Downoading from Youtube (1 Viewer)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I don't know if you guys know this already but you can actually save Youtube or any other streaming videos on to your computer. My friend showed me: jus t download Real Player from realplayer.com, and when you go on Youtube you will see the option to download. The only problem is that you can onlyview the videos with Real Player and not with Windows Media Player for example.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Well can I save videos off this website srweb.eu in their videso section?
It depends. If it's a flash video, then no. The easiest way to find out is to install the plug-in and then mouse over the video you want to download. If a 'download' window appears, then most probably it'll work.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Ok well its not going to work that easily. I guess I'll have to continue to try and figure it out.
What you do is, right click the video and go to properties. Copy the url for the video. Paste that into the address bar and hit enter. The video should now be playing full screen (WM player should be fullscreen i.e.) Now go to File-save as, and it should save the video as a wmv file. Try that and see if it works.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Just go to Google and search for "download youtube videos". There are dozens of sites that encode the video into .avi (or whatever) for you to download.

Sep 26, 2007
Thank you soo much!!! You don't know how long I have been trying to do this and it took you 5 seconds to explain it to me. Thanks again

OP
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #16
    thanks for the much easier methods than the one i was using.

i just noticed, this is my 100th post, yaaaaay!!!

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    Actually the easiest way, for me at least is this:

http://www.arrakis.es/~rggi3/youtube-dl/

After installing it I just go to a terminal and type:

youtube-dl -t link
    Of course just typing "you" and then tab is enough then the t operator asks it to name the file as the title of the video, which cool. Unlike the lame "get_video" files of keepvid.

Oh and this script also works on Windows, never tried it though, maybe one could try it out and tell us. I am gonna bold this cuz I probably lost most people's interest back up at the word "terminal" :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)