypt but it was never at this stage that we choke to be honest, its always in the final laps that egypt really start annoying me. i hope this time we can get thru cos i still need to witness egypt going to the world cup the last time i saw this it was 1990 and i was tooooooooooo young to remeber.

Jul 23, 2007
any easy group for egypt but it was never at this stage that we choke to be honest, its always in the final laps that egypt really start annoying me. i hope this time we can get thru cos i still need to witness egypt going to the world cup the last time i saw this it was 1990 and i was tooooooooooo young to remeber.
I was also very young (only 4years old) and I agree with you that Egypt always suffer in the last and most decisive moments and after we all start to think the the world cup is very close, then they get kicked, any way, hope they will do it this time.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
We beat Ghana!! We Fuckin beat Ghana, i cant believe it we are this close to getting to the second round of the qualifiers. We beat them without our star player(our only good player)..but the boys played with their hearts on their sleeves today!! What a Fuckin Night!!

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Cameroon really looks like they're on a downward spiral. Ever since the ANC Final they have been blowing hot and cold, plus this generation is done. Geremi, Wome and Rigobert Song are all past their best.

They played an extremely poor game against Morocco today and were lucky they didn't lose. Only reason for that was El-Hamdoui(top scorer Dutch league) was very wasteful.

Looking forward to the North African derby today between Algeria and Egypt, this matchup has always been a heated one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)